Tomer Hemed and Roland Juhász

OlegKuznetsov

In the brief and disastrous Craig Whyte era, we tried to sign Israeli striker, Tomer Hemed, and Hungarian defender, Roland Juhász. This was summer 2011 These two players came to mind recently, so I did a quick Google search on both of them.

Hemed, a big target man, rejected us in favour of Real Mallorca, where he remains, scoring 19 goals in 71 appearances. Real Mallorca were relegated at the end of last season to the Segunda División.

Roland Juhász allegedly wanted to sign for us, but Anderlecht rejected this, Whyte agreed a £3m :rolleyes: fee which met an agreed amount that should have triggered his release. His agent claimed that Anderlecht were trying to ruin his career, which in retrospect is both ironic and farcical. He was then linked with bitter O'Neill's Sunderland, and YellowFang's scum. He remains contracted to Anderlecht, but is currently back home in Hungary, on loan to Videoton.

I don't know if anyone will find this interesting, but having done the "research", I may as well share it for debate/discussion.

In the brief and disastrous Craig Whyte era, we tried to sign Israeli striker, Tomer Hemed, and Hungarian defender, Roland Juhász. This was summer 2011 These two players came to mind recently, so I did a quick Google search on both of them.

Hemed, a big target man, rejected us in favour of Real Mallorca, where he remains, scoring 19 goals in 71 appearances. Real Mallorca were relegated at the end of last season to the Segunda División.

Roland Juhász allegedly wanted to sign for us, but Anderlecht rejected this, Whyte agreed a £3m :rolleyes: fee which met an agreed amount that should have triggered his release. He was then linked with bitter O'Neill's Sunderland, and YellowFang's scum. He remains contracted to Anderlecht, but is currently back home in Hungary, on loan to Videoton.

I don't know if anyone will find this interesting, but having done the "research", I may as well share it for debate/discussion.

Remember being desperate for us to sign Hemed, thought he sounded awesome. All seems a very long time ago now. :(

Must have been some record for the number of players turning us down that summer

Yeah the most I can remember. You wonder if players agents could see through Whyte (or whoever Whyte had doing the negotiating).

But I thought we couldn't judge Ally on his first transfer window because he didn't get his first choices? Of course there is no telling how things would have worked out but I think this just highlights the importance of developing our scouting network and aiming to get in players with potential and residual value!

But I thought we couldn't judge Ally on his first transfer window because he didn't get his first choices? Of course there is no telling how things would have worked out but I think this just highlights the importance of developing our scouting network and aiming to get in players with potential and residual value!

We definitely need to get some decent scouts in. It's like we're impulse buying at Poundland. You need to give it a bit of thought and inspection to get the good buys. £1 for a shitey wee mug or a pair of gloves ain't good value, but the batteries and toiletries aren't bad value at all.

Were all these guys Neil Murray findings?