Throwing abuse at our youngsters.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been the same, I remember being 11 during 10iar season and people saying Barry wouldnt ever make it as he couldnt break into the team then with an ageing team.....same guys shouted abuse at Hutton,Burke, Adam, Loy, Smith etc when the broke in and made the smallest mistake... bizarre attitude from a section of our fanbase, they want promising youngsters coming through but dont give any a chance.

Nobody had the balls to tell him to "SHUT THE FUCK UP" I take it? I would've, but there again, I'm old, & have a (physical) disability, so tend to get away with a lot more. :thumbup:

yes, three middle aged woman in my area did to a guy who groaned and slated Aird and boo'd when Templeton came on....they did call Daly the f word which was bang out and everyone started having a go at this 'fan' who leaves after 75mins every week

It's understandable having sighs of exasperation when crosses are wayward or corners don't beat the first man , they're difficult to control , but it's unacceptable for fans to be upstanding , pointing fingers and shouting abuse. To any of our players.

Confidence plays a big part in football but when someone's having a stinker , he's hardly going to improve with the fans on his back.

Which was why i wanted us to embrace the opportunity of playing more youngsters when we were demoted.

Very quickly these dinosaurs in our support would realise that all their shouting won't help. They would either have been shouted down by other fans or pissed off. If it was the latter then good riddance.

The fans have to change their views as well and i know if i was sitting close to that tit i would have told him to shut the fuck up or go and support some other team.

It happens at most grounds in Scotland, if Aird can't play decent football when someone is telling him he is shite then he has a real problem. Surely he's experienced stick at some of the wee pitches he'll have played on in the last couple of years in the youth teams.

I hate when our own fans get on our players backs, regardless of their age but it's happened since I started going to games and it'll happen long after I'm gone.

Cunts are going to be cunts. Airds progressing well the last few weeks but theres always some idiots who will slate any youngster then complain we dont play them enough, its give and take if Ally puts more kids in the team we have to allow them time or its just driving our good young players away and there's too much of that in Glasgow from the bheasts ( in a much more deviant way)

Sadly we have always had fans like this. It's depressing, God knows who they think they're impressing. Just can't get my head round the mindset of getting on the back of our young players all game.

Don't know how many times one wayward pass early in a game will lead to people deciding a player is "shite" on that day and proceeding to tell them even when they go on to a good game.

CR4. He was no doubt steaming. Embarrassment.

He went quiet after 80 mins. Probs off to the pub to tell his pals how he screamed at a Rangers starlet and got away with it.

I was in BF3, and like a lot of people there, I would groan when a shit pass was made, or an opportunity missed - but I only heard words of encouragement

People were screaming at Aird, but telling him that he was better than this

Also, when Bell let in a goal, again people were audibly upset, but only words of encouragement were shouted

Made me proud to be a bear that day.

Aird's not that great lets be honest. But he's the best we have in that position right now. I don't agree with the shouting and bawling at him, but he needs to learn the standards Rangers and their support expect. If someone shouting at you puts you off, then football shouldn't be for you. You should be trying your best to ram it down their throats.