Tomorrow's Herald

TheBluebells

So go ahead with that irrespective of financial risk?

I would say that given the amount of money we have given the club these last 18months.. It is sickening that were even talking about weather we can or can't afford it. 10 million should've been saved to spend on squad when it was needed. We need major investment to challenge for the perm. They'll need to get it from somewhere, or starting that season is pointless

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said from day one they are trying to change things to quickly.. Cuts are needed but not as deep as people are making out.. Rangers can handle 2-4 million debt easy

That is pish, good sir.

The whole spend, spend, spend mantra was what got us in the shit in the first place.

Keep spending on squad, urges King

4276780.jpg

Richard Wilson

Sports writer

Thursday 23 January 2014

Dave King believes Rangers should be investing in the squad rather than seeking to cut costs.

The former Ibrox director has expressed his concerns that decisions made in the coming weeks will affect the team's ability to compete with Celtic when they eventually return to the top flight.

The Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace is conducting a review of every aspect of Rangers' business. Last week he raised the possibility with the squad of a 15% wage reduction, although the players responded by asking if a similar sacrifice would be made by the club's executives. By Wallace's own admission, though, cuts will need to be made to bring the business back on to an even keel, although he has insisted that administration is not a threat.

King, though, believes that cutting costs now will undermine Rangers' attempts to restore the club to its previous status. The first-team wage budget is 30% of turnover - significantly less than UEFA's recommendations - and there is no scouting set-up, following Neil Murray being removed as head scout last year.

"The CEO has a lot of personal credibility but he is constrained by the funding realities," said King, a South Africa-based businessman. "I believe the club has to have funders who will invest to ensure that we can compete with Celtic when we get back to the SPFL. Unfortunately, our existing shareholders either don't have the money or the willingness to support Ally [McCoist, the manager]. With the right shareholder profile we should be investing in the squad not reducing it. We should be supporting Ally 100%."

King has previously said he would like to lead a new round of fundraising through a fresh share issue. The shareholders would have to reinvest to maintain the relative size of their stake in Rangers International Football Club, so such an initiative would likely change the ownership dynamic. Wallace has said he will address the need for new funding once the business has been streamlined.

King held meetings with Sandy Easdale, the shareholder and member of the Rangers Football Club board, last year in an attempt to broker an agreement that would have allowed him to invest in the club and take up the chairmanship of RIFC plc. He could not reach a compromise deal with the different factions within the shareholder base. He was also keen that Paul Murray should return as a director. Murray was among the four nominees who did not receive enough votes at last December's annual meeting to be elected on to the board. King believes that as well as supporting McCoist, shareholders ought to have been open to working with Murray. "He is a man that all Rangers' fans can completely trust," said King.

http://www.heraldsco...-king.23251877?

im very wary of giving ally another pot of money to waste based on past experience

I love ally, but his record in the transfer market is awful.

Sandaza, Bedoya, Mckay Celik Peralta Ortiz (ouch) Goian ( second half of 2011/12 and Cribari have been unmitigated disasters

Black Templeton Shiels Faure and Law haven't really set the heather alight

Daly Aluko and Wallace are the only two who get pass marks

Foster and smith not needed

Bell and Moshni havent really been tested or haven't done much wrong.

I'm a big ally fan but i wouldnt trust him with any serious money.

McCoist as a manager just doesn't do it for me, to date he might have got us to where we should be but the standard of performance is way way short of the standard we should be at, so sorry Ally not for me.

the RST should be posting extracts from their "investigation"

king should be buying the club and investing or giving us money.

Don't think he will give the money to the present shareholders to take control and who is US ?

To be far I was merely demonstrating how easy it is to take the same information and spin it in the opposite direction.

In the same way that FF is normally buzzing round leaked documents but now they have one seemingly showing mccoist trying to hide his salary from the fanbase and it's not posted.

I come the old fashioned world. You want a say, you buy the thing then do as you please. You don't shove in your cash you have no say.

When I say cash I aint talking about 300k either.

The thought of giving Ally £1m never mind £10m to spend in the market place makes me more worried about administration than all the other talk that has been around recently.

As for the view that we could go and get ourselves £4m of debt from banks etc, it aint gonna happen. Any loans will be high interest investors who will only then be accused of milking us......and perhaps rightly so.

Somebody said, we should have been saving money for when we get back into the Big League and they were right about that. Our wage bill should have been drastically cut and we should have worked with the youth players and a few older guys rather than bringing in a load of shite on stupid wages. Just imagine where we would be right now if the £11m per season we are spending on all footballing staff was slashed immediately to £5m/£6m which would still be more than 3 SPL clubs put together. (tu)

Your right about the credit facility the only way the bank is going to do it is with security ie The stadium

McCoist will not be trusted to spend a penny more on transfer fee don't think he will be here long enough to worry about it.