Fan Ownership - The Pompey Way

eskbankloyal

so we can't do what Dortmund, barca etc. have done !

with that attitude the Tsar would still be ruling Russia, Batista running Cuba,

we can't do what the Germans or Spanish have done.............away an' chase yersels, fuckin' bams

right wing, touch your forelock toadies infecting the 'Gers support

to quote John Brown...."who are Rangers ?....YOU are fucking Rangers !"

Fan ownership for Rangers seems unlikly but its about time we found some way of investing in our club without greedy directors and investers getting it.Lets face it while our clubs in it's darkest hour we need to dig deep into our pockets to help it caus at the moment we're practically getting a free ride while we wait for someone else to invest.As hard as it may seem we need to find some way to unite for the good of the Gers caus no one else will do it

I'm sorry, but am I lying? Did you miss the AGM? Did you miss the backstabbing tactics, the split in our fan base, the arguments, the fights? The lies from the other side. Some of our support are pathetic. There's no getting away from it.

In my short time here , thats the way i feel when i read any of your posts , with your nonsense of Ally brigade anti Ally brigade pro board support the board, in this forum you are guilty of causing divisions in our support , with your rail road attempt to get your opinion across , your the type of supporter thats killing our club...to quote you PATHETIC

Fan owner ship will never be achieved as long as we have supporters thinking they are bigger than the club

In my short time here , thats the way i feel when i read any of your posts , with your nonsense of Ally brigade anti Ally brigade pro board support the board, in this forum you are guilty of causing divisions in our support , with your rail road attempt to get your opinion across , your the type of supporter thats killing our club...to quote you PATHETIC

Fan owner ship will never be achieved as long as we have supporters thinking they are bigger than the club

I know.

We don't need to own the club and it will never happen anyway, what we do need is enough fans holding shares to give us a total combined vote that could make a difference at AGM,s and any EGM,s which may take place,

The answer was very much forthcoming. I think the whole board for our currently situation are paid too much. Or is my opinion wrong?

If people bash Ally's salary for being only a 'league 1 manager', surely the same should apply to the boardroom? ;)

considering Ally salary was almost 4x that of stockbrigde and the board are on less than 800k per year in total.... i would say your opinion that the board are on inflated sllalaries is wrong.

Barca millions in debt. No action against then by the authorities, football or civil, in their country. Can you honestly see Rangers geting cut this slack by Scotland's fuehrer or the SFA? Fan ownership is about as likely as Gerry Adams being appointed to the Rangers board, and as welcome!

We would need a singular fans group with an ex player at the forefront. I am all for it... i just can't see it happening though.

I agree (have a look at the argument in the link) not sure in needs a Famous front man, more well known folk to endorse it rather than lead it.

http://thecrossedrub...ll-yes-and.html

Welcome back rea. I see you are still plugging links. Let me guess - another blog? Perhaps with your extensive knowledge, you could answer another few questions. Should Jig be played up front or as a CB? hould Temps start or is he better used as an impact sub? Should we sell Wallace and, if so, what would be the minimum fee? Should Ally be sacked or given time to develop? Your answers should prove interesting.

Welcome back rea. I see you are still plugging links. Let me guess - another blog? Perhaps with your extensive knowledge, you could answer another few questions. Should Jig be played up front or as a CB? hould Temps start or is he better used as an impact sub? Should we sell Wallace and, if so, what would be the minimum fee? Should Ally be sacked or given time to develop? Your answers should prove interesting.

:005:

Sorry but my only interest is in the Community Ownership and Fan Governance of Football Clubs.

which is why i post in Fanownership threads

Happy to take questions on that seeing as this is a thread about a Club that is Fanowned,

Forget Nash, he's here as a consultant to attempt to ammend our woeful financial situation!

I think most of the board have high salaries for our current situation- most at the club do. Which is probably why we're in the mess we are.

If it doesn't mention the Murrays, why have you?

