Squad is working hard - Official site

TheLawMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant over train players either as this also causes injuries and fatigue in games, every aspect of our play seems to be under the microscope now and its getting tiring reading the same posters attacking every single thing.

Not going for that, I know from in here the squad do nothing, these guys are paid professionals they should be kept chained in cages and unleashed on a saturday, it's the only way, anything less than a 16 hour working day is crap.

Working hard does not mean necessarily working smart.

There is no point in being physically fit if you cannot pass the ball, head the ball or tackle. I

Agreed the whole article talks only of physical training not one word of them working with the ball. Instead of justifying the training methods this has simply confirmed what a lot of people were thinking we train to outlast the opposition with superior strength and stamina rather than outplay it with superior skill which is typical of Scottish football.

Our training is scheduled but sports scientists. How many of those criticising our 'lack of hours' are qualified sports scientists?

Don't have to be one of them to realise we cant take a corner or a free kick. Fitness was an issue last season but not this season. We should be doing more tactical training.

Don't have to be one of them to realise we cant take a corner or a free kick. Fitness was an issue last season but not this season. We should be doing more tactical training.

Guys like Ronaldo spend extra hours AFTER THE STANDARD FITNESS TRAINING working on skills - free kicks, corners, one-twos etc.

He still wants to improve.

How many of our players are so driven?

A fair old chunk of our goals this season have come from set pieces. That's why Jig and Mohsni have scored so many goals from Centre back.

Guys like Ronaldo spend extra hours AFTER THE STANDARD FITNESS TRAINING working on skills - free kicks, corners, one-twos etc.

(tu).

All the best set piece takers got there by staying behind after training, grabbing a reserve keeper that want the extra practice and swinging dead balls in over and over.

This is it in a nutshell. Our squad should all be encouraged to stay behind to do extra training. You don't get better by doing the bare minimum. I'm sure we (the club) could facilitate this no probs.

This is it in a nutshell. Our squad should all be encouraged to stay behind to do extra training. You don't get better by doing the bare minimum. I'm sure we (the club) could facilitate this no probs.

I was thinking "made to" rather "encouraged to" (tu)

So many negative's in here it beggars belief, get a grip ffs, how many have played the game at any decent level to write such shite, Ive been at Murray park often and watched the squad working in the gym for an hour, then onto bikes for 30 mins followed by ball work then loosen off with some running, folk in here would have you believe they do fuck all.

Taking a Merc through the gates of Auchenhowie as close to 1pm as possible is as driven as our players get.

Even if they are training 'as much as other teams' it doesn't mean the content or intensity is the same and clearly something is wrong! I posted a few months back about a coach for EK lowland team being less than impressed with the training when invited in for a week at Murray park.....I imagine what is happening is pretty much the same as before when we had top international players but now it's more important than ever to get the best out if what we have and develop and improve the players and it seems to me we are failing there!

Could you give us some stats to prove this and include the number of corners that haven't got past the first man etc?

Obviously not but I personally witnessed us scoring against Forfar three days ago from a corner. I've also seen us score from set pieces lots of times this season, including Jig claiming a hat trick of headers against East Fife at Ibrox earlier in the season.