Are our team being coached as opposed to trained?

Adoniram

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, you seem to have forgotten that word.......credibility.

If you are not a professional chef (to use your analogy) then you have no credibility to criticize a chef.

That is totally different to saying that what the trained chef prepared was not to your particular taste. In short...your analogy is wrong.

It's like saying you can't criticise bad driving if you can't drive yourself.

It's like saying you can't criticise a bad painting unless you're an artist.

It's like saying you can't criticise a bad performance from a footballer unless you're a professional footballer. I could go on all day. The idea that you need to be good at something in order to say others aren't good at it is absurd. It certainly doesn't render your opinion invalid, either.

Why?

Because i trust Ally, he's been under one of our best managers, listening to him talk he knows the game inside out and i WANT him to succeed. I'm sure there was a lot of fans with a giant hard on at the fact we were 2-1 down yesterday but there's some of us who still believe in Ally.

If you are not a professional chef (to use your analogy) then you have no credibility to criticize a chef.

That is totally different to saying that what the trained chef prepared was not to your particular taste. In short...your analogy is wrong.

So a Scottish internationalist who was signed and coached by the Greatest and Most Successful British manager in our lifetime does not have any credibility to criticise another managers coaching.

I find that strange to say the least

Does it really matter who's saying it ? Open your eyes . Week on week I watch players whose first touch is woeful , whose passing frequently goes astray , whose crosses can't even clear the first man . As for one touch football !

I recognise we don't have the standard of player we once had , but all too often the basic skills are just not there.

Someone posted a great piece on here about 18 months ago about a coach ( Andres Villas - Boas ? ) who said football skills should be like driving . At first you're tentative but it soon becomes second nature that you do it automatically . He says you footballers should practise , practise , practise until passing a ball is becomes automatic without even thinking on it.

This is a problem that's affected the whole of the scottish games in decades. Not only have countries where we once ranked alongside marched on ahead of us , but countries that were once were minnows , have overtaken us. We've stood still for years now while everyone else has moved forwards.

Anyway rant over.

Edit - wish I could find that piece !

Because i trust Ally, he's been under one of our best managers, listening to him talk he knows the game inside out and i WANT him to succeed. I'm sure there was a lot of fans with a giant hard on at the fact we were 2-1 down yesterday but there's some of us who still believe in Ally.

I want Ally to succeed too but it is painfully evident that he does not have what it takes to be a manager of a any football club, never mind Rangers.

Why would any Rangers fan have a hard on about our team being beat 2-1, strange Logic that maybe only you can explain.

Ally might have been a good assistant and acted as a conduit (buffer) between players and manager, He is not a good manager and he is struggling against vastly inferior teams with vastly inferior players and resources.

How do you think Ally would fare as a manager if he was managing a team with the same resources as his opponents?

He said it was a top coach that said he could tell we were not coached. I think he has got a point, Brian Clough, rated as one of the top managers of all time, was hardly ever on the training field, and other top managers all had good coaching teams.

I think that's were Ally's problem is, he may well turn into a great manager, but not with the coaching team he has, it's time to stop the old pals act, and be ruthless and get new coaches in.

I am not a professional wanker but I know enough about it to recognise that some females that I have encountered in the past have not reached a level of performance whilst indulging me in this pastime that I found acceptable Do you doubt my credibility?

I am not a professional wanker but I know enough about it to recognise that some females that I have encountered in the past have not reached a level of performance whilst indulging me in this pastime that I found acceptable Do you doubt my credibility?

LOL Best comparison yet

It must be dreadful having to pick a team from 56 registered players when your opponents generally have squads of around 20 and who operate at about 2% of your budget

What happens if they don't play like Barcelona... Why would we put a weaker team out. If we have a stronger team available? Just for the fuck of it aye.

Normally I would just include this in one of the many posts about McCoist but I think this is too important a point to be lost in other threads.

Michael Stewart was on sportsound yesterday and he states a point he and others in the game have noticed about Rangers.

Their claim is that the team is suitably trained, is fit but isn't coached.

Now think about that for a second....isn't coached. What does that mean though?

Listen to the points he makes and then tell me McCoist is coaching this team. I personally agree with every word he says as it's blatantly obvious to anyone with a modicum of footballing knowledge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...series/scotfoot

20min 27secs Stewart mentions the "having words" issue.

23mins 30secs he slaughters McCoist on the lack of style and coaching

Spot on.

Michael Stewart is an ex professional footballer.

I would say his opinion on football matters is much more informed than many on here myself included.

So when he says that it's obvious to people within the game at our lack of coaching and a system then you can't simply dismiss it.

So for all those who do dismiss him tell me where he is wrong.

Tell me what our system is and why he is wrong and what McCoist does that makes his argument invalid.

Get the ball forward asap and the ball in the net.. My tactic is winning

That's great Kirk and I have no real problem with route 1 football if it is effective,

But for Route 1 football to be a success you need a CF who can win headers consistently , flick it on or knock it down or at a minimum, just hold it up and retain possession.

John Daly actual wins very few of the long balls knocked up to him,

You also need the 2nd striker and midfielders to support effectively and react to the 2nd ball, Even the wide midfielders need to gamble and anticipate the 2 ball.

we do none of the above.

bringing in who?

who cares the league is done

how about bringing in the guys who we want of, maybe a couple of months in the shop window will see some interest in them

playing guys no matter their form leads to complacency, knowing you dont get dropped no matter what is wrong for a football club

What happens if they don't play like Barcelona... Why would we put a weaker team out. If we have a stronger team available? Just for the fuck of it aye.

In season 09-10 we had various injuries an suspensions and Walter Smith had to make changes to his favoured starting 11 and he went with Novo wide left and Beasley wide right.

we scored 26 goals in 6 games and conceded 4

we beat Falkirk 3-1

St Johnstone 3-0

Dun Utd 3-0

Motherwell 6-1

Hibs 4-1

and Dundee Utd 7-1

That was a team that was stumbled upon by accident.

I don't think you're right if I'm honest.

It's costing fans money to turn up every week and while , probably not being the best of footballers in their time , are savvy enough to know what constitutes good football .

who cares the league is done

how about bringing in the guys who we want of, maybe a couple of months in the shop window will see some interest in them

playing guys no matter their form leads to complacency, knowing you dont get dropped no matter what is wrong for a football club

Who cares? This place would go nuts if we lost a game and ally fielded 11 youth.. People would question what ally was doing.even you know that ffs