Daly

charlesblue

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said at the time the only reason we would sign him was to punt the ball up to him or for him to hold the ball up. He's proved me wrong on his goalscoring form, but the rest has been spot on. He's part of the problem why our football is so poor and until he's dropped for a faster, more mobile striker, we'll continue playing the same pish high ball to no-one.

We would play the same high ball pish if Clark was up front on his own. It's the tactics of the management that's the problem.

What a lazy bastard.

Sponging wages off us for 3 years offering absolutely fuck all to the team bar the odd tap in.

Fair do's he should have a partner, but Christ, I thought Boyd was immobile.

Bench for a couple games please, Little and Shiels up top; let him know he's not guaranteed a place.

Won't happen though.

Who else would the ball be lumped up to? He is there to suit Ally's tactics.

Agree with OP, always critical of Boyd for lazybastarditis but held off on daly to see how he'd go over the season- his decline has been rapid.

Ps - this is not a "bring boyd back post" - both should be barred from coming within 100metres of the club.

I'd take Boyd back in a heartbeat.

Which one are you, Ant or Dec?

:shifty:

Gotcha! That took a while! :lol:

I like big Daly, he badly needs a partner up front tho due to his lack of mobility, Jon has the presence but it's taking far too long to get support to him. After Wallace and (maybe) Bell he's probably the most accomplished player on our books atm.

VLV

Said befor Little and Daly is our best front two. Sheils is never a striker but can play behind the front two IF Ally insists in Law playing deep midfield.

I think Law needs to be allowed to play a more attacking role rather than playing deep as he has been lately. It is holding him back and we are not taking advantage of what a good attacking player he is.

would give Jon more support too

I think Law needs to be allowed to play a more attacking role rather than playing deep as he has been lately. It is holding him back and we are not taking advantage of what a good attacking player he is.

would give Jon more support too

Been screaming that about Law since early in the season. Our best football is always when he is an attacking midfield role, when he plays deep we seem to go flat.

Been screaming that about Law since early in the season. Our best football is always when he is an attacking midfield role, when he plays deep we seem to go flat.

have to agree with you there

Would prefer to see Mohsni playing in his role as defender and Law getting up more

have to agree with you there

Would prefer to see Mohsni playing in his role as defender and Law getting up more

Mohsni could still make those runs, as he was doing early on, if he played Black in front of the back 4 with Law and MacLeod ahead of him.but we seem to be stuck in a rut with formations at the minute.

in our current situation? why? we have enough to get up back to the top and it's another wage not required. We should be cutting back, not adding.

If the situation was right, I.e funds in place & we were to shift some of the deadwood. Would be the best striker in our team by far and would be perpect for our return to the top league.

Up front in Ally's team is a thankless job. Long balls humped up the park in Dalys direction wont work

He needs a partner because he lacks pace and a quality first touch being a lone striker is pretty grim for him.

Playing two up top in the leauge should be a must.

Can someone count how many times we actually punt the ball to Daly at tomorrow's game? I've seen every game this season and I would say more often than not we pass the ball. The only player who I would say punts the ball to Daly on a regular occasion is McCulloch.

It is exaggerated on here. You'd think we punted the ball up to Daly at every opportunity listening to some.. Every pass on the floor or cross into the box is ignored and every punt is analysed to death. It's as if some people think the ball leaving the floor is against the rules of football.

It is exaggerated on here. You'd think we punted the ball up to Daly at every opportunity listening to some.. Every pass on the floor or cross into the box is ignored and every punt is analysed to death. It's as if some people think the ball leaving the floor is against the rules of football.

you are dead right there mate

i was thinking the same thing myself

well regardless of what is or isn't happening on the pitch: it's saturday and I can't wait for the game against Brechin to kick off (tu) I still get excited about the football :7325:

you are dead right there mate

i was thinking the same thing myself

well regardless of what is or isn't happening on the pitch: it's saturday and I can't wait for the game against Brechin to kick off (tu) I still get excited about the football :7325:

I think Brechin will give us a good game. They play attacking football and don't sit back like other teams tend to do.

They are well capable of causing us problems. I'd rather play them than some of the other teams who try and kill off the game with 90 mins of defending and career threatening tackles.

I think Brechin will give us a good game. They play attacking football and don't sit back like other teams tend to do.

They are well capable of causing us problems. I'd rather play them than some of the other teams who try and kill off the game with 90 mins of defending and career threatening tackles.

yes I think they well be a tricky opposition for sure

the game at Glebe Park when Rangers had to come from behind to win was probably the best game of the season for me as far as tension and excitment goes. was a goodie.

yes I think they well be a tricky opposition for sure

the game at Glebe Park when Rangers had to come from behind to win was probably the best game of the season for me as far as tension and excitment goes. was a goodie.

Aye, it was edge of the seat stuff. It takes character to come from behind and win. Such matches hold us in good stead for next season against full time teams.