What has happened to our support?

I feared this attitude back in the summer of 2012, when we had to start in div 3. It was all romantic back then; climb up to the top, share the wealth amongst lower league teams, fuck the SPL etc... Reality bites right now, and it isn't pretty particularly with the board soap opera. To be honest, this season has been hard to endure but I'm really looking forward to the championship next season.

This.............the standard being served up at the moment is poor....next year better opposition,better games,will be a cracking league.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else noted that last year (2012), when we got going after bringing players in by the end of August, we did okay for a few months and fell away big style after Christmas.

This year (2013), after getting players in, we did okay for a few months and fell away after Christmas, although not as badly as last year i.e. no one has beaten us yet and we are managing to win by the odd goal. Better players this time round?

For me, it appears that we get players in and they carry on were they left off at their previous club. They still have the memories of the coaching and tactics and carry it on. After time, they do not appear to gel the same, don't deem on the same wavelength anymore, start to lack in ideas.

Templeton. Law. Daly. Mohsni. Started their Ibrox careers well. Not so hot now. Black, after obviously not being fit last year, looked to be onto a game, but is still not as good as he was with Hearts.

I don't buy the line they can't handle playing for Rangers. They managed it for months. There is something at Ibrox that is strangling our club. The boardroom issues have helped to keep it from the fore. It needs to be rooted out. And I think we all know what it is.

I forgot to add that without exception EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club!!

Templeton, scores at Anfield, signs for us, scores on debut for us...one year on he's on the bench and our most promosing young central midfielder is playing on the left!!!!

Law, started off this season superbly BUT surprise, surprise seems to have 'lost something' the past few weeks/games.....

Nicky Clark, see previous post above.....

The list is endless, has anyone we signed actually improved and become a better player since arriving at Ibrox?

Has anyone else noted that last year (2012), when we got going after bringing players in by the end of August, we did okay for a few months and fell away big style after Christmas.

This year (2013), after getting players in, we did okay for a few months and fell away after Christmas, although not as badly as last year i.e. no one has beaten us yet and we are managing to win by the odd goal. Better players this time round?

For me, it appears that we get players in and they carry on were they left off at their previous club. They still have the memories of the coaching and tactics and carry it on. After time, they do not appear to gel the same, don't deem on the same wavelength anymore, start to lack in ideas.

Templeton. Law. Daly. Mohsni. Started their Ibrox careers well. Not so hot now. Black, after obviously not being fit last year, looked to be onto a game, but is still not as good as he was with Hearts.

I don't buy the line they can't handle playing for Rangers. They managed it for months. There is something at Ibrox that is strangling our club. The boardroom issues have helped to keep it from the fore. It needs to be rooted out. And I think we all know what it is.

I said the exact same thing further up the page mate.

Our current coaching staff seem totally and utterly incapable of actually improving any player, whether he is a new signing or a current member of the squad?

Might be weeks, might be months BUT they all eventually start getting worse and playing poorly after signing for us.

Maybe the intensive training/coaching at auchenhowie is causing burn-out?

Our support expect to see a winning team on the pitch, however I think that while we wouldn't be overjoyed to watch us drop points, it could be accepted if the performance should that the players tried thier very best but were unlucky on the day.

Saturday's performance highlighted a lot of naivety in the crowd, screaming for a cavalry charge up the park any time we had possesion rather than accepting that we were down to 10 men & it doesn't matter who the opposition are ... that is a disadvantage.

Don't get me wrong, too often during the last half hour of Saturday we seemed confused & befuddled by what to do with the ball & when we did break, our forward (Daly) couldn't keep up with the breakaway, but to contantly cry for "attack" was just wrong.

I have asked many times here & on WATPPodcast, what are the fans actually looking for on our journey back to the top ... is it just the 3 points, is that the be all & end all of our games every week ... win by hook or by crook ??

or ...

