Situation Abnormal

D'Artagnan

nice one watp-forever allways look up bills blogs this gentleman pzj is on the ball

an accountant i believe anyway how pzj got teeth into this a bheast friend of his [shareholder]

gave pzj reports from their agm 2years ago and told him to read and weep [who,s crying now]

this guy will never give up good ulster/scots

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"an apparent failure or reluctance by GCC to provide information relating to abnormal conditions on some of the sites surveyed."

Perhaps a new angle is required here. They see these requests as attacks by Rangers fans, what if hey were re-structured as requests on health and safety grounds? In other words did the abnormal conditions pose a heath problem, and what actions have been taken if any to negate this problem for the future? You see it's easy to stonewall requests from football fans, it may not be so easy if there was and still is a health risk to the citizens of Glasgow.

Hence the reference to Erin Brockovich....

The whole thing stinks worse than neil lennon after a night of boozing and threatening pregnant women. It needs looked at by a lawer who is not interested in football allegiances but who wants to uncover a major scandal encompassing the worlds of football, politics and banking possibly the 3 most disreputable and loathed of professions these days. Someone to bring this well into the open without the usual suspects being able to go crying bigot or anti this than and the next at them.

Dart, PZJ is obviously a clever guy but I can't get my head round why they're saying they will provide the information but not the actual document. It reads as if GCC are saying they can't get the original but I can't work out why he can't get a copy. I will need to read up more on the COS decision.

Dart, PZJ is obviously a clever guy but I can't get my head round why they're saying they will provide the information but not the actual document. It reads as if GCC are saying they can't get the original but I can't work out why he can't get a copy. I will need to read up more on the COS decision.

Peter - They are quoting a previous court ruling which allowed another council to provide only an extract.

Peter - They are quoting a previous court ruling which allowed another council to provide only an extract.

I will read up on that case but I thought it's normally the Information Commissioner who makes the final decisions regarding FOI and not the courts and certainly not the COS but we live and learn.

I will read up on that case but I thought it's normally the Information Commissioner who makes the final decisions regarding FOI and not the courts and certainly not the COS but we live and learn.

It is Peter - but PZJ has not yet progressed it that far - they are quoting a legal precedent from a previous hearing to avoid disclosure.

It is Peter - but PZJ has not yet progressed it that far - they are quoting a legal precedent from a previous hearing to avoid disclosure.

Cheers D. You would think GCC wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the Commissioner again after losing the two laptops last year and being fined £150k.

I had some serious successes relating to freedom of information appeals around questionable tendering and the statutory repairs scandal at city of Edinburgh council so if any advice around FOI is required let me know.

A lot of my job involves a knowledge of data protection, FOI and putting pressure on dubious practices in local authorities so PM me if there's anything I can help with to get this info out of the labour cartel at GCC.

I had some serious successes relating to freedom of information appeals around questionable tendering and the statutory repairs scandal at city of Edinburgh council so if any advice around FOI is required let me know.

A lot of my job involves a knowledge of data protection, FOI and putting pressure on dubious practices in local authorities so PM me if there's anything I can help with to get this info out of the labour cartel at GCC.

Get on it, you know the details ;)

Get on it, you know the details ;)

It's better if the original request under FOI is then appealed by the same person thus escalating it within a local authority. My understanding is that if the information is not forthcoming on a second request a complaint or request to review a decision can be made to the information commissioner's office.

In order to make a successful FOI request for information that a public body likely doesn't want to disclose it's advisable to explain and source the legal arguments that cover the specific information you want, thus preventing the local authority from refusing each time on an invalid technicality (the usual quoted reason is that it breaches commercial confidentiality, one of the issues that I came up against with the statutory repairs scandal).

Sorry, that's a long way of saying happy to do so but only once others have failed!

If the ICO makes a decision it can be over-ruled by the the information tribunal, I think the first-tier tribunal is the final right of appeal for FOI matters. Legal eagles, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong?

Can I ask if we can set up a working group to get to the truth of the GCC ceptic deal. I can offer my time on this project.

Brian Bowman

Me also. Very worthwhile getting a few folk together for an action plan and then if we still get stock responses and an attempted cover up, possible fundraising for legal counsel to take it forward.

Me also. Very worthwhile getting a few folk together for an action plan and then if we still get stock responses and an attempted cover up, possible fundraising for legal counsel to take it forward.

This may be unusal on here to agree on something but I am with you can we get this moving asap ?

Brian Bowman

Text below sent as an FOI request to the Scottish Government relating to the decision to sell land at Lennoxtown at a significantly reduced price.

It is my belief that, if the Scottish Government had an explicit or implicit agreement with Celtic PLC that the land would be used for a training facility which would benefit the community, it becomes a public works contract and because of its value legally requires a tender process in order to comply with Articles relating to competition in EU law.

To whom it may concern,

Under the terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 I would like to request the following information:

- Copies of valuations that the Scottish Government carried out or commissioned externally into the value of the land, previously an asset wholly owned by the Scottish Government, of the site of the former Lennox Castle Hospital, Lennoxtown, Stirlingshire (now Celtic Training Facility, Celtic Way, Lennoxtown, G66 7LP) before the sale of this land to Celtic PLC on 29th June 2006.

- Copies of minutes of meetings, emails, correspondence and reports relating to the decision to sell this land to Celtic PLC.

- Copies of minutes of meetings, emails, correspondence and reports relating to how the valuation of £493,000 (exc. VAT) was reached as an accurate reflection of the value of the land of the site of the former Lennox Castle Hospital.

- Copies of minutes of meetings, emails, other correspondence and reports relating to why the land was not publicly listed for sale in order for the Scottish Government to achieve a fair market price for the land of the site of the former Lennox Castle Hospital.

- Copies of minutes of meetings, emails, other correspondence and reports relating to whether, if the land was sold in the interest of Celtic PLC providing community benefits, the sale could be classed as a public works contract in line with the ECJ’s ruling (C-451/08 Helmut Müller GmbH v Bundesanstalt für Immobilienaufgaben)

- Copies of minutes of meetings, emails other correspondence and reports as to whether the Scottish Government sought any guarantees for Celtic PLC about their planned use of the land of the site of the former Lennox Castle Hospital.

- Copies of any information or guidance sought as to whether the sale of the land of the former Lennox Castle Hospital below market rate and Celtic PLC’s implicit purpose to provide community benefit would be deemed as a public works contract and therefore meet the legal requirement for advertisement to tender.

I would like to request this information to be provided electronically to XXXXXXXX

Regards,

XXXXXXX-

This may be unusal on here to agree on something but I am with you can we get this moving asap ?

Brian Bowman

Brian

Considerable work has already been undertaken by a chap I will refer to as PZJ - I dont know if you are aware of the power of work he has put in, but some of his work can be seen here

http://footballtaxha...d-it-as-favour/

I will take you up on you and Blue's kind offers of help and run things by you by PM on here.

Many thanks

Brian Bowman

Two low posters though - if anyone with a higher post count was involved it would give the whole thing more substance and less suspicion.

See above - I've done (some of) my bit.

Can I ask if we can set up a working group to get to the truth of the GCC ceptic deal. I can offer my time on this project.

Brian Bowman

Might disagree with you Brian on other issues , but knowing how determined a character you are , this is a good thing !

Still not going to agree with you on other issues tho ! ! !

Two low posters though - if anyone with a higher post count was involved it would give the whole thing more substance and less suspicion.

See above - I've done (some of) my bit.

I know Brian - Ive chatted with him on Rangers chat. As for you Blue - your expertise will be tested very shortly !!! ;-)