Having a "woeful financial situation" is not evidence of us currently having a cashflow problem but that doesn't matter when its all about scaremongering.

Now you are claiming that most people at the Club think the Board are on high salaries? Not paying some of those people off, paying a manager way too much and bringing in average grade players on high salaries is why we make a loss at the moment.

I mention the Murrays due to that romantic notion of fans who would work for nothing. Remember they would do it for 2 years then said until we were back in Europe. Sounded good did that.I wonder if McCall had that Christian chap from Liverpool or Wallace lined up for positions which paid a big fat zero each month before he walked away?

So rea is not interested in Rangers. As to being "off topic", if he bothered to read other threads, he would know that this is normal on RM. How many threads have developed into pro/anti Ally threads? The reason I posted on this thread is because he doesn't post on other threads and I did not want to give hiim the glory of having a new thread dedicated to him. My instinct is to use GOAT's usual response but I want this to remain civil.

So rea is not interested in Rangers. As to being "off topic", if he bothered to read other threads, he would know that this is normal on RM. How many threads have developed into pro/anti Ally threads? The reason I posted on this thread is because he doesn't post on other threads and I did not want to give hiim the glory of having a new thread dedicated to him. My instinct is to use GOAT's usual response but I want this to remain civil.

Might well be normal behaviour it is just not my behaviour.

If i wanted to start a new thread on Fanownership I would, but as the Portsmouth situation is very relevant to how you combine the interests of Corporate investors and Fan owners (they combined succesfully in the Pompey deal) I presumed that might be a relevant model when looking at the situation at Rangers, where right now you seem to have opposing interests of the fan at Large and the more faceless Institutional Investors.

Pompey have made this situation work for them to the benefit of the Club.

you can read the some specifics re Portsmouth here:

http://thecrossedrubicon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/what-is-high-net-individaul-hnwi-in.html

rea, here is a suggestion. Why don't you put yourself up for election to the board on a platforn of "Fan Ownership"? OK, you would probably be defeated by the corporate shareholders but you would at least get an idea of how popular your stance was with the shareholding fans. Also, I am intrigued by the question of what's in it for you? Or are you some kind of Andrew Carnegie just doing it for the good of others?

rea, here is a suggestion. Why don't you put yourself up for election to the board on a platforn of "Fan Ownership"? OK, you would probably be defeated by the corporate shareholders but you would at least get an idea of how popular your stance was with the shareholding fans. Also, I am intrigued by the question of what's in it for you? Or are you some kind of Andrew Carnegie just doing it for the good of others?

Nothing in it for me.

I have had my experience of being on the Board of a Football Club, thanks.

I believe in the Model, i believe that the Club over the next number of years that go down this route will push above their weight into the future

It is possible to just believe in something and wish to promote it with getting a kick back or blazer.

but if your opinion of human nature has sunk so low that you see a hidden agenda around ever corner (or Forum post) then you have my sympathy

Don't need your sympathy, thanks. Just wondering why you want to stir the shit at a time when it is stability which is required by the club. As regards my opinion of human nature, it is usually high, bearing in mind the brethren I normally mix with but, as regards Rangers, Craig Whyte, Charles Green & Brian Stockbridge!

Don't need your sympathy, thanks. Just wondering why you want to stir the shit at a time when it is stability which is required by the club. As regards my opinion of human nature, it is usually high, bearing in mind the brethren I normally mix with but, as regards Rangers, Craig Whyte, Charles Green & Brian Stockbridge!

Apologies if you think i am stirring anything.

The Shares are Public quoted Company so unlike most Scots FCs anyone can buy them any time.

I just think that with the size of the Rangers support in mind that the cheapness of the Share price that it would make sense for the Fans themselves to become the source of future investment in the Club rather than waiting for someone else no one has ever heard of or a faceless hedge fund to do it.

this post shows how it could and IMHO should work

http://thecrossedrubicon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-big-welcome-to-new-institutional.html