*****The Official 5th round Scottish Cup Rangers v Dunfermline match thread*****

wearethepeople1

Game is on Friday night BBC1 Scotland for those not attending

I believe mohsni and mcculloch will be ok to play as its the cup.

I would say this is the biggest game of the season so far, in terms of progression and being able to test ourselves against better opposition in the next round and we can actually gauge how far we have come this season.

If we play like we did in the first half today then we shouldn't have a problem, but by no means do I think its a gimme as Dunfermline are winning most weeks in the same league as us.

Elimination at this stage would heap real pressure on ally, as most will be judging him on his Scottish cup campaign this season, rightly or wrongly, and with the league all but done and most expecting a win v Raith in ramsden cup final, this game is huge for us IMO

There will still be a lower league team or two the next round the way the draws gone, would rather get another one of them tbh.

Still need to win this tie first though and with our displays there's no guarantees.

We could get really lucky and face lower league teams all the way until the final.

Quite nervous tbh.

I know what you mean, I wasn't until the second half today, but I don't think we should take anything for granted.

Having said that, we seem to be able to step it up against 'better' teams when it matters, such as the championship sides we have beaten in cup matches, so hopefully the whole XI will be switched on for this one

Unlikely but Stranraer and Forfar might grind out results at home

You never know but presuming only two lower league teams are guaranteed to get through and presuming the rest are made of top flight clubs then we'll only have a 2 in 7 chance of drawing a lower league team in the QF draw.

I think we should prepare for facing a top flight team - fingers crossed we get a home game (tu)

Who has in all honesty? Wallace and thats it, at least Aird is learning his trade and needs a real run of games, plenty i would drop before Fraser.

Templeton imo. You're right no-one is doing brilliantly right now but i've found Aird one of the biggest disappointments.

I would drop Mhosni and put Fuere in with Jig.

Foster in and temps and Shiels.

I would bench big JD looking tired.

Bring in Andy Little.

I'll be there for this one and if we cam play the way we did 1St half v Brechin then good.

Need more consistency.

3_2 Rangers we are losing Goals now at the back.

You never know but presuming only two lower league teams are guaranteed to get through and presuming the rest are made of top flight clubs then we'll only have a 2 in 7 chance of drawing a lower league team in the QF draw.

I think we should prepare for facing a top flight team - fingers crossed we get a home game (tu)

I'm hoping we start performing when needed but I would take the luck of the draw all the way.

Our fans deserve something to shout about and a place in the final would also help ST sales next season and boost our public profile especially for future investors.