*****The Official 5th round Scottish Cup Rangers v Dunfermline match thread*****

wearethepeople1

No great loss IMO as it will force McCoist to go with two natural wingers like first half against Brechin and that will be a much better set up for us

Yep cause she getting them delivered on Friday afternoon which she just so happens to be working, and where I stay would struggle to get down in time for the game

Get them delivered to her work mate and let her carry them home.

You get yourself to Ibrox.

Can appreciate that view just don't entirely agree not for a tie like this anyway

So, if a fairy godmother appeared before you this afternoon and offered you the choice between a dull as fuck match but a guaranteed win or an absolute belter but only a 50-50 chance of progression, which would you take?

So, if a fairy godmother appeared before you this afternoon and offered you the choice between a dull as fuck match but a guaranteed win or an absolute belter but only a 50-50 chance of progression, which would you take?

Guaranteed win every time. Can't imagine many Rangers fans taking the other option.

You want the guaranteed win but I don't think the win should be under any question in this particular instance.

It's probably just because we have that many horrid matches these days that i'm talking like this because I understand the nature of cup football and really want us to have a good run.

(tu) Indeed. I'm interested to hear simplythebest's response, though.

I reckon he feels since we have turned them over in the past and that we have a far better team while playing at home he expects and wants them to actually show us some football and go through.

Of course a win and progression is all that matters but a wee bit of entertainment for those turning out should also be warrented.

I reckon he feels since we have turned them over in the past and that we have a far better team while playing at home he expects and wants them to actually show us some football and go through.

Of course a win and progression is all that matters but a wee bit of entertainment for those turning out should also be warrented.

Aye this really especially because we entertain so little these days, this is the third home game in a row and the first two have been horrid apart from one decent first half against Brechin.

Aye this really especially because we entertain so little these days, this is the third home game in a row and the first two have been horrid apart from one decent first half against Brechin.

(tu)

I'll be delighted with progression but if it's another struggle with the same problems of late I'll let it be known how I feel.

You want the guaranteed win but I don't think the win should be under any question in this particular instance.

It's probably just because we have that many horrid matches these days that i'm talking like this because I understand the nature of cup football and really want us to have a good run.

Of course the win could be under question. Yes, we're favourites and should win, but we still have to go out and earn the victory.

(tu)

I'll be delighted with progression but if it's another struggle with the same problems of late I'll let it be known how I feel.

Plus with a high chance of playing a top flight team next round assuming we do go through it would be nice for the team to give us some sort of confidence back.

Of course the win could be under question. Yes, we're favourites and should win, but we still have to go out and earn the victory.

We have to do that every league game in theory though and although the performances are terrible I still want us to win those games, I think there has to be room for performance and result certainly when we have a certain level of opposition anyway.

I do know where you're coming from mate but if it's another dreadful game I know i'm unlikely to come on here saying it doesn't matter because it was a cup game.