***** The Official Post Match Thread Brechin (H) *****

Columbo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Positives: Another three points in the bag, Templeton looked lively and in the first half we played some good stuff, could have been much further ahead.

Negatives: Hanging on at home to Brechin isn't something to be proud of. Moshni was an idiot and we are missing him and McCulloch for the trip to Ayr. Black I thought was pretty poor again and Aird didn't beat a man at all in the second half. Daly got a goal but he can't play up front by himself whatsoever.

Five wins from the title though (tu)

seems like after every game i read:

pros: another 3 points in the bag

cons: hanging on against a team who are all just back from night-shift

Black was brilliant today, I lost count of the times he broke up the play and passed the ball well except for the couple of times in the second half where he played some poor passes.

yes I thought Black had a good game too apart from a couple of stray passes

Not in the least bit surprised at Mohsni's sending off...

His attitude for the past month has been shocking..

As for Ian Black, how he's still starting is beyond me. His performances recently have to be seen to be believed.

I agree about Mohsni

but I think you're way off the mark with your observations of Black: he has been having a good season imo

Seems like the same old story looking great then lose impetus and struggle over the line. Mohsnis red card is a bit of an excuse but it still doesn't account for what sounds like a barrow load of misses in front of goal.

to be fair the Brechin Keeper was in remarkable form and he alone was the difference between Rangers being a few goals more up than they were as he made some great saves on numerous occasions when I thought the ball was going to be in the back of the net.

could have been 5-0 up in the first half. one of the best halfs of the season so far IMO.

Second half started brightly, they scored a cracking goal, and we lost a both our central defenders in the space of a few minutes, up until then we were utterly in control and never looked like even conceeding. Even after going to 10 men we could have scored another couple of goals, we had some decent chances.

We were a bit shaky near the end, but overall that was better than it has been over the last 5-6 weeks.

I would rather hang on for the win in the last 5 minutes, than push forward and possibly lose a goal.

While Mohsni kicking the ball away was petulant can anybody explain the difference between that and the Brechin number 8 kicking the ball away earlier in the game?

Why does the ref punish one but not the other? If the ref applies the same rules to both sides Brechin end with 9 men (the 2 and the 8 would have walked).

It seems some players are always in the firing line for some however they actually perform. Ian Black had a solid game as did Seb Faure. The difference between the first and second half appeared to be that we came back out and dropped deeper to protect the lead rather than build on it.

While Mohsni kicking the ball away was petulant can anybody explain the difference between that and the Brechin number 8 kicking the ball away earlier in the game?

didn't Mohsni kick the ball against the Brechin player tho? thats what I thought I saw

didn't Mohsni kick the ball against the Brechin player tho? thats what I thought I saw

Kicking the ball away is a yellow card offence whatever the circumstances. It doesn't matter if it hits a player or not. Its the failure to apply rules consistently that I was pointing out.

could have been 5-0 up in the first half. one of the best halfs of the season so far IMO.

Second half started brightly, they scored a cracking goal, and we lost a both our central defenders in the space of a few minutes, up until then we were utterly in control and never looked like even conceeding. Even after going to 10 men we could have scored another couple of goals, we had some decent chances.

We were a bit shaky near the end, but overall that was better than it has been over the last 5-6 weeks.

I would rather hang on for the win in the last 5 minutes, than push forward and possibly lose a goal.

I love the way you always try to dress it up Gogz :lol: First half was best we've played in months, 2nd have was the way we've been playing the last few months. Pish.