artificial pitches

bomber

how many clubs in the first division next season play on artificial surfaces? I think we play better on normal grass pitches so hopefully we won`t have many of these false surfaces to contend with.The league will be tougher next season so we don`t want to be dropping silly points in our journey back to the top flight.Your thoughts lads...

how many clubs in the first division next season play on artificial surfaces? I think we play better on normal grass pitches so hopefully we won`t have many of these false surfaces to contend with.The league will be tougher next season so we don`t want to be dropping silly points in our journey back to the top flight.Your thoughts lads...

QOTS, Livingston?, Alloa

Agree that we play better on grass rather than artificial surfaces , although at Auchenhowie we have a choice of both surfaces , so can prepare for the upcoming game on whichever surface it'll be ,so no excuses

The one at auchenhowie is the old stuff, the newer stuff is different

Agree that we play better on grass rather than artificial surfaces , although at Auchenhowie we have a choice of both surfaces , so can prepare for the upcoming game on whichever surface it'll be ,so no excuses

All we need is a wind machine to prepare for that, and then we're steaming ahead.

Never knew that Rfc52 , we still got 3g up there then ? what "g" is the latest surfacing ?

Aye last I heard was still 3G. Think it's all 4g now but even at that there is different grades of that. (Not 100% sure on that) but think it's right

Aye last I heard was still 3G. Think it's all 4g now but even at that there is different grades of that. (Not 100% sure on that) but think it's right

Aye I just read about the surfaces now going upto 6g though it's not endorsed by governing bodys .(lets hope Ally and the team don't ask for an upgrade ffs ,there will be a fuckin meltdown on here )

The one at auchenhowie is the old stuff, the newer stuff is different

Correction Auchenhowie artificial pitches are top of the range brand new 4G I think. They were relayed in October/November it took 6 weeks. They don't normally train on them as they are in the pro youth and academy section although available if required. Never bothered to ask my grandson if they were any better.

I think it goes up to 6G - but 4G/5G/6G are mainly marketing terms, and there's no FIFA accredited grading for anything above 3G

So a company can say 'we have made 6G turf, it's much better than that shitey 5G crap' - but there's not much else in it

The 4 is the best stuff I've ever played on