Tomorrow's Herald

TheBluebells

The manager does not need any more backing, we need to bring our costbase down before we even think about spending money again.

Sorry davie boy, you are way off on this one.

That's the thing gogzy at this level any team worldwide would need to make cuts..

Is it not better looking at the bigger picture and see that the current running cost at the top level would more than likely see us running at profit?

Don't know about you but I expect us to win the spl at first attempt back. Massive cuts could damage that. I hope the current board don't just expect us to accept 2nd the first season we are back. Cause I just won't accept any such thing.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mental.

The manager should not be allowed to spend big again until next summer at the earliest, even then that's pushing it.

I have no issues with backing the manager and giving him money to spend on players. As soon as he has trimmed the dead wood and wasted wages off the wage bill.

Once he does this, then I expect the board to back him ( or whomever is the manager) as much as is financially possible.

We need guys like Cribarri off the wage bill before we think about bringing in anyone else. If that does not happen we will end up with an even more bloated squad and even more dead wood.

That's the thing gogzy at this level any team worldwide would need to make cuts..

Is it not better looking at the bigger picture and see that the current running cost at the top level would more than likely see us running at profit?

Don't know about you but I expect us to win the spl at first attempt back. Massive cuts could damage that. I hope the current board don't just expect us to accept 2nd the first season we are back. Cause I just won't accept any such thing.

That's all well and good mate but are you telling me that 3/4 of that squad wont need replaced to compete.

We need to become sustainable at this level, now, and then start courting investment. That is how we are going to get a "war chest" for the manager.

I have no issues with backing the manager and giving him money to spend on players. As soon as he has trimmed the dead wood and wasted wages off the wage bill.

Once he does this, then I expect the board to back him ( or whomever is the manager) as much as is financially possible.

We need guys like Cribarri off the wage bill before we think about bringing in anyone else. If that does not happen we will end up with an even more bloated squad and even more dead wood.

(tu)

You need to speculate to accumulate.

We will never win the premiership if we don't do this.

I don't think the board should be trying to cut the players salaries as the cost at the moment is more the reasonable and the cuts should be made elsewhere.

Its pointless starting that league if The Rangers aren't in a position to challenge them all the way. If ally doesn't win it at the first attempt he should be sacked.. Even if we lose it by one goal..simply not enough

Like I said mate, we should only be investing any more in the playing squad, after shifting some of the unneeded players on.

If we can get rid of some deadwood, and a few good players become available, then yes I want us to be looking to bring them in.

We simply can not keep pissing money up against the wall.

Also I would rather be second in the league, than us get into real finiancial problems again.

I guess the bottom line is this, if Dave King has a vision of a big spending Rangers again, and he is willing to bankroll it....then buy the club Dave and lets see how far you can take us.

Other than that, leave the current guys in charge alone to do the jobs they have been brought in to do, and they will speak to you when and if they require your investment.

Headlines like this are just gonna fan the flames and start arguments again IMO.

If you are right, why would we not cut costs if we can?

Any business is looking to maximise profits, and so if you can reduce expenditure while maintaining or even increasing income, you will be doing well

The balance for Wallace will be to cut costs to a certain level, while allowing us to maintain our progression back to top flight football

Personally, I don't see why DK is giving these snippets of his opinions to the media, either put up or shut up.

I think, as Wallace has said he will do, that we need to get the business sustainable on it's own, before looking to outside investment.

When the time comes that we do look for investors, we want to be in the best financial shape possible, and so if we are in the leagues where we don't need the expenditure we have to win, why bother?

Also, I would be wary of someone like King stepping in and on the face of it, 'solving' our problems

While we may not be financially fucked, that would mean there's no drive to sort ourselves out - we want to be secure for whatever eventuality comes

Its pointless starting that league if The Rangers aren't in a position to challenge them all the way. If ally doesn't win it at the first attempt he should be sacked.. Even if we lose it by one goal..simply not enough

I think it would depend on the manner of the loss.

One goal but we played great football would be enough to give him another bite.

I agree we are Rangers and our team should be strong enough to win the premiership at the first go.

We don't do second place and GW and the board really need to realise this.

It's gonna be a big ask to do that imo. I am an eternal optimist, but even I think we will struggle to win it at the first crack, unless we spend cray money and bring in some much higher quality. ( and doing that before we streamline the deadwood, would not be finiancially smart)

I think (with the current squad) any manager would struggle to take that team on to win the top flight, we are simply not good enough for that YET.

We have wasted lot of money agreed what I can't get my head around is 22million raised and 2years of ST money all be it reduced n frozen prices. So were looking at 25/26million in 18month gone(almost) for this board to get trusted 100% IMO BS must go.

Pish.

Even if they fired him today, you and the others would be saying you still won't trust them until.....yadda....yadda....yadda....

If the board delivers what they said they will be trusted by all the true fans. The rest can go support Partick Thistle.

As for King, I have more shares in Rangers than him so he is outranked and can GTF.

Until he puts his money where his gob is, he has no right to be telling anyone anything.

EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE, was demanding the board cut the spending. Predictably now they are doing so, the agenda driven twats are now sniping that they are cutting back.

Were they lying about wanting cutbacks before the AGM or are they lying now ?

If the article matches the headline, then King is manipulating the situation to get Rangers on the cheap. Just another carpetbagger.

Is he still using Carsons Pussy to push the line he is not lining anyones pockets and is waiting for christmas/an IPO/the AGM to settle/the taxcase to settle ?

Time to shit or get off the pot Davy boy.

I'm f@@king sick of this, is he turning into another blower just like mccoll was?

All mouth and no money.

It seems so - at least McColl was straight from the off about not putting any money in, King is seeming to hang the carrot in front of us, don't know why.

People need to realise that as a support, we need to know what is happening with our club, and so anyone who keeps hanging this fabled carrot in front of us without anything coming of it will soon find themselves frozen out by the majority of the support.

Crazy thought.... but maybe King knows a tad more about Rangers than you or I.

Good chance but what's that got to do with anything? It does make him right either

Why is King lauded as some sort of hero and saviour? He's had umpteen chances to put money in or buy us instead he came out demanding to be put on the list of creditors for his 20 million back when we were in administration then publically encouraged the creditors to knock back a CVA when he failed to get on the list

Oh and he said we'd be in administration again before Xmas there

Yes King knows everything and is always right