funding the club

corbyloyal84

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fans should be the Source jointly of any new funding injection.

If the Fans buy more shares but all as individuals they will simply have handed more money over to the board and have no louder voice than they started with.....

As ever you can read some more details here.

http://thecrossedrubicon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-big-welcome-to-new-institutional.html

Stop posting links to your blog please on every thread you post on

I haven't really seen it mentioned or debated on RM for a while but is there any chance we as fans could buy the pitch from the club? therefore the club get a wad of much needed money and the fans are happy knowing whoever was incharge could never sell Ibrox without the pitch. and maybe in a few years time we buy the Copland then the Govan then the Broomloan leaving the club with the main stand and everything else that goes with the club. or is that just a mental idea?

IMO some very serious money will be needed acquire and keep the very best players that could be afforded in order to return to the very top and to CL football in a reasonable period of time ie a lot less than 10 years.

It may be risky given the performance of recent Boards and maybe just as risky if bad choices are made of players to buy. But if the Club set up a ring-fenced account where Supporters could contribute to directly (one-off contributions or regular contributions) with the fund used solely for player acquisition then that might be a way of bolstering funds available to Rangers to get the right players who would make a decisive difference in getting back to the top quicky. As to who manages the fund, it would need to be people that Supporters could trust. My view would be a group comprising the CEO, the Manager, and a few Rangers legends with a good eye for the type of player who would be capable of making the sort of difference I'm referring to . People like Sandy Jardine, Brian Laudrup and a former manager. Where the Club wanted to access the fund to add some of it to the Club's regular financing it would mean consulting that group who would give their consent or withold it if they were not convinced it was the right move to make.

A reason why thinking about how the Club can be funded is - quite simply - that despite all the talk of DK money or of future investments or of future share issues they all have one thing in common at this time: they are just speculation. The sort of ring fenced Supporter contribution fund is something the Board could implement at any time assuming any legal and constitutional matters relating to its set up and operation could be dealt with. The point being that to some extent it is within the gift of Supporters to make contributory gifts to the Club for the objective of funding the football ambition, but given recent history and accepting that there are risks, a fundamental would be providing watertight assurance about how ring-fencing worked and how access to the fund worked.

IMO some very serious money will be needed acquire and keep the very best players that could be afforded in order to return to the very top and to CL football in a reasonable period of time ie a lot less than 10 years.

It may be risky given the performance of recent Boards and maybe just as risky if bad choices are made of players to buy. But if the Club set up a ring-fenced account where Supporters could contribute to directly (one-off contributions or regular contributions) with the fund used solely for player acquisition then that might be a way of bolstering funds available to Rangers to get the right players who would make a decisive difference in getting back to the top quicky. As to who manages the fund, it would need to be people that Supporters could trust. My view would be a group comprising the CEO, the Manager, and a few Rangers legends with a good eye for the type of player who would be capable of making the sort of difference I'm referring to . People like Sandy Jardine, Brian Laudrup and a former manager. Where the Club wanted to access the fund to add some of it to the Club's regular financing it would mean consulting that group who would give their consent or withold it if they were not convinced it was the right move to make.

A reason why thinking about how the Club can be funded is - quite simply - that despite all the talk of DK money or of future investments or of future share issues they all have one thing in common at this time: they are just speculation. The sort of ring fenced Supporter contribution fund is something the Board could implement at any time assuming any legal and constitutional matters relating to its set up and operation could be dealt with. The point being that to some extent it is within the gift of Supporters to make contributory gifts to the Club for the objective of funding the football ambition, but given recent history and accepting that there are risks, a fundamental would be providing watertight assurance about how ring-fencing worked and how access to the fund worked.

agree with everything you said there we have been hearing for months now of Dave King or of other forms of investment coming into the club and as you say it is all talk and no action. Of coure we have the 120 day business review but as far as i can gather that is only about cutting costs not bringing more into the club.

agree with everything you said there we have been hearing for months now of Dave King or of other forms of investment coming into the club and as you say it is all talk and no action. Of coure we have the 120 day business review but as far as i can gather that is only about cutting costs not bringing more into the club.

Wallace has said that while the main aim of this 120 days is to cut costs in order to give us a sustainable business, another aim is to show investors (old and new) that putting money into the club will benefit us and them, and not simply plug holes

So in a sense, it is about bringing more into the club

of course it is really cant understand why this has not been done a long time ago

It's such an easy way for the club to implement. It generates money and it if you give people a reason to buy memberships e.g. money of Rangers merchandise, meals at Argyle House etc I'm sure it would take of.

I know for e.g. at Liverpool for your membership fee of 35 quid a year you get access to tickets, whichare obviously harder to get for EPL games, 10 per cent of club merchandise and a monthly club magazine.

It's such an easy way for the club to implement. It generates money and it if you give people a reason to buy memberships e.g. money of Rangers merchandise, meals at Argyle House etc I'm sure it would take of.

I know for e.g. at Liverpool for your membership fee of 35 quid a year you get access to tickets, whichare obviously harder to get for EPL games, 10 per cent of club merchandise and a monthly club magazine.

only thing is how do we implement this? as alot of people are wary of handing over even more to the current board

im not saying we are that bad financially i just dont think if the board were confident of having the neccesary funding in place we would even consider selling our best player for less than we actually paid for him

The board are certainly not confident of having funding in place.

Did you miss the bit where Wallace told us he would undertake a 120 day review before even approaching investors.

In the meantime cuts need to be made to bring our outgoings into line with our income.

If you are going to talk about not renewing due to "stories" then perhaps supporting Rangers is not for you.

What would you do differently and how would you go about that.

The board are certainly not confident of having funding in place.

Did you miss the bit where Wallace told us he would undertake a 120 day review before even approaching investors.

In the meantime cuts need to be made to bring our outgoings into line with our income.

If you are going to talk about not renewing due to "stories" then perhaps supporting Rangers is not for you.

What would you do differently and how would you go about that.

i nener once talked about not renweing and i also said i dont beleive we are that bad financilly

now i know this has been talked about time and time again but surely a viable source of funding could be created by us the fans paying into an account set up by someone independant from the board as i know alot of people would want nothing to do with it if it wasnt. yes i know people pay hundreds if not thousands to support our club as it is every year but even paying £5 a week into this it would soon add up if hearts can fucking do it im sure we can

... And do what with the cash - because it has to be handed over to the club / board to be spent? So why try to separate it from the club?

Also with the first team squad at 30% of turnover we should be self sustaining

now i know this has been talked about time and time again but surely a viable source of funding could be created by us the fans paying into an account set up by someone independant from the board as i know alot of people would want nothing to do with it if it wasnt. yes i know people pay hundreds if not thousands to support our club as it is every year but even paying £5 a week into this it would soon add up if hearts can fucking do it im sure we can

Dp

... And do what with the cash - because it has to be handed over to the club / board to be spent? So why try to separate it from the club?

Also with the first team squad at 30% of turnover we should be self sustaining

Many clubs at lower levels run such schemes and the money is ring fenced for the playing budget/transfer fees or capital purchases rather than the day to day outgoings. Its an attractive way to give fans a feeling that they are making a tangible contribution. The logistics of setting up a scheme with a fanbase the size of Rangers would be the real sticking point but not beyond the wit of some I'm sure. It really doesn't matter if a club is self sustaining it is an extra source of funding.