What has happened to our support?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes no sense as we are still winning. It is the people that want to see progress that are unhappy, not the ones that attend just to see us win.

we laugh and mock other teams support and call the gloryhunters and im sure they have reasons for not going usually the team being pish, , people who walk away are not supporting the team through thick thin....hence GLORYHUNTERS

and some fans will be more loyal than others , reason why glory hunters get mentioned when things get tough the glory hunters walk away

Of course, but loyalty sometimes leads to misguided trust.

Glory hunters is used, IMHO, as a personal insult to those who have a different view and no longer believe in what the other person / people do! It's a bit weak really but I agree with the words, only the other way round. Hunters Glory. I want the best for the club and I want them to always be hunting glory. That's not what is happening at the moment!

It's a bit ignorant just to label someone as a glory hunter, because they think differently!

It's been this way for years, only way you can express yourself.

They need to know what's unacceptable and if it makes them take their finger out their arse then it's all good.

I've never witnessed a Rangers team booed off at half-time/full time that's not been given a great reception when they retake the field.

Standards are high at this club and if they can't handle it then they should seek a move elsewhere.

are you suggesting we all abandon Rangers and dont support the team ..well you can go feck yourself with that shite

.....and once you start swearing at people and are unable to have a reasonable discussion - you've already lost the ability to be taken seriously!

But, just to answer your question. I do not think that financing the current set up is supporting the team or club.

.....and once you start swearing at people and are unable to have a reasonable discussion - you've already lost the ability to be taken seriously!

But, just to answer your question. I do not think that financing the current set up is supporting the team or club.

No ...the minute you stopped supporting Rangers , and came on here bragging about it , you lost all credibility

I'm honestly sick of some of our supporters. Instead of getting behind the team and showing there support they are constantly shouting abuse at the players and management.

Today I witnessed our supporters clapping the Brechin goal and then later booing Rangers players and shouting abuse at McCoist when he made the substitution. A similar incident happened last season when we lost to Annan. There were folk who booed Rangers off the park then later clapped Annan off.

Shit like this has to stop. Like it or not we are where we are and whether you agree with it or not Ally is our manager and will be there for the long run so lets get behind the team and managment and show why we are the best supporters in the land.

Did you actually watch the last 30 mins??? It was utterly appalling and much of that lies with the manager. The first half was actually enjoyable and the Brechin 'keeper was excellent. The play after Mohsni was sent off was simply pathetic and Ally shoulders much of the blame due to his tactical switches.

The original question can be answered by another - what has happened to our team? To consistently struggle to kill games the way we have been is frustrating as fuck. You'd need to have nerves of steel not to react negatively. The bizarre thing is we actually played some decent stuff at times today, rather than hoofing it like we have been guilty of recently.

Did you actually watch the last 30 mins??? It was utterly appalling and much of that lies with the manager. The first half was actually enjoyable and the Brechin 'keeper was excellent. The play after Mohsni was sent off was simply pathetic and Ally shoulders much of the blame due to his tactical switches.

No blame attributed to Mohsni?

No ...the minute you stopped supporting Rangers , and came on here bragging about it , you lost all credibility

So you do think supporting Rangers is all about giving them money?

There is no doubt it is a big part, but what they are doing with it just now is not in the best interest of the club.

You are supporting a select few's luxurious lifestyles more than Rangers. Look at the empty seats! Do all those people no longer support Rangers?

The original question can be answered by another - what has happened to our team? To consistently struggle to kill games the way we have been is frustrating as fuck. You'd need to have nerves of steel not to react negatively. The bizarre thing is we actually played some decent stuff at times today, rather than hoofing it like we have been guilty of recently.

We just caught their goalie in one of those days. I don't think we did anything wrong. Their Goalie was superb and any other game we would have been 3 up within 9 minutes today.

We just caught their goalie in one of those days. I don't think we did anything wrong. Their Goalie was superb and any other game we would have been 3 up within 9 minutes today.

True, although how many times have keepers had blinders against us and teams scored crackers against us this season? If our players do their jobs we'll be far enough in front that neither would matter. 29 attempts on goal today and 2 goals to show for it. Even with 2 keepers between the sticks we shoulda scored more!

Grumble at a misplaced pass or losing possession but see this moaning like fuck when we are keeping possession, it does my nut in. Stadium erupting because a player took a while to make a pass then what happens? The player loses the ball, no fucking wonder.

Grumble at a misplaced pass or losing possession but see this moaning like fuck when we are keeping possession, it does my nut in. Stadium erupting because a player took a while to make a pass then what happens? The player loses the ball, no fucking wonder.

Spot on. Can clearly see the effect it has on the team, especially the younger players.

our fans are not enjoying playing in these crappy leagues , with below standard players against poor opposition , with zero competition , and are venting their anger on Ally and the team......

I feared this attitude back in the summer of 2012, when we had to start in div 3. It was all romantic back then; climb up to the top, share the wealth amongst lower league teams, fuck the SPL etc... Reality bites right now, and it isn't pretty particularly with the board soap opera. To be honest, this season has been hard to endure but I'm really looking forward to the championship next season.

Ally Needs to change the crap style of Play however booing isn't the Answer.

I will never boo Rangers but there's other ways to vent your anger booing isn't one of them imo.

some of your guys are very hard to please

many of you moan about balls being lobbed up front and how you want to see the ball being passed around

well today Rangers passed the ball around really well for the majority of the time, often with quick one touch passing as well that really created space and opened Brechin up. Was great to watch too. Right up until halftime Rangers were having one of their best performances of the season.

yes the game went pear shaped after Mohsni lost the plot and got sent off but we still won with ten men and Brechin never really threatened much. If it wasn't for their keeper having a blinder there would have been a lot more goals conceded by Brechin.

yet still people are moaning about Ally and the style of play

is your glass half full or is your glass half empty?

I prefer mine half full.

Ally will be onto Mohsni and im pretty sure so will the other team members have something to say to the Frenchman. he really let everyone down today.

there were more positives today than negatives as far as I see things

some of your guys are very hard to please

many of you moan about balls being lobbed up front and how you want to see the ball being passed around

well today Rangers passed the ball around really well for the majority of the time, often with quick one touch passing as well that really created space and opened Brechin up. Was great to watch too. Right up until halftime Rangers were having one of their best performances of the season.

yes the game went pear shaped after Mohsni lost the plot and got sent off but we still won with ten men and Brechin never really threatened much. If it wasn't for their keeper having a blinder there would have been a lot more goals conceded by Brechin.

yet still people are moaning about Ally and the style of play

is your glass half full or is your glass half empty?

I prefer mine half full.

Ally will be onto Mohsni and im pretty sure so will the other team members have something to say to the Frenchman. he really let everyone down today.

there were more positives today than negatives as far as I see things

Absolutely

If we couldn't boo the players, they'd think that their performances were acceptable. I agree that some of the fans go too far, & that the young lads, in the team, may not deserve it, however if we couldn't show our displeasure at the teams performance, how else would we keep warm?

I admit to boooing but not at the players straight at our coaches and not for the first time probably won't be the last! Maybe I'm wrong in doing so just very concerned frustrated with play overall I don't think players are that bad to be honest