Police Scotland Question

Malvern

When I tried to post this as my concern I got a server error, anyone else have an issue?

What I put forward was;

"This is in reference to the parade in Glasgow tomorrow concerning the march of football fans tomorrow on the 26th.

I am wondering as the Red Hand of Ulster was confiscated at Ibrox today if the Tricolor will be confiscated tomorrow as deemed to be potentially offensive to some inhabitants of Glasgow or if this will now pass to allow this rally to happen? Surely it can be confiscated as it is deemed potentially offensive to be under the offensive behavour act also, like some songs at football matches are.

The Red hand of ulster was a flag of the union until 1972, if I believe correctly, and is an associated flag of the provinces of Northern Ireland yet the Tricolor is only recoignised as a flag of a state outwith the UK.

I also highly object to not being able to declare myself as "White - British" and not "white - Other British" on your online form as I have every right to class myself as a proud British person and a Scot.

I look forward to your reply to my concerns to this display and I hope it is not the same as other privious incidents in Amsterdam, Dundee or Dingwall which are all in the public domain.

With Rgds,"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this not just 'whataboutery?'

How about asking them not to confiscate any flags in the first place instead of pointing fingers at the other side...?

Aye they have not been doing it to us for years, lets do the silent dignity again. worked before.

When I tried to post this as my concern I got a server error, anyone else have an issue?

What I put forward was;

"This is in reference to the parade in Glasgow tomorrow concerning the march of football fans tomorrow on the 26th.

I am wondering as the Red Hand of Ulster was confiscated at Ibrox today if the Tricolor will be confiscated tomorrow as deemed to be potentially offensive to some inhabitants of Glasgow or if this will now pass to allow this rally to happen? Surely it can be confiscated as it is deemed potentially offensive to be under the offensive behavour act also, like some songs at football matches are.

The Red hand of ulster was a flag of the union until 1972, if I believe correctly, and is an associated flag of the provinces of Northern Ireland yet the Tricolor is only recoignised as a flag of a state outwith the UK.

I also highly object to not being able to declare myself as "White - British" and not "white - Other British" on your online form as I have every right to class myself as a proud British person and a Scot.

I look forward to your reply to my concerns to this display and I hope it is not the same as other privious incidents in Amsterdam, Dundee or Dingwall which are all in the public domain.

With Rgds,"

Is this a forum for Rangers or politics?

Aye they have not been doing it to us for years, lets do the silent dignity again. worked before.

It doesn't make it any less childish.

It's this tit-for-tat shite that is eroding your liberties at the football and beyond... but, hey... fill yer boots. (tu)

Go right ahead and play into the hands of the politicians and their black and white attack dogs.

It doesn't make it any less childish.

It's this tit-for-tat shite that is eroding your liberties at the football and beyond... but, hey... fill yer boots. (tu)

Go right ahead and play into the hands of the politicians and their black and white attack dogs.

They are perfectly valid points unless you can point out where they are not.

I am not playing into any politicians hands, I don't particularly like them in all fairness but thanks for trying to read my mind and let me know what I think.

Is this a forum for Rangers or politics?

when a supporter of ours gets stopped at Ibrox with a Red Hand of ulster flag obtained from across the road at a licensed vendor, yeah i would say it is relevant. By what right did the Police stop him?

Of course we could just say sh1t happens i suppose.

They are perfectly valid points unless you can point out where they are not.

I am not playing into any politicians hands, I don't particularly like them in all fairness but thanks for trying to read my mind and let me know what I think.

I am not trying to tell you what you think you are doing... I am telling you what you are doing.

when a supporter of ours gets stopped at Ibrox with a Red Hand of ulster flag obtained from across the road at a licensed vendor, yeah i would say it is relevant.

When I bought my son a bottle of juice from the official snack vendor on the same side of the road and it was binned, should I have written to Police Scotland?

No blackmanredemption, your telling me what you think I should not be doing, which for me is standing up for our own in this issue.

Oh yeah we can all cry in our beer that we were kicked to the third tier of the ars3 end of football, we can complain that we do not have the right board to run our institution, we can complain that Septic might get sporting advantage and everything their own way while we play on plastic pitches.

God forbid we actually try and DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Yeah alright, if your not interested don't fecking entertain it and move along.

When I bought my son a bottle of juice from the official snack vendor on the same side of the road and it was binned, should I have written to Police Scotland?

Are liquids in a certain quantity not allowed in?

I think they are and you will need to check as I can't really be ars3d to be fair. A flag is not unless I am mistaken, Your legal skills can educate me any time you want.

No blackmanredemption, your telling me what you think I should not be doing, which for me is standing up for our own in this issue.

Oh yeah we can all cry in our beer that we were kicked to the third tier of the ars3 end of football, we can complain that we do not have the right board to run our institution, we can complain that Septic might get sporting advantage and everything their own way while we play on plastic pitches.

God forbid we actually try and DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Yeah alright, if your not interested don't fecking entertain it and move along.

I really am not at all.

I am telling you what I think you are doing and you just can't see it in your clumsy desperation to incriminate the 'other side.'

How about my original point about football fans not getting either type of Irish flag confiscated...? What is offensive about national flags?

ffs :lol: it's hardly the same

Why? If the Police state that bottles of juice are not permitted in the stadium and if they also state that the RHOU flags are not permitted, the refusal of either is the same.

My point might be made in jest but it is simply put that if an item is not permitted at Ibrox, then unless the club push to change that, the club don't want it in the stadium either.

I really am not at all.

I am telling you what I think you are doing and you just can't see it in your clumsy desperation to incriminate the 'other side.'

How about my original point about football fans not getting either type of Irish flag confiscated...? What is offensive about national flags?

One is a British flag, one is a European flag.

and nah not desperate, want to know why the ploice would want to take a perfectly legitimate flag from a game but will let in an Eire one? let's not even mention the cell block H one as it is still under "investigation".

Edit: Phrase comes to mind, From small Acorns Oaks grow. We let the green oak's grow too fecking far.

when a supporter of ours gets stopped at Ibrox with a Red Hand of ulster flag obtained from across the road at a licensed vendor, yeah i would say it is relevant. By what right did the Police stop him?

Of course we could just say sh1t happens i suppose.

Quite right,bud. Carry on.

One is a British flag, one is a European flag.

Truth is, no cunt would be bothered even if it was a non-European flag like the Canadian flag or the Honduras flag...

I mean, how many of us have waved Croatian and Dutch and Danish and Spanish and Italian and Bosnian flags over the years?

I was at the game the day and didn't see anything happening. Can you tell me where the flag was confiscated and under what circumstances. I am a proud Ulsterman living in Scotland and nobody defiles my flag. WATP

Turnstyle 63-64 by a police officer NOT a steward.

It was another Ulsterman who witnessed the incident, and he is incensed.

WATP