Police Scotland Question

Malvern

And opposed to swearing at fellow fans , I was replying to being called a dummy by you , and look it up before you go around calling fellow fans stupid with no brain cells!

Like you should have read the full thread before jumping in two-footed and making an arse of it...?

I would say that tit-for-tat is exactly what you are now engaging in (at least with me) and are now derailing the purpose of the thread.

So, we should move on if you can't understand why you were wrong to lump me in with SteveJ who was arguing a totally different point.

Thanks. (tu)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Bear taking an inoffensive flag to Ibrox should carry a copy of the letter with them. If the police try to confiscate a flag, present them with a copy of the letter. Perhaps they may reconsider

How about officers listen to the briefings they are given, if they are unsure ,they are to show it to the nearest camera and get guidance.We as law abiding citizens should not have to go to the game worried we might have to run the gauntlet of rogue officers with personal views.

I am disappointed in the response in some quarters to what happened, to have your flag equated to a bottle of coke shows utter contempt and at a time when we needed support a certain section decided to sit on this as it does it suit their agenda.

Shocking attitudes to fellow bears and British values :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster:

For those who doubted the validity of this incident, please see the reply below which was received By Albertz from Police Scotland

Sir,

I have tried to contact you by mobile to discuss your email further. The incident which you reported occurred at the football at the weekend and the officer involved has had corrective advice given to him regarding his actions. It was an error on the officers part and should not have happened. I can only apologise on his behalf and would ask that if you have any details of the male who had his flag removed that you send it to me to allow me to speak to him direct.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me direct on the telephone number provided below.

Regards

Eileen Taylor

Eileen Taylor

Operational Planning Department

Helen Street

Glasgow

Tel - 0141 532 5402

Issi - 6406999

Thank fuck we still have fans like the op who'll stand up for what's right,Albertz's reply from the filfth shows how right he was :ulster:

Disgraceful decision initially however both very good news and surprising to see an apology from the police I'd hope they'd not only offer a formal apology to the 'victim' of their overzealous policing but also seek to reimburse him for any financial loss re the flag.

Not to speak for BMR but isn't he saying that it was a bad decision but that Rangers fans should keep that mindset when those rats face (all too rarely it seems) similar policing be it over flags or chanting or whatever ? The ridiculous legislation at the root of many of these problems only has a chance of surviving as it uses the partisan nature of football fans to keep the sides divided . The way to defeat it however unpleasant it may be is , for the short term and on this one point , is not to point score over this at least. However I totally understand how ridiculous it is when faced by policing , now admitted as wrong , that seizes a flag of the union but allows with impunity flags of foreign nations.

Albertz has followed up to the reply received with the following questions.

I doff my cap to his tenacity.

Sent: 27 January 2014 23:52

To: Eileen Taylor-2

Subject: Re: Complaint

Madam

After careful thought I have decided that more investigation and answers are required on this issue. Personally I find this officer's actions offensive. A political row could ensue over this matter. Apparently the person whose flag was removed will be speaking to MLA's in N.Ireland and rightly so. Mistakes cannot be accidental considering the flag is legal.

This officer has offended residents of a nation by dumping the flag of a member nation of the United Kingdom in a bin, and should be looking at severe reprimand. If it had been an Islamic flag he unceremoniously dumped in a bin, can you even begin to image the outrage there would be. Why should we be less offended?

Technically speaking this officer committed a sectarian / possible racist act and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, by the very same law that Police Scotland, under Government legislation are trying to implement.

Why and what was it about this particular flag that made him think it was illegal?

Has the officer in question ever worked at Parkhead on match day? If so he will have seen many foreign flags on display, would he have binned an Irish tricolour?

I would like to know why this officer thought that the flag should be put into the BIN.

What corrective advice will he be given and why did he take the action he did?

Will the officer in question be made to undergo diversity training?

Did the officer bin the flag through lack of education or is there an underlying reason like faith or republican views?

Has said officer ever been on duty at Parkhead and felt the need to bin a foreign flag as is flown there? Remembering that the Ulster flag is a flag of the United Kingdom.

I would assume Police officers working at Ibrox or anywhere are required to follow the Law and not their own political views.

There is a general feeling that people would like to know why the police officer took the law into his own hands, officers are meant to uphold the law not make their own laws up as they go along.

Does Police Scotland have a list of banned flags (just out of curiosity)?

Will all police officers going to carry out duties at Ibrox be made aware that such actions are offensive to the people that they are there to protect?

Will a report go to the professional standards dept of the Police?

If I'm not satisfied with the way this is being dealt with, what are my options for taking my complaint further?

Police Officers in Scotland need to be reminded they uphold the law, they are not above it.

Regards

M.*****