I was going to make a thread at half time praising the way we played

GOAT

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall today was a mixed bag, the first half was very much like a continuation of the end of last week - high tempo, slick, aggressive and very good to watch. Could easily have been 5 or 6 by half time. Second half started pretty similar and Mohsni's stupid red card led to a massive change, I still thought we were more likely to score the next goal. If we had finished the match like we did with 11, I would be disappointed, with 10, meh.

I would imagine the situation with Temps was agreed before the game and is for his long-term fitness, so I don't see that we should get that upset with it.

No but he chose the tactics after the red

On that basis he should be praised for what went on before the red then.

But hey, that will never be done by some on here since they are too entrenched in their anti Ally viewpoint.

We had better make sure they have professional psychiatric help if we lose since they can't even handle it when we win and they will go into meltdown.

I see the weekly whinge thread is back. More reliable than a period so it is.

I suppose Ally was to blame for the sending off since we were doing well till that point.

:lol:

At least a period can be good news. Not pretty to look at but you know you are off the hook. Just like the second half.

On that basis he should be praised for what went on before the red then.

But hey, that will never be done by some on here since they are too entrenched in their anti Ally viewpoint.

We had better make sure they have professional psychiatric help if we lose since they can't even handle it when we win and they will go into meltdown.

Hard to praise when we can't perform for a whole game

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist believes Bilel Mohsni’s red card changed the course of a match Rangers had dominated.

In the end the Light Blues had to hang on for a 2-1 victory against Brechin City after a second yellow card earned Mohsni a red that McCoist calls ‘needless’.

Mohsni, and captain Lee McCulloch who was also yellow carded in injury time, now look set to miss the trip to Ayr United in a fortnight through suspension.

McCoist said: “I’m extremely disappointed. I’ll watch it again but definitely Bilel gives the referee the opportunity for a second yellow and he took that.

“I don’t have a problem with if from the ref’s point of view, but from our own point of view I’m extremely disappointed.

“I plan to speak to him about it. He should know better. You’re taught not to do it in school so it’s safe to say it was a needless yellow card.”

McCoist knows he faces a reshuffle in defence with his two first choice centre halves set for suspension.

He added: “It will give us a problem because we moved Seb Faure in and brought Foster on at right back and although we didn’t look comfortable I think that’s because we were down to ten men.

“It certainly gives us something to think about but that’s why we always believe we need depth in a squad to cope with these kinds of situations.”

I suggest if people are going to get offended over questions about mccoists tactical ability that they stay off forums and watch re runs of 9 in a row. Everything about the team on the park is disjointed. We started preseason intent on playing 4-1-3-2 and we played it for about 5-6 games and looked really good. All of a sudden its either a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and we look worse than part time sides. Looks like jon daly is this season ian black. Even with a broken leg mccoist would want to start him

My post was a wee joke but seriously I don't know how you can all be arsed having the same arguments week after week. It's the same people posting practically the same views every week. :lol:

Because people need to realise how far we're going to fall behind Celtic with this guy in charge of us.

I was going to praise McCoist for actually having us passing the ball instead of punting it, having the back line sit forward instead of too deep. Creating decent chances, passing it about, playing well on the wing, especially down the left with Templeton. Thank fuck I never.

The second half was just more stale pish, and eventually more punting the ball up. But that's not what I'm angry about, I'm absolutely raging at one decision and that was McCoists decision to take off the best player on the park for Andy fucking Little. Seriously? Is the guy for fucking real? What a fucking disgraceful substitution. Shameful. Anyone that sticks up for McCoist after that action is a fucking idiot. It nearly cost us the points, we then proceeded to sit deep and long punts up to no cunt when did get the ball. All this against part timers at Ibrox. Are you people going to wake up soon and realise what's going on here?

Also, someone needs to take Mohsni and boot him in the balls, what a fucken clown he is.

I await all the usual bullshit excuses and people having digs at me, the proof is in the pudding and people there today are fed up with it.

Yes not only are you one tracked about Ally - you also seem to have missed the fact that Templeton was fked, lacked match fitness and had put in a great shift and fresh legs were needed and little gave us that - but to acknowledge that would be to give Ally some credit and as you have proved - that is beyond you!

Because people need to realise how far we're going to fall behind Celtic with this guy in charge of us.

We can't get near them till we are back in the top league. I agree with how poor we are etc but a lot of you have some stamina to keep going over the same old arguments (both sides)