Scapegoats & Scaremongering

D'Artagnan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope in terms of which eventuality? You appear to have no idea how strongly fans will object to having been lied to by a supposed legend.

It will never be as black and white as that - Sure, have your own opinion on the rights and wrongs, but the support will generally back McCoist until the end of time.

It will never be as black and white as that - Sure, have your own opinion on the rights and wrongs, but the support will generally back McCoist until the end of time.

That very much depends on who chooses to inform fans of Ally's actions and how effectively the message is delivered.

The tide has very clearly started to turn against Ally. He's been paid an obscene salary for far too long and he's made sure he received every penny, pausing only to see to it that fans don't realise how much he's been paid. Utterly shameful.

That very much depends on who chooses to inform fans of Ally's actions and how effectively the message is delivered.

The tide has very clearly started to turn against Ally. He's been paid an obscene salary for far too long and he's made sure he received every penny, pausing only to see to it that fans don't realise how much he's been paid. Utterly shameful.

Who would be your guess/choice as being the messanger here?

I think opinions on Allys salary and his perceived handling of it will go largely un-noticed.

Who would be your guess/choice as being the messanger here?

I think opinions on Allys salary and his perceived handling of it will go largely un-noticed.

I'm very confident that at least one Rangers fanzine will give this story the exposure it warrants.

Am I right in thinking that players salaries equate to 30% of our current turnover?

If I am there or thereabouts then that's not excessive all. So where is the bulk of the rest of this expenditure?

Answers on a postcard to - Chico Green, salubrious chateau, south of France.

FORMER Rangers chief executive Charles Green has revealed he has bought a French chateau.

Green has bought Castle Marcei, near Argentan in Normandy for just over 400,000 euros.

He told how he visited 30 properties before buying the 18th century castle and 27 acres of surrounding meadow and woods.

The outspoken Yorkshireman said he plans to indulge his love of horses at the mansion.

He said: “I just wanted to buy a property in Normandy to live with my 30 horses.

“I’ve always been fascinated by the thoroughbred. Normandy is the epicentre of the horse world, this is where I decided to start a new life.”

He added: “In each of my visits, it is as if the castle told me: ‘buy me’.

“I hope to finish the work within three months and bring my horses.”

Green was paid almost £1m in 13 months at Rangers, according to the club’s accounts.

:sherlock:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rangers-charles-green-buys-castle-in-normandy-1-3124568

Following yesterday's disclosure of Ally's connivance in withholding the truth of his salary from the support, I suspect a lot more fans will choose not to attend games until Ally "It's time to pay my arrears in full" McCoist is long gone.

I think most fans will back Ally and the players before they'd back the current boardroom and their PR rats.

So we're ok with people taking mental salaries as long as its not board members?

I didn't say that though. Ally's salary was too high and I'm glad it's been reduced.

Cuts need to be made throughout the club, but if the board and the investors they represent think they'll win a popularity vote between themselves and Ally and his players by continuing to employ the likes of Stockbridge and PR rats like Jack Irvine, then I have even more doubts about their suitability to be running Rangers.

I didn't say that though. Ally's salary was too high and I'm glad it's been reduced.

Cuts need to be made throughout the club, but if the board and the investors they represent think they'll win a popularity vote between themselves and Ally and his players by continuing to employ the likes of Stockbridge and PR rats like Jack Irvine, then I have even more doubts about their suitability to be running Rangers.

So their suitability is based on who they employ and not how they perform?

Or a better question: results in the league start to mirror the performances, we stick with the coaching staff because we prefer them to the board?

So their suitability is based on who they employ and not how they perform?

Or a better question: results in the league start to mirror the performances, we stick with the coaching staff because we prefer them to the board?

Regarding the first question: Who they employ is intrinsically linked to how they perform. Continuing to employ Stockbridge & Irvine when most of the club's biggest investors, ie the fans, want these two men booted out, is clearly going to directly affect our ongoing perception of their performance.

Regarding the second question: It's inevitable that results will eventually start mirroring performances occassionally next season and more once we're back in the top flight unless there's significant investment in the playing squad over the next two summer transfer windows. Our current squad as it is should be able to win the league next season no problem, but it'll prove a tougher test than this season. There's no doubt about that.

Does there really provided he's good at his job?

Do you think guys like Daly grew up respecting our club and it's traditions? Most people think he's doing an excellent job for example

I also think Daly's primary motivation for joining us was, ironically, money!