Is it about creating a solid base from which to solidify the club & provide a strong foundation on which to build? Should we be bringing through more of the youth squad, thereby introducing a far greater chance of dropping points but allowing our youth to grow ... would the support accept us dropping points playing this way, at the moment I don't beleive they would !!

Ally talks, incessantly, about the demands of playing for the club, how the drive to win is ingrained within the support ... essentially confirming that we, the fans, have created this style of play for he knows full well that dropping points in this division is tantamount to professional suicide, the more points dropped, the quicker his managerial death via calls for his head, both online, on phone ins etc.

The club has to change .... the fans expectations also have to change to let that happen.

Our support expect to see a winning team on the pitch, however I think that while we wouldn't be overjoyed to watch us drop points, it could be accepted if the performance should that the players tried thier very best but were unlucky on the day.

Saturday's performance highlighted a lot of naivety in the crowd, screaming for a cavalry charge up the park any time we had possesion rather than accepting that we were down to 10 men & it doesn't matter who the opposition are ... that is a disadvantage.

Don't get me wrong, too often during the last half hour of Saturday we seemed confused & befuddled by what to do with the ball & when we did break, our forward (Daly) couldn't keep up with the breakaway, but to contantly cry for "attack" was just wrong.

I have asked many times here & on WATPPodcast, what are the fans actually looking for on our journey back to the top ... is it just the 3 points, is that the be all & end all of our games every week ... win by hook or by crook ??

or ...

Is it about creating a solid base from which to solidify the club & provide a strong foundation on which to build? Should we be bringing through more of the youth squad, thereby introducing a far greater chance of dropping points but allowing our youth to grow ... would the support accept us dropping points playing this way, at the moment I don't beleive they would !!

Ally talks, incessantly, about the demands of playing for the club, how the drive to win is ingrained within the support ... essentially confirming that we, the fans, have created this style of play for he knows full well that dropping points in this division is tantamount to professional suicide, the more points dropped, the quicker his managerial death via calls for his head, both online, on phone ins etc.

The club has to change .... the fans expectations also have to change to let that happen.

I genuinely believe that the vast majority of Rangers fans thought and hoped that as we worked our way back up the divisions we would have at the core of our side a young, exciting, dynamic team built around the promising gcrop of youngsters we scurrently have at the club, supplementd by one or two experienced pro's.

I, and every other, Rangers fan I spoke to at the time believed that at the start of last season our starting XI most weeks would have included 5 or 6 young bear cubs, guys like Gasporetto, Mitchell, McAusland, MacLeod, McKay, Crawford, Aird etc. And I think we all would have accepted dropped points and inconsistency if there appeared to be a long term plan.

Unfortunately, what we actually have roughly 18 months down the line is short term-ism, no long term plan, overpaid ex-SPL journeyman who seem to gradually get worse the longer they are at the club e.g. Templeton, a grossly overly large squad for the level we are playing at and £m's going out the door every month in wages to average players with no potential sell on value.

We play a French centre half at RB, whilst the RB signed (Foster) to replace the youngsters (McAusland/Mitchell) counts his huge wad whilst sitting on the bench, although he does get a game sometimes when he french CD who normally plays at RB is moved into the holding midfield role!!!!

Read that last para again, you couldn't make this hit up and it looks even worse when you write it down and read it back!!!!

Bottom line, we have the 2nd highest wage bill in the country BUT can anyone honestly say we have anywhere near the 2nd best team to show for it? The lack of interest in any of our players during the recently closed transfer window is a damning verdict on the quality of the current squad.

Why is Lewis Macleod being played on the left, to accomodate Law/Black in the middle?

How much are we paying Steve Simonsen to sit on the bench, could one of the many young keepers on the books have done that?

Why is a guy (Nicky Clark) who scored 40+ goals in this division last season not starting every week and why are we not building an exciting young team around him?

Why couldn't Kane Hemmings get a game for us BUT is banging in the goals in the league above us for Cowdenbeath?

