Are our team being coached as opposed to trained?

Adoniram

Normally I would just include this in one of the many posts about McCoist but I think this is too important a point to be lost in other threads.

Michael Stewart was on sportsound yesterday and he states a point he and others in the game have noticed about Rangers.

Their claim is that the team is suitably trained, is fit but isn't coached.

Now think about that for a second....isn't coached. What does that mean though?

Listen to the points he makes and then tell me McCoist is coaching this team. I personally agree with every word he says as it's blatantly obvious to anyone with a modicum of footballing knowledge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

20min 27secs Stewart mentions the "having words" issue.

23mins 30secs he slaughters McCoist on the lack of style and coaching

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh joy - Michael Stewart - that top class footballer and world renowned coach (sic) is suddenly a credible critic of any manager, let alone our manager - how low do the Ally haters have to stoop - pretty low based on this evidence.

How's it allys fault if grown men can't pass the ball?

Because they don't have several options for simple passes

because they are not coached properly and the movement of the team is poor

because there is no system of play and no method of play

We seem to be too happy to lump high balls to a lone striker without adequate support.

Oh joy - Michael Stewart - that top class footballer and world renowned coach (sic) is suddenly a credible critic of any manager, let alone our manager - how low do the Ally haters have to stoop - pretty low based on this evidence.

You don't have to be a 'world renowned coach' to criticise bad coaching. It's like saying you can't go out and have a bad meal and criticise the chef becaue you aren't a professional chef. Anyway, Ally is hardly 'world renowned' for his managerial abilities.

Is that Michael Stewart the world renowned manager? Naw didnae think so.

was he referring to a world renowned manager? Naw didnae think so.

Its the guy that got a trial at The Rangers only to be shown the door.

Shown the door????? I believe he trained at Ibrox as a kid but decided on Man Utd instead and was wanted by numerous other teams

The fact is there is no style of play.

Byt tbf to ally I dont think the players we have are ideal for nice one touch football. Especially with Daly upfront. Sometimes you have to play with what we have and that is only free transfers, you cant expect too much

To use the argument raised to defend Jig's recent comments, Michael Stewart knows more about football than anybody on here!

Because they don't have several options for simple

because they are not coached properly and the movement of the team is poor

because there is no system of play and no method of play

We seem to be too happy to lump high balls to a lone striker without adequate support.

We do play a system we do also have tactics.. That is ally's job.. It is not his job to show big boys how to pass to each other..Football players should know how to do that

Shown the door????? I believe he trained at Ibrox as a kid but decided on Man Utd instead and was wanted by numerous other teams

I think McLeish also gave him a trial, later on.

he was shown the door when he came back he joined hearts.. After we rejected him.

We do play a system we do also have tactics.. That is ally's job.. It is not his job to show big boys how to pass to each other..Football players should know how to do that

So what is our system then? Lump the ball long to a static Daly and do not offer any real support?

According to Ally we play a narrow midfield but our 2 wide players seldom leave the touchline.

McLeod steps inside when he gets the shout from Wallace but that only seems to happen on the left and is probably more down to Wallace and McLeod/

You don't have to be a 'world renowned coach' to criticise bad coaching. It's like saying you can't go out and have a bad meal and criticise the chef becaue you aren't a professional chef. Anyway, Ally is hardly 'world renowned' for his managerial abilities.

Alas, you seem to have forgotten that word.......credibility.

If you are not a professional chef (to use your analogy) then you have no credibility to criticize a chef.

That is totally different to saying that what the trained chef prepared was not to your particular taste. In short...your analogy is wrong.

So what is our system then? Lump the ball long to a static Daly and do not offer any real support?

According to Ally we play a narrow midfield but our 2 wide players seldom leave the touchline.

McLeod steps inside when he gets the shout from Wallace but that only seems to happen on the left and is probably more down to Wallace and McLeod/

4-2-3-1 or4-3-2-1 that is the system you might not like it but that's what it is.