Police Scotland Question

Malvern

I was the person who witnessed this heinous act and can tell you the flag looked clean as a whistle, where is the freedom in your world for an non offensive part of my culture.

Mate your preaching to the converted here! just telling you how it should work in theory. Obviously without actually seeing the flag myself I will take your word it was clean. That being the case then it is grounds for a complaint!! Where you close enough to hear any dialogue??

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all offended by it. I had a lovely tee shirt with it on, given to me in 1994, after I met up with Northern Irish fans when I was serving in Cyprus. I kept it and wore it with pride - even though we lost the final.

I am not against it, I just don't see the fixation over it. We are a Scottish club, founded by Scottish men and founded in Scotland.

Sometimes I feel we are glorified across the World as a protestant club, rather than what out founders wanted - the best Scottish club.

Was Moses McNeil not the son of a county Down woman a Ulster Scot Jean Bain who married John McNeil.

The RHOU is not the national flag of Northern Ireland and has not been since 1972.

However, I do not understand why it would be confiscated or deemed offensive by anyone.

The RHoU has never been the National Flag of NI,that's the Union Flag but it was the NI Govn flag until 1972 when Stormont was suspended.Now Stormont is back in operation then surely the flag is aswell.

It's also worth noting that the headquarters for Facebook,based in Dublin,constantly delete posts and pictures with the RHoU in them.It's standing is only denied by those of a rebel stance who pay homage to the republican rag.You will not find a Protestant Ulsterman who would deny the 'Ulster Flag'as their Flag.

Commonwealth games are coming up,take a look at which flag leads NI out.

Sorry but if a vendor can sell a flag the theres no law against waving it. U could go naked into ibrox without charge until someone complains, then its public indecency.

U can refuse to give the flag up, the police wont let u in, wont arrest u and will tell u its the clubs policy, lodge the complaint with them afterwards as well as the club. Ensure you cc in the EU Human rights email and use the words human - rights- infringement. Sometimes police enforcement is not law but what they deem as crowd control - question it at every opportunity.

sorry i am of an age where i dont go around with a phone strapped to my head.If you knew me you would know my word is my bond.

You've got me wrong my friend as I don't doubt your word for one minute but filming this can then expose individual officers for their incompetence and misuse of the law.

As a support we need to use all available resources and techniques to demonstrate that our fundamental human rights and hard won freedoms are being abused.

Oddly in football grounds in Northern Ireland any flag is acceptable provided it carries some of the teams colours and/or has for example RFC on it.It's then deemed a Club/Supporters flag and is unoffensive.

This does indeed sound odd. In Scotland it would be banned. SteveJ would be supporting the ban.

Is this not just 'whataboutery?'

How about asking them not to confiscate any flags in the first place instead of pointing fingers at 'the other side...?'

Why not just make it illegal for people to point? Pet hate of mine.... especially when the perpetrators are terrorist loving child killers who wish to celebrate their evil philosophy on British soil.

Contacted the club and police about this still waiting on response from the club..

The police said they don't have any rules on flags.. As long as the don't have anything offensive on them.

Told you(well not specifically you) so

I couldn't give a fuck about bringing a national flag to a game, would rather have one with the club crest on (tu)

As for BlackManRedemption's point on here, if I understand correctly he is saying that you can shout and stick up for your rights perfectly well without making this an attack on "them".

Which is a fair enough point