Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

What new model is this?

Spunk all our money then when it gets desperate sell our best player just to keep the lights on?

You may NOT like it - I 't like it -but it is a fact - we are a selling club - its how we are going to grow and is part of our 'self sustaining model' - there is no point bumping your gums at me about it - its a fact, slightly unpalatable when its someone like Lee bt its something we are going to have to get used to - losng our best players.

Now Lee might not go, a deal might not be struck, Lee might want to stay - but that does not take away from the fact we ARE a selling club.

As I say I don't doubt Forrest are interested so I'm not saying you are lying or trying to cause anger etc my point is the story in the record is a puff piece! Do you honestly believe the "source" posed the question about why we are asking players to take wage cuts or that the notts Forrest "source" would flat out say they are no longer interested? It's what the media do.....they take a half truth and twist it to suit their own needs!

Sorry, should have said I was told forest and possibly Wigan were going to bid, so as far as I know a forest bid was always coming. I don't know if the full article is bullshit. I only posted last night that forest interest was defo real. So I can't speak for the rest of it

New model same shite then? Buy players and sell for less? Great model that

It's not my model - and no man is bigger than the club etc etc. if the club needs to sell Lee - then it may have to be done. (to use a shit management term - "We are where we are" and now Wallace (of CEO ilk) has to deal with the current situation and if selling Lee helps him then that may (MAY!!!) have to be done.

BUT this is not a done deal, a valuation has not been agreed and Lee has not agreed.

BUT folk will need to get used to us selling players, and our best players.

It's not my model - and no man is bigger than the club etc etc. if the club needs to sell Lee - then it may have to be done. (to use a shit management term - "We are where we are" and now Wallace (of CEO ilk) has to deal with the current situation and if selling Lee helps him then that may (MAY!!!) have to be done.

BUT this is not a done deal, a valuation has not been agreed and Lee has not agreed.

BUT folk will need to get used to us selling players, and our best players.

I think we all face the fact our best players will be sold every 2 or 3 years however it's the value and the fact we may sell lee for less than we paid. I think he's improved as a player albeit his final ball is still poor a lot of the time. I don't see why we can't get around 2 million for him, although he's only worth what someone will pay.

Usual on here.

If the story doesnt suit then it's pish and written of pure hatred.

Situation is we are going to get bids of a low value for Wallace till the window shuts.

We probably will sell if a decent offer comes in sadly.

Rangers hating journo with friends who have an interest in destabilising the board prints a story saying we are selling our best player cheaply.

Immediately the pitchforks come out.

Double whammy as it ensures anyone who does bid, offers a low price.

Even if it were true, this is a direct result of the players refusing a pay cut.

The board are already getting blamed for offering pay cuts and are now getting blamed for this.

Are folk forgetting all the demands to cut spending ?

It's clear some are still pushing an agenda.

Rangers hating journo with friends who have an interest in destabilising the board prints a story saying we are selling our best player cheaply.

Immediately the pitchforks come out.

Double whammy as it ensures anyone who does bid, offers a low price.

Even if it were true, this is a direct result of the players refusing a pay cut.

The board are already getting blamed for offering pay cuts and are now getting blamed for this.

Are folk forgetting all the demands to cut spending ?

It's clear some are still pushing an agenda.

This isn't the fault of GW and his board, it's the fault of the financial mismanagement of the previous suit wearing wankers.

This isn't the fault of GW and his board, it's the fault of the financial mismanagement of the previous suit wearing wankers.

Spot on. I haven't read the rest of the thread so don't know if others have criticised the current board. Seems pretty obvious to me who is responsible for our financial woes. Hopefully others can see that as opposed to blaming people who most definitely had nothing to do with it.

Stevie smith is gash mate! I wouldn't be comfortable with him taking the place of Wallace. It's a resounding NO from me.

I know but atleast with the league sown up we can afford to do without lee and look at some other way of playing next year, he will be a huge miss but not as bad as some make out it would be.

Spot on. I haven't read the rest of the thread so don't know if others have criticised the current board. Seems pretty obvious to me who is responsible for our financial woes. Hopefully others can see that as opposed to blaming people who most definitely had nothing to do with it.

Ally would get the blame before Mather, green and Stockbridge on here.

I said a couple of times GW has been left to fix this, he didn't cause it

Selling Lee who is one of our most entertaining players for around a million would be retarded. It would only pay for the bills for a month. The board needs to think more long term.

Agreed. It's one of these short term fixes that were trying to avoid.

He's our best player and has every chance of being club captain by the time we get to top division. Can't believe we're that desperate for 1-2 million , and even if we are , is there nowhere else to get it ?

Usual on here.

If the story doesnt suit then it's pish and written of pure hatred.

Situation is we are going to get bids of a low value for Wallace till the window shuts.

We probably will sell if a decent offer comes in sadly.

Once again I don't think anybody is questioning the fact clubs will be interested and will or have made bids but the substance of the "story" is an absolute joke.....

Once again I don't think anybody is questioning the fact clubs will be interested and will or have made bids but the substance of the "story" is an absolute joke.....

It's not a joke.

People on here and people I know told us last night this was happening and these people were informed by people close to the club.

The story sounds the same as what some of us were told.

I'm sorry you don't like it but reality can be hard, put it down to bluster all you like but I'll take the people I know and trusts word over folk who just dismiss everything.

(tu)

:lol: wow some people really are just bottom feeders eh? Why, even after all the lies, sensationalism and rhetoric do people still react to everything they read in the rags?

Have you read the "story"? It's pathetic....no quotes or substance just the standard "a source says....". It's funny how these sources always give the story the papers want eh? Just the last sentence alone tells me it's complete and utter bullshit!

STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ!!!!!!!(extra exclamation marks for my fan club!)

So can I quote you when Wallace DOES eventually leave then?

It's not just the DR -it's in the sun as well.