For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers!

CoatbridgeBear

I know it's a great song but i hate it when we're referred to as GLASGOW Rangers.

We are Rangers or The Rangers in my eyes.

I would hazard a guess that most supporters would disagree with you there, and we would have to stop singing a lot of our songs,or at the least change some of them.

"There's not a team like the Govan Rangers" Mmm! Naw! :7325:

I would hazard a guess that most supporters would disagree with you there, and we would have to stop singing a lot of our songs,or at the least change some of them.

He didn't want Govan put into the name either.

It'd be "Theres not a team like The Rangers".

Start a poll then,im a computer dumpling or id do it myself.lol

Govan was not part of Glasgow when Rangers were formed. Never bothered me singing Glasgow Rangers in various songs but would never use Glasgow when talking about Rangers. It still irks some of us that Govan was annexed by Glasgow just over 100 years ago.

Govan was not part of Glasgow when Rangers were formed. Never bothered me singing Glasgow Rangers in various songs but would never use Glasgow when talking about Rangers. It still irks some of us that Govan was annexed by Glasgow just over 100 years ago.

Rangers played at Glasgow Green and Kinning Park before Ibrox though

You are right that Govan was not part of Glasgow at that time, just like many outlying areas that now come under the jurisdiction of Glasgow, and yes, it's only mostly used when we sing about "The Famous Glasgow Rangers", I suppose it's traditional now, and you have to admit, when sung by our whole support, it shakes the foundations of all the stadiums we visit, and makes Ibrox a fearsome place to visit also. I suppose, what I mean is that to take the Glasgow out of Rangers' songs, would be the equivalent of taking the "Billy" out of the Billy Boys song, and that would change it dramatically.

"Hullo..... Hullo.... We Are The Boooys', (hands on hips now)" See what i mean ? LOL, definately not the same, you'll agree ?

But to take the Glasgow out of ........ Glasgow "Prestwick Airport"....... now that would be right, I'd wager. But then again, when I think about it , I would not be averse to seeing all major and provincial airports with the Glasgow prefix, just to wind them all up,and let them know that we have not forgotten about them, and that a resounding Rangers' song,coupled with a damn good thrashing, will be in your area very, very soon. OH! Yes, ah cannae wait! :7325:

For me, it's Glasgow Rangers. I love how foreigners associate us with Glasgow.

I used to have the tv clip of when the wee Italian fascist, latterly manager of Sunderland FC, joined the unwashed.

The interview was along the lines of 'why did you sign'

Glasgowa area famousa cluba, theya playa ina the Championsa Leaguea everya yeara, verya famousa ina Italia'

At this time I dont think they had ever appeared in CL, PDC obviously thought he was signing for us. Imagine his disappointment?

Probably explains his descent into mentalism now I come to think about it.

'This our city' despite the best efforts of GCC.

What a roaster he was as well Quinty, mad as a brush then, and in the words of Tony Montana, "Fucken Look Ah! You Now"

HIs initials, somehow, strangley, remind me of a sexually transmitted disease, but then again PDC (pure, dirty, cunt) could define them all. :7325:

He was in the right place then. Theres more sandyford clinics in tyneside than McDs. The skanks down there think a hole in the wall is where their latest conquest is plugging them when they are in a shop doorway after pubs shut.And you know what?I fookin loov that place!