Throwing abuse at our youngsters.

Some bloke in my section screamed "You're fucking shite!" every single time Fraser Aird got possession against Abroath. He was very loud, very boring and did nothing to help.

Aird was having an off day. He needed encouragement not savaged by his support. The "supporter" in my section wasn't the only guilty party, but he was by far the loudest.

What happened to developing youth and encouraging them? Is it just more entertaining to crush the confidence of an 18 year old lad?

McDowall said "I’ve seen Jon talking to wee Airdy quite a bit and they’ve done a wee bit of work together on crossing and finishing.

“They’re starting to get a wee relationship going and that’s important. At the weekend, Jon was telling him to keep going when one or two people were getting on his back a bit.

“Fraser is young and it’s difficult for him to handle that at times but that’s when you expect to see your older players in the team look after the younger ones.”

http://www.rangers.c...more-than-goals

Maybe some should cut the youngsters some slack. The vast majority of us want youth to flourish, but a minority seem hell bent on slating them.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will always be some morons in the support, unable to control their own behaviour or think about what they're doing. Those types aren't capable of shutting their mouths and using their brains for a minute to realise that what they are doing is not good for those young players or the team. In general Rangers fans have always been pretty impatient but some take it too far.

Aird is shite though, not developed at all sadly

Aird is coming along, like the fact he was always making himself available for a pass, Mohsni was pinging some lovely cross field passes to him in Acres of space, he wasn't making enough of them but that will come.

Some bloke in my section screamed "You're fucking shite!" every single time Fraser Aird got possession against Abroath. He was very loud, very boring and did nothing to help.

Aird was having an off day. He needed encouragement not savaged by his support. The "supporter" in my section wasn't the only guilty party, but he was by far the loudest.

What happened to developing youth and encouraging them? Is it just more entertaining to crush the confidence of an 18 year old lad?

McDowall said "I’ve seen Jon talking to wee Airdy quite a bit and they’ve done a wee bit of work together on crossing and finishing.

“They’re starting to get a wee relationship going and that’s important. At the weekend, Jon was telling him to keep going when one or two people were getting on his back a bit.

“Fraser is young and it’s difficult for him to handle that at times but that’s when you expect to see your older players in the team look after the younger ones.”

http://www.rangers.c...more-than-goals

Maybe some should cut the youngsters some slack. The vast majority of us want youth to flourish, but a minority seem hell bent on slating them.

Where were you sitting?

Aird played fine in the first half, other players can make you look bad if they are off form.

He was probably moaning about youth not getting its chance, it was clear last year that the boys were getting slaughtered from the stands on occasions, and on here as well.

Screaming abuse at any player, yet alone a youngster does not help the team one bit.

However, there's 10% in the stands think this is the way to support your team.

The definition of a supporter is-a champion, a backer, admirer or friend, that behaviour seems at odds with these definitions.

Well there is one other type of supporter, a jockstrap so maybe he is a supporter after all, and not just a crab bit twat.