***** The Official Post Match Thread Arbroath (H) *****

Columbo

Positives from today another three points which were very valuable considering Dunfermline's loss.

Templeton looked lively when he came on and Wallace was his normal class. Good to see Daly get back on the scoresheet as well but overall he had a poor game.

I don't see what Black contributes he was abysmal today, I thought MacLeod bottled it with a lot of 50/50's today as well. Shiels was anonymous.

Six wins in a row and results wise we're doing fine and today was more exciting than normal (probs cos we came from behind) but we are not playing at all well enough and things will need to improve drastically if we wish to make an impact in the Scottish Cup (tu)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team rallied to win. That was the good part of today.

The remainder was not so good.

We lost 2 goals and very nearly a third to a poor part time team.

We gave them another 3 free headers at goal.

Our passing is poor generally with a nice couple thrown in now and again.

We let part timers out play us in a physical sense far too often.

Aird and McLeod seemed to lose too many 50-50 balls.

Aird was poor and made some real bad decisions at times today and McLeod and Shiels were anonymous.

Daly is still off form.

Templeton was good at times and a greedy we bassa at others.

Faure is not a RB; Jig is not a CH.

Ally will not win the Championship with this team playing at this level.

Absolutely dire and it would have been impossible for a neutral to work out which team was the full-time outfit, costing £7M per year.

Defenders being caught out of position, Ian Black sitting in a defensive midfield role WHILST we were attacking and passes going astray all over the park. Add that to poor performances from Jig, Faure, Mohsni and Aird - this team is nowhere near the standard of the Premiership and Jig/Ally need to take a reality check on those comments.

What scared me is that the players only seemed to be motivated as soon as they go a goal down. After half time there was a positive reaction from the players, but that quickly dissipated until we needed to score.

Not very professional, but hopefully it's sorted sooner rather than later. If not I'd say dropping some of the first team regulars for hungry youngsters whom are wanting to prove something would be a good way forward.

Not a very good performance, the team looked a bit flat today.

I have to give some credit to a very good defensive performance today from Arbroath they never gave us any space in the middle of the park.

Still it's another 3 points as we march on back to the top.

If only we were playing on a Grass pitch like that performance against Airdrie when we won 6-0... and it was a bit windy today?!? ... Also Wallace asking the team to reduce wages... It was Arbroaths cup final... There isn't any difference between spl and league 1.

All the usual excuses to back up a terrible footballing 'performance' once again from a terrible football 'manager'

I highlighted 'performance' and 'manager' because I know we won again and we have a great record etc but the football is pish. and I know Mccoist is a great man but he's a pish manager.

Positives from today another three points which were very valuable considering Dunfermline's loss.

Templeton looked lively when he came on and Wallace was his normal class. Good to see Daly get back on the scoresheet as well but overall he had a poor game.

I don't see what Black contributes he was abysmal today, I thought MacLeod bottled it with a lot of 50/50's today as well. Shiels was anonymous.

Six wins in a row and results wise we're doing fine and today was more exciting than normal (probs cos we came from behind) but we are not playing at all well enough and things will need to improve drastically if we wish to make an impact in the Scottish Cup (tu)

I don't blame young players like MacLeod 'bottling it'. The referees this season just don't give our ball players any protection. Teams like Dunfermline, Airdrie and Forfar the other night know they can get away with kicking us up and down the park, so they do.

Monday's ref, Stephen Finnie, has reffed us 3 times this season and he's been diabolical every time.

Took us till the 70th minute to start playing football.

McCulloch was terrible at the back, Black and Mcleod were non exsistent in midfield and aprart from his goal Daly offered nothing.

Tempelton should deffo start the next game, result wise it's good to get 3 points but with the cup game against Dunfermline looming we need to start games better.

I was sat right behind our goal second half, when the ball went down their end, their number 8 sweeped Jig's legs away, then ran off as if nothing happened.

This was about 30 seconds before we equalised - so fuck them

The only plus for me was when their lot went silent

We seemed to be afraid of taking chances, and conceded possession far too much

Poor game overall

Yes we were shite today, yet again, we should be burying these lesser teams. Some fans think, because we win, then that's ok, but it isn't.

The same players week after week, playing the same shite week after week, this has to change.

Where we are in the league, we have a big enough squad to rotate the team and therefore make players fight for their place, but we don't and it must be asked, why not ?.

This league is almost wrapped up and our whole philosophy has to change by the time we get to the Championship next season, or we may be in it for more than one season.

We won that's a good point, temps showing his first season form. Apart from that usual dire stuff.

Really worried about the long term direction Ally is taking this team. Poor football, tactics, motivation and signings. Pretty damming.

Will be found out big style in the top league maybe even championship when he has to work to a budget and really get the best out players he signs

Embarrassment. No other word to describe that pish. A waste of a Saturday afternoon. I could have spent the day with my wee boy, instead i spent 2 hours freezing my baws off watching amateurish pish!

McCoist needs to go as do 90% of his team.

It seems to be becoming a case of that little bit of extra quality that we have over these clubs eventually sees us through in the end but when the game is more "even" in the early stages we seem to be get outplayed by poorer teams and our manager gets out thought tactically by other managers.

I maintain that McCoist is fine for the level we are at, but with the current squad I think he's going to struggle when we play better teams with managers who are more astute than he is.

As a team we seem to lack an overall structure and style of play. For large parts of the game we were all over the place with the midfield not helping the defence or the forwards coming deep to create space. I lost count of the back or side ways passes that lead no where.

We need to be more direct, aggressive and attack teams.

Just back, that was the most entertained I've been at Ibrox for ages - perhaps we should let the opposition team take the lead more often.

Did well to rally and win, Templeton changed the game so the manager deserves credit for the change.

Other than that, fairly uninspiring stuff from a group of players going through the motions.

It seems to be becoming a case of that little bit of extra quality that we have over these clubs eventually sees us through in the end but when the game is more "even" in the early stages we seem to be get outplayed by poorer teams and our manager gets out thought tactically by other managers.

I maintain that McCoist is fine for the level we are at, but with the current squad I think he's going to struggle when we play better teams with managers who are more astute than he is.

you maybe right . It looks that way I'm right behind ally and this team and I'm sure when its time he will be shown the door.

Couple of points:- when Arbroath went 2-1 up it was THEIR manager who was on the touchline bawling out instructions whilst ours was conspicuous by his lack of motivation. Then I was unfortunate to hear the post match conference where the manager felt his team had played well to day and it was another great day with another 3 points. can anyone point out the one true statement in the last sentence. #takingthepish. Surely to God this can't continue...