Daly

charlesblue

What a lazy bastard.

Sponging wages off us for 3 years offering absolutely fuck all to the team bar the odd tap in.

Fair do's he should have a partner, but Christ, I thought Boyd was immobile.

Bench for a couple games please, Little and Shiels up top; let him know he's not guaranteed a place.

Won't happen though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lazy bastard.

Sponging wages off us for 3 years offering absolutely fuck all to the team bar the odd tap in.

Bench for a couple games please, Little and Shiels up top; let him know he's not guaranteed a place.

Won't happen though.

He has hit a dip in form.

Shiels is not the answer, he is rubbish. When Clark is fit, I would start him with Little for a bit but we would need to stop this punt up the park shit as neither is tall enough for it.

What a lazy bastard.

Won't happen though.

He's needed for the long ball game that we play.

When we were rumored to be in for him, I spoke with a friend who is an ST at Tannadice and he was surprised. He said that he can score goals but you need to put the chance in front of him.

If he gives us a good goal/game ratio, then I do not have an issue with him being a little lazy. Boyd and McCoist were the same, but they gave us some vital goals in our history. The trouble for Daly is, Boyd had Miller and Ally had Hately - where is Daly's sidekick?

Agree with OP, always critical of Boyd for lazybastarditis but held off on daly to see how he'd go over the season- his decline has been rapid.

Ps - this is not a "bring boyd back post" - both should be barred from coming within 100metres of the club.

He just does not look interested,and I cannot blame him,we have a right full back that stops overlapping at the half way line,a youngster in front of him that looks afraid,so anything down that side is null and void,we have the excellent Wallace down the other side that likes to play the ball on the deck,a midfield that play the ball from side to side,so the only option is to play the long ball to him,with no one to play off him....isolated is an understatement....

Agree with OP, always critical of Boyd for lazybastarditis but held off on daly to see how he'd go over the season- his decline has been rapid.

Ps - this is not a "bring boyd back post" - both should be barred from coming within 100metres of the club.

Unless they can get there in under 11 seconds :ohmy:

Went through a purple patch where he was scoring regularly, so we know he can score goals at this level.

Is he being more tightly marked, or is the final ball to him not as good ? Or is he just off form, which would be surprising in a team that is still scoring goals ? Its a puzzle.

Obviously we would prefer more mobile forwards, but I am not totally convinced by Little or Clark yet, especially when the going gets tough. Sometimes a bit of brute force is still needed.

Maybe sorting our central midfield to get forward more quickly would create more opportunities for Daly, and more accuracy with deliveries in to the box from crosses, free kicks and corners should also provide him with the chances.

Obviously we would prefer more mobile forwards, but I am not totally convinced by Little or Clark yet, especially when the going gets tough. Sometimes a bit of brute force is still needed.

the going got tough at forfar, darren dods had daly in his back pocket all game

what it takes to beat these caber tossers is quick feet and skill on the ball, templeton has shown that in the last 2 games now yet he will continually be overlooked for a starting slot because of whatever reason ally has over him

He took a wee while to get started scoring for us, but when he did, he was scoring freely. It all seems to have dried up in the last few months and it was about that time that I heard reports that his father died. The word was that it wouldn't affect him, but I'd say the evidence tells us a different story.

Give him some time on the bench, or out of the team completely so he can get his head together.