directors and executives must show the way

I have no issues with the current players wages but there certainly is some dead wood we can get rid of instead of there being a wage cut across them all.

The 15% was an easy suggestion for a bean counter as it cleanly and quickly wipes of a mill from the balance sheet.

Look what happened when he just suggested it. Someone leaked it to the press and the pitch forks were out for a couple of days again. Frankly, people keep saying "Wallace wont be allowed to do his job" and by that they mean by people behind the scenes in the board room. Sadly I dont think its the board room that is the problem in this instance.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering one million of that 8 is director salaries, yes, the review will be interesting.

Still think 6 million a year for a squad that doesn't play even half way decent football is mental.

Your second point is a wee debate but doing my fag packet counting the football side does NOT seem to be a drain financially (yes I know there may be a debate about value for that cash) but with our revenue we should be able to cover (easily) the football expenses - unless the football expenses are higher than is being bandied about.

Your second point is a wee debate but doing my fag packet counting the football side does NOT seem to be a drain financially (yes I know there may be a debate about value for that cash) but with our revenue we should be able to cover (easily) the football expenses - unless the football expenses are higher than is being bandied about.

That's all well and good mate. I could afford a ps4 and an xboxone and probably not stretch myself, but could and probably will, need that money for something more important in the long term. That's the crux of my point: we could hit the ground running in 18 months and at least put up a fight if we had just been more careful with our money. Even if we started cutting back right now we could still give ourselves a better than decent chance of achieving that goal. As it is we are spunking thousands a week on guys like Foster and Smith when we could be paying half or less for the same level of performance. And we wouldn't even have to consider selling someone like Lee Wallace, unless its silly money of course.

So ask yourself what has is happening with the money that's left after paying the football side, don't blame McCoist for the money disappearing look at the so called board of directors for answers,that's if they will talk to you, because they didn't at the AGM.

So ask yourself what has is happening with the money that's left after paying the football side, don't blame McCoist for the money disappearing look at the so called board of directors for answers,that's if they will talk to you, because they didn't at the AGM.

1 million a year on salaries. 2 directors who don't take a salary at all.

What a bunch of crooks.

I think the directors are on a reasonable pay . Rangers are still one of the biggest institutions in Scotland and still has to be run as one - sponsorships , media , day to day running , match days , Auchenhowie , attracting investment etc - nothing changes irrespective of what division we are in. If anything , I would say our current directors have a harder job to do than most of their predecessors in generations .

Having said that , I'm pretty sure they are fairly wealthy individuals , and a cut , while not saving the club a great deal , would have set an example to the players to follow. Like I said before , we're all in this together and having to make sacrifices - directors , players and fans .

I think the directors are on a reasonable pay . Rangers are still one of the biggest institutions in Scotland and still has to be run as one - sponsorships , media , day to day running , match days , Auchenhowie , attracting investment etc - nothing changes irrespective of what division we are in. If anything , I would say our current directors have a harder job to do than most of their predecessors in generations .

Having said that , I'm pretty sure they are fairly wealthy individuals , and a cut , while not saving the club a great deal , would have set an example to the players to follow. Like I said before , we're all in this together and having to make sacrifices - directors , players and fans .

We want the club run properly, but we want to pay peanuts for executives and then complain when we get monkeys.

So what's happened to the cash, answer please

Its a thing of the past and its not happening now. There is one director from the old regime and he also put money into the club at the IPO.Easdales are taking nothing out and have put money into the club. Its time every fan and employee got behind Wallace and helps him take us forward. Dwelling in the past is good for nothing.

Its a thing of the past and its not happening now. There is one director from the old regime and he also put money into the club at the IPO.Easdales are taking nothing out and have put money into the club. Its time every fan and employee got behind Wallace and help him take us forward. Dwelling in the past is good for nothing.

:lol:

This one is not for turning.

That's all well and good mate. I could afford a ps4 and an xboxone and probably not stretch myself, but could and probably will, need that money for something more important in the long term. That's the crux of my point: we could hit the ground running in 18 months and at least put up a fight if we had just been more careful with our money. Even if we started cutting back right now we could still give ourselves a better than decent chance of achieving that goal. As it is we are spunking thousands a week on guys like Foster and Smith when we could be paying half or less for the same level of performance. And we wouldn't even have to consider selling someone like Lee Wallace, unless its silly money of course.

I dont really want to debate the individual players worth but I understand your point - however Wallace's first job is sustainability - income will go up as we progress - and once stabilised we can (if required) look at further invesment (ad futher investment I think has always been partof eberyones plans). What Wallace has to deal with is where are we now - he cant change the past, and it is Wallace himself that has said that first we must stabilise the club.

Now if he comes out after the 120 day revue and says we a reducing player costs by 15% to invest in scouting - few would argue - but it would be strange to me if he comes out and says we have to cut the football budget by 15% to survive.

Were you there, do you like jaffa cakes??

That was last year.

Still waiting on your itemized list of expenses and costs for this year so far.

Take your time or continue to blank it.

Sorry I've upset you but keeping losing internet connection, think you will find this years accounts haven't been produced yet but I'm sure a half year accounts have to be produced before end of March, should be interesting don't you think and it's not my job to itemise expenses although sure as he'll wish I had control of them, i will back Wallace but not the rest of the board.

That was last year.

Still waiting on your itemized list of expenses and costs for this year so far.

Take your time or continue to blank it.

Sorry I've upset you but keeping losing internet connection, think you will find this years accounts haven't been produced yet but I'm sure a half year accounts have to be produced before end of March, should be interesting don't you think and it's not my job to itemise expenses although sure as he'll wish I had control of them,I will back Wallace until such times he starts taking the piss.

thankyou for your sincere and measured input to this discussion.

the OP has already apologised for rushing to some conclusions that don't stand up too well under closer scrutiny

however the OP has stated in his defence that while his facts may have been reached at a moment of high emotion and that whilst lacking rational computed evidence, this never the less does not take away from the essence of what the post was about: if costs need to be cut then the net has to be cast wider than the playing pool.

Having said the the OP would like to further add that at the end of the day I guess we all knew this anyhow...

in hindsight and with a view to looking forward to the future, the OP sees clearly the value of clear minded and concise postings on RM.

In other words one must always endeavour to ensure they know what the fuck they are talking about before they post it :lol:

Allways try and be well pissed and incapable of standing,it helps to balance one's thread, and allows one to not give a flying fuck when one's critique is under criticism, if upset, drink oneself into oblivion, or as you did just apologise. :7325:

Ach! Shame, put the kettle on son, you're upset. :7325: