Rangers – Fan ownership, or not, as a consequence of Fan Unity.

iang2911

Membership model to support Scouting and Youth development  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is achievable?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you sign up to such a scheme?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the wider global fan base would buy in to it?

• Yes
    • No

It could be done but consider implementing it, everybody would have to be equal, no special treatment for the boys in the main stand, no freebies, you would have to do away with the directors box etc, sitting next to fans who don't invest and you are paying for them. The fact is football teams are living beyond their means and sponsorship is driving the costs up not down, having to compete even harder for the big prizes. It will probably work for smaller teams with smallish costs and little ambition just like Hearts, Dunfermline etc. :000000082: , but for a team like Rangers, we need about 60 million a year just to keep going.

I'm not advocating all out ownership mate, I agree that for a club out size in the spfl I don't think it would work. However there needs to be a way that we can work with the owner, who ever they are, and secure the clubs future.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don't understand is why we have to go for fan ownership under one banner,group or scheme. Why can't we as fans just buy shares until we have a large enough share holding to influence change if necessary, I don't believe we need to have a say in running the club on a day to day basis we just need to have enough shares so that if a board member is doing a poor job we can have them removed at the next agm.

Can i make a suggestion Ian?

Could we not use this as a bargaining tool to the clubs major investors?

We will back the club in this way, if in return Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park are ring fenced and can only be developed/sold with an 80% approval of ST holders. Thus protecting the future of the club from property developers.

the main stand at Ibrox is listed and Murray park is green belt, neither would be appealing to property developers

I don't understand why Modern Day Rangers Fans can't unite .

Is this the Legacy of David Murray's Riegn at Rangers?

I would buy into something like this that focuses on Youth Development as its the only way our Club can get back to where it was.

I really cannot understand why any Rangers fan wouldn't be up for this as long as it has a Prominent name, and structure to be run correctly.

Fan ownership I'm afraid won't work because of the other so called fan Groups, they are the stumbling block to fan ownership.

I would invest in youth development undoubtedly.

For me the negatives outweigh the positives.

Our fans are just unable to unify even over the most basic fundamental issues.

Imo its a set up not suited to our club.

Outright fan ownership I would agree but that's not what I am putting forward in the OP

I would buy into something like this that focuses on Youth Development as its the only way our Club can get back to where it was.

I really cannot understand why any Rangers fan wouldn't be up for this as long as it has a Prominent name, and structure to be run correctly.

Fan ownership I'm afraid won't work because of the other so called fan Groups, they are the stumbling block to fan ownership.

Thanks nacho. I will be trying to put this out elsewhere for a week then depending on the rwsponse I will be delivering it to the club ASAP.

am not sure it's a legacy of the Murray, more so the abject failure of any group out there to properly engage with the fans and then represent them, when we get a group that is run not to boost anybodies bank balance or ego then we will be getting somewhere, purchasing a season ticket should give you automatic membership into a group and the opinions of all season ticket holders should be sought on certain issues, it can't be that difficult to poll the opinions of 36000 people

I'm not advocating all out ownership mate, I agree that for a club out size in the spfl I don't think it would work. However there needs to be a way that we can work with the owner, who ever they are, and secure the clubs future.

The owners have always used the peasants to fund their football team,in other words you paid at the gate years ago and if you did not like it you didn't go, pure and simple. Laterly you pay for a season ticket, then you are fucked if the football management couldn't give a fuck how they played, a bit like just now. Now they want you to pay for every fucking thing and still play shite football and they still sit in the high places, because the football world is different to the fan based world, they are in it for the money, while the fans believe in fairy tale legends( in Scotland ffs).

Rangers are in the process of being controlled again, in the proper hands, so to speak, and the fans have no chance of taking control, that's the real world if you can grasp it. Talking of realities nobody wants to invest in Rangers, they are a big fish in the small pond of Scottish football, going no where fast, at least the CEO grasps reality when he says it will take 5 years to catch up celtic.

The powers that be will scupper fan ownership or at least take your money and fuck you off(as they do), and as far as a youth program, Scotland hasn't produced a decent footballer for how long now?, and Rangers are at the bottom of the youth pile. From my experiences Rangers are a buying club from the 1960's onwards, and just look at the play just now, produce good young players!!, no chance.

The powers that be will scupper fan ownership or at least take your money and fuck you off(as they do), and as far as a youth program, Scotland hasn't produced a decent footballer for how long now?, and Rangers are at the bottom of the youth pile. From my experiences Rangers are a buying club from the 1960's onwards, and just look at the play just now, produce good young players!!, no chance.

That's what I like to see mate. Positivity and optimism!

In essence this is a great idea but what happens if the manager of the first team doesnt rate any of the youths us fans have invested in?

Boycott until they are played? Sack the manager and replace him with someone who has guaranteed the fans i vestors he will play the youth players?

In my heart i would love to see our fans have more say in how our club is run and im not talking about outright ownership, even contributing towards a wealthy investor(s) factions would build up before long just like where we are at the moment.

We pay for season tickets, matchday tickets, corporate and private hospitality, merchandise, matchday food, rangers lotto, matchday programmes, would we stump up another £10 per week membership fee? Not without assurances from thise in complete control of the club.

We would also need a democratically elected fan to sit on the board with elections held every say 2 years to avoid complacency.

It is a great idea but i cant see our support working in unison to achieve it sadly.

Yes, yes and fucking yes. Where do I sign? The share price will start to rise as shares get snapped up by fans. £20 per month is very little money too sleep easy at nights.

We have all suffered badly as fans, because we are passionate and our team is like a extended family member.

As for our fan groups, get a grip, and if they do not they no longer get recognised as a fans group.

Start with season ticket holders and their extended family's for members, anyone who has ever used our sports shop via email, email them about it. This is the best idea I have heard to date

In essence this is a great idea but what happens if the manager of the first team doesnt rate any of the youths us fans have invested in?

Boycott until they are played? Sack the manager and replace him with someone who has guaranteed the fans i vestors he will play the youth players?

In my heart i would love to see our fans have more say in how our club is run and im not talking about outright ownership, even contributing towards a wealthy investor(s) factions would build up before long just like where we are at the moment.

We pay for season tickets, matchday tickets, corporate and private hospitality, merchandise, matchday food, rangers lotto, matchday programmes, would we stump up another £10 per week membership fee? Not without assurances from thise in complete control of the club.

We would also need a democratically elected fan to sit on the board with elections held every say 2 years to avoid complacency.

It is a great idea but i cant see our support working in unison to achieve it sadly.

That would be a board decision not fans. I have shares just now so nothing changes apart from we get a bigger say in board members

Yes, yes and fucking yes. Where do I sign? The share price will start to rise as shares get snapped up by fans. £20 per month is very little money too sleep easy at nights.

We have all suffered badly as fans, because we are passionate and our team is like a extended family member.

As for our fan groups, get a grip, and if they do not they no longer get recognised as a fans group.

Start with season ticket holders and their extended family's for members, anyone who has ever used our sports shop via email, email them about it. This is the best idea I have heard to date

Cheers mate. Still a lot of work needed but I have scoped out a fair bit and think it can be a real, long term, benefit to everyone.

If we had better youth coaches then yeah it would be a better idea