Our return to the top. What do we expect?

Going to be tough thats a certainty. Think we'll really struggle at Pittodrie parkhead inverness and hibs. I know they were tricky in the past but if things stay as they are I dont expect to win at the above grounds.

It seems most are happy to spend spend spend and then with old players past their best then what? Atm we'd be fucked but as football is takeovers or investment or manager changes can happen in weeks. Lets hope we get one of them atleast

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be betting my mortgage on winning the championship at the first attempt tbh.

Think a lot of people are taking it for granted that we'll stroll through next season.

A Hearts team with a years experience in the top league will be more difficult than many seem to think imo.

There is a lot of work to do and the squad will continue to be improved, more youth players will gain experience of the 1st team and new players brought in. What needs to happen now is that these players who have always relied only on their skill to get by learn the mental strength to play for a winning club like Rangers. Not everyone is capable of doing that, either from the youths or brought in! The only way to get that is with management that know how to win, who can get the best out of players who may not be the most skilful. A perfect example is Walter Smith when he took over the Scottish National team, same players very different results, compare that to Craig Levien etc. Ally McCoist is capable of doing this, until at least the top tier, in fact I think he may be the only one who could, given where we are.

New investment was always going to be required before going in to the top tier, I don't expect that to change, it will happen.

A new head scout should see things get better in terms of acquisitions as well so I would hope that we would be there or there a bouts in season 1. After that I would fully expect us to challenge, the whole business plan over the last 2 years was to get us back to the top ASAP, that needs to be seen through now given how much has been wasted.

People who are saying we will struggle in the Championship, do you think we might not win it or do you think we might not have it won by March. I think we might have to wait till April myself...

If the current management team remain in place then i would settle for the last minute of the last game.

I expect

We'll win the championship by at least 15 points.

First season back in top flight, second place - biggest debate will be whether they finish more points ahead of us than we finish ahead of third place.

Second season back in top flight - probably similar to first

Unless we have serious investment combined with great scouting and youth development the mhanks will romp to ten in a row, we are so far behind them it's frightening.

I think Ally will be sacked our first year back after just getting us out of a slog fest next year. Without serious investment even the best coach in the world can fix us. We shouldn't have needed serious investment however our squad is so full of shit bar 3 or 4 we need a whole new team!!

We won't win the Championship as easily as we've won this season and last season, that's a stick-on, but I think we should still win it comfortably by about 15 points or thereabouts.

First season back in the Premiership is much more difficult to predict. I think getting 2nd place would be a massive achievement, but it won't be easy.

Wouldn't be betting my mortgage on winning the championship at the first attempt tbh.

Think a lot of people are taking it for granted that we'll stroll through next season.

A Hearts team with a years experience in the top league will be more difficult than many seem to think imo.

Hearts will cause us no problems next season. Nothing more than a team of really really bad young boys.

Hearts will cause us no problems next season. Nothing more than a team of really really bad young boys.

These boys will have had a seasons worth of experience playing the top tier teams and who have managed to win 17 points in the process. Not saying they are a top team but then again neither are we. How would we be if we had only 3-4 players over the age of 21 and the rest made up of U19s whilst still playing the best teams.

When this all began I expected we would build year on year to a point where we could finish second in year one of top flight football. Now I think a takeover is the only way that will happen. Of the current squad only 2-3 are up to it. Wallace, Bell, Law. Wallace could play in a Rangers team of old and look decent. The rest wouldn't make the bench. I'd say this squad would finish between 4-6 position.

A Europa league position would be a cracking start to our return to the top flight IMO.

I'd love us to win it, but think that is the stuff of fantasy without major investment in the playing squad.

I still believe we would be good enough for second place in our first year.

I guess it all comes down to how the team looks when we get back.

When this all began I expected we would build year on year to a point where we could finish second in year one of top flight football. Now I think a takeover is the only way that will happen. Of the current squad only 2-3 are up to it. Wallace, Bell, Law. Wallace could play in a Rangers team of old and look decent. The rest wouldn't make the bench. I'd say this squad would finish between 4-6 position.

Agreed.

Would add McLeod to that list. .

No worse than second place finish and won't rule out winning the league first season back.

Our squad will be strengthened and the motivation levels will be through the roof. Every game a cup final.

What we have in our favour is that historically we are a club accustomed to winning games regularly and that hasn't changed. This club has retained that winning mentality and I won't care one little bit about the quality of football the first season back, it's all about stamping our authority and winning.

I'm not being naive but neither will I be defeatist. Bring it on.

These boys will have had a seasons worth of experience playing the top tier teams and who have managed to win 17 points in the process. Not saying they are a top team but then again neither are we. How would we be if we had only 3-4 players over the age of 21 and the rest made up of U19s whilst still playing the best teams.

We have a squad of seasoned pro's with dozens of seasons of SPL experience between them & we are utter pish.

Still better than a Hearts team full of boys though.