Tomorrow's Herald

TheBluebells

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless a huge amount of money becomes available, ie £20m, or Celtic suffer some catastrophe, anyone who thinks we are going to win or challenge for the SPFL on our first attempt is living in fantasy land. It is going to take 3 seasons once we are back IMHO, before we are being fair to expect this. I do expect us to finish 2nd immediately though.

We have 1, maybe 2 players good enough to be first XI players in a SPFL winning side. We have another handful good enough to be squad players. We need to add around 7-8 high quality players, and another 5-6 players in the Templeton/Shiels/Law quality bracket. Simply not going to happen in 18mth.

Boardroom issues (mainly) and management mistakes (less so), see us behind where we should be in our SPFL preparations.

this 100%

A lot of people are missing the point here. Dave King is desperate to invest in the club, but many of the big shareholders do not want him to. That is because they know that the only way they can make money on their investment is if there is a takeover attempt by somebody like DK and the share price is pushed up.

As I have said before, there is a game of brinkmanship going on here. The big shareholders are trying to put pressure on DK to mount a takeover bid. DK is holding out until the cash reserves are so low that the Board is forced to approach him for funds.

A lot of people are missing the point here. Dave King is desperate to invest in the club, but many of the big shareholders do not want him to. That is because they know that the only way they can make money on their investment is if there is a takeover attempt by somebody like DK and the share price is pushed up.

As I have said before, there is a game of brinkmanship going on here. The big shareholders are trying to put pressure on DK to mount a takeover bid. DK is holding out until the cash reserves are so low that the Board is forced to approach him for funds.

still peddling made up shit as fact Gru boy

or DK wants the share price to remain low until the start of next season then he gets the club very cheaply. This isn't something the current investors would want as they will have no return or even lost on their initial investment.

Then do something about it Dave.

I completely agree with the cuts but I don't think people realise just how inhibitive they will be when we are trying to compete with Celtic. IMO there will be far larger gulf in finances than there was during our 9IAR era.

Wonder what the fans attitude will be then.

Then do something about it Dave.

I completely agree with the cuts but I don't think people realise just how inhibitive they will be when we are trying to compete with Celtic. IMO there will be far larger gulf in finances than there was during our 9IAR era.

Wonder what the fans attitude will be then.

He has offered to invest. At the moment the Board don't want his money. What else do you want him to do?

Further non-sourceable unsavoury emails are said to have surfaced, add in the sniping of King and Wilson it looks like a further attempt to destabilise the club and a driven attempt at that.

There was a lot of talk on Rangers chat last night about the email with lots of listeners reckoning it wasn't genuine. I don't think it destabilising the club but it certainly puts Ally in a bad light, if true. BB you should give them a call one night I'm sure they would like your input.

With cuts, and just taking investment we would be back to square one in 12-18 of needing even more investment. What would the point be in doing this, is it so the every time we are low on money Paul Murray and his loyal crew and come out the woodwork and stir the crap again

He has offered to invest. At the moment the Board don't want his money. What else do you want him to do?

Why take money when we are operating at a loss, it would be stupid to do that. Why should king be first choice when he has no right to anything rangers at the minute, graham Wallace has stated that he will do his 120 review take it to Current investors to see how they feel about it and to see if they will invest then he will go to potential investors like king and anyone else, Dave king is second best at the moment as he is a potential investor not current

Ah the RST...quick enough to comment on stories against the board but reluctant to commment on internal feuds and resignations.

Fuck off RST and fuck off King.

Just like Murray you sit and snipe from the sidelines without putting a penny in to give your voice some sort of credence.

Sick to death of all these cunts.

Put up or shut the fuck up.

The thought of giving Ally £1m never mind £10m to spend in the market place makes me more worried about administration than all the other talk that has been around recently.

As for the view that we could go and get ourselves £4m of debt from banks etc, it aint gonna happen. Any loans will be high interest investors who will only then be accused of milking us......and perhaps rightly so.

Somebody said, we should have been saving money for when we get back into the Big League and they were right about that. Our wage bill should have been drastically cut and we should have worked with the youth players and a few older guys rather than bringing in a load of shite on stupid wages. Just imagine where we would be right now if the £11m per season we are spending on all footballing staff was slashed immediately to £5m/£6m which would still be more than 3 SPL clubs put together. (tu)

That's all great but we have 10 x more fans coming through th gates that other spl clubs, so proportionally fans want a larger investment

He confirmed at one of the fans meetings that he had voluntarily agreed to remove his £200k bonus for the next 3 years. (tu)

And he paid back last years bonus (tu)

Yes, that has been established, but what evidence do you have that Brian Stockbridge is not eligible to receive a bonus payment?

Yes, that has been established, but what evidence do you have that Brian Stockbridge is not eligible to receive a bonus payment?

I would have thought a very public and well documented statement from a Board Director confirming it, would be evidence enough but if you are asking if i have saw it in writing then no. (tu)