Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Sadly we have been a selling club since the day Reyna was sold over 10 years ago.

A bad football day for the club if Wallace goes as he is the best player in the current squad by a long way.

Although delighted he stayed at Ibrox in reality he should be playing at a far higher level. Whatever happens he will go down in history as a true Rangers legend who put the club before himself in our time of need.

If he goes it is with thanks and best wishes .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25942572?

Apologies for linking to this lot but Alisdair Lamont is saying here that we have rejected offers (plural) from Forest and that they were below the reported 900k.

If teams low ball us we will soon know how short of cash we are. If we end up taking 1m or so I'd be gutted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tball/25942572?

Apologies for linking to this lot but Alisdair Lamont is saying here that we have rejected offers (plural) from Forest and that they were below the reported 900k.

If teams low ball us we will soon know how short of cash we are. If we end up taking 1m or so I'd be gutted.

Damn you, beat me by about a second!

It's not about blaming whoever for our financial woes but looking forward to ensure that we are ready and able to get at least 2nd spot in the top league on our return.

New board in place who say they have a vision for our future, we know costs need to be cut, Wallace seems to have a big reputation from his previous jobs, he brings in Nash as a consultant.

Forgive me for being naive but I was expecting a plan with some creativity not as your first port of call sounding the players out about a 15% pay cut and then selling your best player who has stuck with us when many expected him to be one of the first out the door due to be being a quality player who should be the Scotland starting left back.

If G Wallace is thinking long term and about getting maximum value for money then he should be asking himself, when we return to the top league how much would it cost us to get a player of Wallace's quality? and how much would you need to pay him?

In all honesty I could've came up with this idea and it'd been a hell of a lot cheaper. If this is true it doesn't fill me with confidence in the board or the investors who are just about The £££££££££££££ and not about The Rangers!

It's not a joke.

People on here and people I know told us last night this was happening and these people were informed by people close to the club.

The story sounds the same as what some of us were told.

I'm sorry you don't like it but reality can be hard, put it down to bluster all you like but I'll take the people I know and trusts word over folk who just dismiss everything.

(tu)

:lol: have you even read it? So you honestly believe a "source" would pose the question to the daily record about why there was a need for wage reductions? You actually believe the "source" would rule out any further bids and demean the level the player they are/were interested is playing at before confirming they can get their 2nd choice? Seriously some of you need to get out more if you believe every word the rags print!

As soon as the 15% pay cuts were made public it ensured that any bids for our players would be lower than normal. It sent out a message that we are desperate for an immediate cash injection.

No matter what we think LW is worth i'm afraid he's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

We now have a player who doesn't want to leave but a club who obviously want to sell.

Certain people have lined their (and their friends) pockets in the past 18 months and this is the result.

When will we learn ?.

The championship going to be a right slog next season.

If and when we do go back up does anyone really still believe we will be challenging ? The scum will get ten in a row and then some!! This is terrible news to have a chance we needed to keep our best players. The squad is so full of average SPL players who will offer us nothing when we are back it's not true.

The first casualty of Allys short sighted ness and complete lack of confidence in his own ability is about to fall.

He has a contract he cannot be forced to do anything against his will, he is in total control.

There's always ways BB .

As previously stated just look at Alan Hutton . I'm not for one minute wanting him to go , but I wouldn't say he's in total control. If the club see this as the route they want to go down , they will.

So can I quote you when Wallace DOES eventually leave then?

It's not just the DR -it's in the sun as well.

Well hold on then if it's in the SUN it must be true! News international are the most reliable source of journalistic integrity after all!

One last time for those with difficulty reading....I am not disputing clubs will be interested or bids will be made or even that he will go....I am disputing the substance of the daily record article and the legitimacy of their quoted "source"....

:lol: have you even read it? So you honestly believe a "source" would pose the question to the daily record about why there was a need for wage reductions? You actually believe the "source" would rule out any further bids and demean the level the player they are/were interested is playing at before confirming they can get their 2nd choice? Seriously some of you need to get out more if you believe every word the rags print!

And people like you need to accept not everything wrote about us is a lie.

The championship going to be a right slog next season.

If and when we do go back up does anyone really still believe we will be challenging ? The scum will get ten in a row and then some!! This is terrible news to have a chance we needed to keep our best players. The squad is so full of average SPL players who will offer us nothing when we are back it's not true.

The first casualty of Allys short sighted ness and complete lack of confidence in his own ability is about to fall.

:lol:

Don't blame ally for financial mismanagement of previous boards, they are in charge of the numbers and didn't give a fuck how we were ran, you wana pick on ally's managerial flaws fire in and I'll help you, don't pin this shite on him

There's a cat in hells chance of this but the only way the selling model works if is the cash is reinvested (see Wanyama out Van Dyke in. Infuriating that we dont have a grasp of this).

If we get over 1m then how about Stevie May? Wages much lower than Lees and might be worth a few quid in a couple of years. There's also McGinn at St Mirren.

There's a cat in hells chance of this but the only way the selling model works if is the cash is reinvested (see Wanyama out Van Dyke in. Infuriating that we dont have a grasp of this).

If we get over 1m then how about Stevie May? Wages much lower than Lees and might be worth a few quid in a couple of years. There's also McGinn at St Mirren.

That's a great point mate selling clubs remain the way they are by reinvesting, if we don't do that and only sell to keep going it's not a great business plan tbh

As soon as the 15% pay cuts were made public it ensured that any bids for our players would be lower than normal. It sent out a message that we are desperate for an immediate cash injection.

No matter what we think LW is worth i'm afraid he's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

We now have a player who doesn't want to leave but a club who obviously want to sell.

Certain people have lined their (and their friends) pockets in the past 18 months and this is the result.

When will we learn ?.

How do you know "we obviously want to sell"?

At the end of the day, if we need to sell him we need to sell him.

Its not the fault of the CEO, he is just in the door and cleaning up the mess of Green, Stockbridge etc.

I would much rather that if we are getting so low on funds that we are selling Wallace for such a cut proce fee, that the CEO was also looking into all ways of getting more funding in to prevent us being ripped off.

If this means picking up the phone and calling Dave King, then so be it!