A bit like our current board and investors.

Oh the irony!!!!

Regarding the first question: Who they employ is intrinsically linked to how they perform. Continuing to employ Stockbridge & Irvine when most of the club's biggest investors, ie the fans, want these two men booted out, is clearly going to directly affect our ongoing perception of their performance.

Regarding the second question: It's inevitable that results will eventually start mirroring performances occassionally next season and more once we're back in the top flight unless there's significant investment in the playing squad over the next two summer transfer windows. Our current squad as it is should be able to win the league next season no problem, but it'll prove a tougher test than this season. There's no doubt about that.

So what you are saying, in a round about way, is that BS and/or JI regardless what they or the board do will drag down the perception of the board that employs them.

Another question if you dont mind: Given the above, would you say it would be unfair for someone like myself to apply the same logic to the coaching staff? So no matter how well they actually do their jobs, my mind is made up and I want them gone; even if they produce untold success?

Cant argue with the second part. (tu)

FFS SUPPOSED LEGEND 10 LEAGUE WINNERS MEDALS, 9 LEAGUE CUP WINNERS MEDALS, 3 SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS MEDALS, 2 GOLDEN BOOTS (ONE HE DONATED TO THE CLUB) 418 APPEARANCES PLUS 251 GOALS

CAN WE NOT CALL A LEGEND, A LEGEND ANY MORE, THAT'S GOT TO BE ONE OF THE SADDEST THINGS I HAVE EVER READ ON HEAR

:mccoist: ALLY MCCOIST IS A LEGEND FACT

So you're OK with the principle of McCoist coercing the board to falsify the annual accounts so that fans don't get a bad impression of him when they see how much he's paid? That's fine as long as "Stockbridge and the PR rats" are shown the door, is that it?

Unfortunately Alistair suffers from the same affliction as Smith money solves all, only this time there are no cheques left in the cheque book, only stubs.

That has always been the Rangers answer to everything since Stein took over at Parkhead in the 60s.Short-term, "throw money at it".

And this time it's a bit problematic as there's no money to throw at it.

So you're OK with the principle of McCoist coercing the board to falsify the annual accounts so that fans don't get a bad impression of him when they see how much he's paid? That's fine as long as "Stockbridge and the PR rats" are shown the door, is that it?

Whoa whoa whoa.

What? Where? When?

Whoa whoa whoa.

What? Where? When?

"At the time of the IPO, it became apparent that public disclosure of Ally's salary may be necessary in the Prospectus. Ally was concerned at how the fans would react to his salary level and I understand that he wanted to reduce it further to around £200k but with some sort of guaranteed bonus to make it back up. The Executive did not accept this as it was considered misleading and the disclosure made in the prospectus was for the actual amounts paid to Ally from June to August."

FFS SUPPOSED LEGEND 10 LEAGUE WINNERS MEDALS, 9 LEAGUE CUP WINNERS MEDALS, 3 SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS MEDALS, 2 GOLDEN BOOTS (ONE HE DONATED TO THE CLUB) 418 APPEARANCES PLUS 251 GOALS

CAN WE NOT CALL A LEGEND, A LEGEND ANY MORE, THAT'S GOT TO BE ONE OF THE SADDEST THINGS I HAVE EVER READ ON HEAR

:mccoist: ALLY MCCOIST IS A LEGEND FACT

You will instantly be told to seperate the player from the manager.

Not as simple as that in my world.

You will instantly be told to seperate the player from the manager.

Not as simple as that in my world.

Why not?

He is now our manager and will still be next season at least.

Whether you like the football the team is playing or not, the results are fine apart from the Forfar SLC debacle.

We will win this league at a canter and enter the "Championship" with Ally still in charge.

In my opinion we will find that league a good bit tougher to win, but probably will win it although Ally will be tested a lot more.

Then Ally will lead us into the SPL where the going may be very tough depending on our squad etc.

Ally is a legend. His results as a manager this past two seasons are ok - better this season understandably - but a lot of the football has been poor.

I frankly do not rate him very highly as a manager, but cannot see him not being here when we reach the SPL, except if he really struggles next season or if he and the Board have a big fallout over cuts.

There is no reason though not to judge him as a manager. JG was sacked as a manager and he too was a Rangers legend.

Ally is our manager and should be judged as such.