Police Scotland Question

Malvern

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny be that obvious or the vendors widnae be allowed to sell them. I think yer guessing that this police officer has the law on his side, I will ask the question before I say yer definitely talking shite but I think you are talking shite that the RHoU is banned because 'obviously' I have not heard about that law being introduced onto the statute or Rangers declaring that The RHoU is banned from Ibrox.

The police have been told to confiscate anything that can be deemed as sectarian. What has the RDOU got to do with Rangers? It is not a national flag any more, afterall.

The comparison is not with the object but the decision by law enforcers.

By the way, my wife was refused entry with a Capri Sun - can you skelp a player with a pouch of juice too?

Is the red hand of ulster banned at ibrox? I know bottles and cans are and probably quite rightly so

The police have been told to confiscate anything that can be deemed as sectarian. What has the RDOU got to do with Rangers? It is not a national flag any more, afterall.

So you are saying any Rangers fan that is from NI is not allowed to fly a legal flag at Ibrox? Are you suggesting the Union flag should be banned at ibrox?

So you are saying any Rangers fan that is from NI is not allowed to fly a legal flag at Ibrox? Are you suggesting the Union flag should be banned at ibrox?

Legal? The Northern Ireland flag is NOT the RHOU - unless I have missed something? They display the Union Flag as they are part of Britain.

The Union flag IS legal, as it is a National flag - a nation we are part of.

Legal? The Northern Ireland flag is NOT the RHOU - unless I have missed something? They display the Union Flag as they are part of Britain.

The saltire is not the flag of Scotland then in that case and I don't think that has been labelled sectarian

You are WRONG to suggest the red hand of ulster is not accepted as a legitimate flag. Are you in some way offended by it?

Any flag national or otherwise would/should only be refused entry/confiscated if there is something deemed to be offensive or secterian written on it(this could be open to interpretation ) Was there anything written on the flag??

The saltire is not the flag of Scotland then in that case and I don't think that has been labelled sectarian

I might start to find this flag offensive then (going by the views of others on here). Perhapse this flag should be forced to be put in the bin by Police Scotland?

We are on a very slippery slope here! Flags are a very emotive subject! We should take a moment to pause and think before things are deemed to be wrong!

We are a country of many cultures.

I might start to find this flag offensive then (going by the views of others on here). Perhapse this flag should be forced to be put in the bin by Police Scotland?

We are on a very slippery slope here! Flags are a very emotive subject! We should take a moment to pause and think before things are deemed to be wrong!

We are a country of many cultures.

Aye it's fucking mental now you can't open your mouth and have an opinion without risking yourself in court the country's a riot but maybe that's for the politics forum. Do feel it looks as though its acceptable to be anything but a white British Protestant these days (tu)

You are WRONG to suggest the red hand of ulster is not accepted as a legitimate flag. Are you in some way offended by it?

Not at all offended by it. I had a lovely tee shirt with it on, given to me in 1994, after I met up with Northern Irish fans when I was serving in Cyprus. I kept it and wore it with pride - even though we lost the final.

I am not against it, I just don't see the fixation over it. We are a Scottish club, founded by Scottish men and founded in Scotland.

Sometimes I feel we are glorified across the World as a protestant club, rather than what out founders wanted - the best Scottish club.

Not at all offended by it. I had a lovely tee shirt with it on, given to me in 1994, after I met up with Northern Irish fans when I was serving in Cyprus. I kept it and wore it with pride - even though we lost the final.

I am not against it, I just don't see the fixation over it. We are a Scottish club, founded by Scottish men and founded in Scotland.

Sometimes I feel we are glorified across the World as a protestant club, rather than what out founders wanted - the best Scottish club.

Wake up. We are a multi-cultural club.

This is nothing to do with being a "protestant club".

Thanks for calling me a cunt, I appreciate that from a fellow bear.

I do not care about the flags you mentioned, why should the red hand be cared about? Or for that matter why should a song asking the Irish-Scots to go home if they are not happy, or the Billy Boys?

It is not us that care about these wee things in life so we should just be silent like we have for years? Let the wee pebble roll down the hill and become an avalanche. You may be able to allow a policeman to force a member of our British public to dispose of a perfectly legitimate flag (unless you can prove otherwise) or your arguement is flawed and your appeasing for them.

The rest of your statements are just "Let aapathy be the way" to me, where the hell has that got us?

I did not call you a cunt nor I am not advocating apathy... I am not sure how I can get through to you as I have made three or four attempts already.

I am trying to make the point that all the tittle-tattle amongst fans has cost us freedom of expression. Each side has a giggle when it happens to the other... each side takes delicious glee in grassing up the other side.

So, enjoy that... Just don't complain when you reap what you sow. (tu)

My original point was that fans should defend their rights and fight back against Plod's enforcement of increasingly Draconian laws.

Any flag national or otherwise would/should only be refused entry/confiscated if there is something deemed to be offensive or secterian written on it(this could be open to interpretation ) Was there anything written on the flag??

I was the person who witnessed this heinous act and can tell you the flag looked clean as a whistle, where is the freedom in your world for an non offensive part of my culture.

I don't see this as TFT in this instance. It's basically just asking for a level playing field....and I suppose demanding action be taken on the tricolour in turn does act as a defence as it shows the powers that be that if they want to enforce this they have to follow it through ie. start banning tricolours.................. which will see all sorts of allegations of anti-Irish racism ...

My original point was that fans should defend their rights and fight back against Plod's enforcement of increasingly Draconian laws...

...Not strive to have them enforced further and wider.

BMR. I don't normally respond to what, in my opinion, are nit picking posts, but, I'm reluctantly making an exception here because I'm lost with your posts. Why should a legitimate flag of the United Kingdom be binned at the hands of the police, the people who are supposed to uphold order in this country. Do you really not see what Malvern is saying here? Don't you think taking this stance outside Ibrox could in itself be seen as inflammatory and cause offence. Because if you don't then Scotland really is fcucked. Please don't start nit picking this post or play point scoring, just ignore it if as you declare - you don't give a fluck.

Oh, I give a fuck alright... You misunderstand me. Go and read back all my posts to get the full story.

Here goes again (please pay particular attention to the part in bold).

I am trying to make the point that all the tittle-tattle amongst fans has cost us freedom of expression. Each side has a giggle when it happens to the other... each side takes delicious glee in grassing up the other side.

So, enjoy that... Just don't complain when you reap what you sow. (tu)

My original point was that fans should defend their rights and fight back against Plod's enforcement of these increasingly Draconian laws at the football.

This includes the confiscation (theft) of national flags or football flags of any kind that are non-offensive.

So, fight back against unfair acts and legislation... Don't just sit and point saying: "But, look, they're doing it too!"

Aye it's fucking mental now you can't open your mouth and have an opinion without risking yourself in court the country's a riot but maybe that's for the politics forum. Do feel it looks as though its acceptable to be anything but a white British Protestant these days (tu)

Agree with the above. The level of anti protestant designed sectarian legislation or interpretation of legislation is criminalising people who should not be near the courts. We should be fighting this disparity.