The list of questions about the team/coaching/management etc is almost endless and quite frankly, we are pish and boring as fuck to watch and the imposters in blue jerseys should be ashamed and embaressed to pick up their wad most weeks.

or ...

I can see were you are coming from with a lot of what you are saying. Supporters can get caught up in a game and demand all out attack. However, we just seem to want to dawdle with the ball far too often, or make the wrong or a simply poor pass. With hindsight, we were possibly not as bad on Saturday as I thought at the time (we probably should have scored more), but what the fuck was McCoist thinking with his Little subsitution? I can forgive a lot of things, but that one was right out of the blue. And by Christ did Little have a stinker.

We want to see development, improvement, flair, intelligence - a better brand of football. Since McCoist took over I have not seen any of this (and up until the Annan game last year I was 100% behind him) and the fact that the crowds are getting worse and worse is a warning to the club tells me something is wrong and it appears to be this.

Certain individuals need to buck up their ideas, or simply have one for a change, or they should be asked to vacate the premises.

I said the exact same thing further up the page mate.

Our current coaching staff seem totally and utterly incapable of actually improving any player, whether he is a new signing or a current member of the squad?

Might be weeks, might be months BUT they all eventually start getting worse and playing poorly after signing for us.

Maybe the intensive training/coaching at auchenhowie is causing burn-out?

It's basically the same coaching staff we had under Walter. That's just wrong that players don't improve, a blatant lie.

It's basically the same coaching staff we had under Walter. That's just wrong that players don't improve, a blatant lie.

It's not a blatant lie it's his opinion and one that strikes home as being true

There's no justification for the dross we serve up

It's not a blatant lie it's his opinion and one that strikes home as being true

There's no justification for the dross we serve up

We've had essentially the same coaching staff for over 5 years. Are you trying to tell me that no-one has improved in that time? Even under Ally's tenure, Wallace has improved year on year.

We've had essentially the same coaching staff for over 5 years. Are you trying to tell me that no-one has improved in that time? Even under Ally's tenure, Wallace has improved year on year.

The coaching staff is the same agreed but one man and his methods can change things easily

Wallace is the exception to the rule everyone that was decent that he's signed all regressed after a while - Goian, Law, Black, Shiels, Templeton, Daly

McLeod has turned rubbish since Ally decided he's a left winger same with Little on the right

I have no doubt that wee Aluko would have went the same way too

Moshni is still hanging in there though for me - even if others are turning on him and Nicky Clark before his injury turned from a 40+ goal a season striker and one of the hottest up and comers in Scotland into someone that hardly scores

The coaching staff is the same agreed but one man and his methods can change things easily

Wallace is the exception to the rule everyone that was decent that he's signed all regressed after a while - Goian, Law, Black, Shiels, Templeton, Daly

McLeod has turned rubbish since Ally decided he's a left winger same with Little on the right

I have no doubt that wee Aluko would have went the same way too

Moshni is still hanging in there though for me - even if others are turning on him and Nicky Clark before his injury turned from a 40+ goal a season striker and one of the hottest up and comers in Scotland into someone that hardly scores

Law and Daly haven't been here long enough to judge properly. Black has pretty clearly improved from last year. Templeton and Sheils form has suffered through injury problems. Same with Clark who has scored 8 goals in 16 games despite that, which is in keeping with the 42 goals in 82 appearances he managed with QOTS.

Law and Daly haven't been here long enough to judge properly. Black has pretty clearly improved from last year. Templeton and Sheils form has suffered through injury problems. Same with Clark who has scored 8 goals in 16 games despite that, which is in keeping with the 34 goals in 70 appearances he managed with QOTS.

Tbh if that's your outlook fine but I tink it's excuse making

Clark got 41 goals last season though

Old Pals act by any chance?

Even big Mhosni is getting worse now and he had a magnificent game v Newcastle.

Nicky Law regressing, and I'm yet to be convinced by Cammy Bell over Young Gallagher, cross Balls seem a bit iffy at Times.

Our youngsters need encouraged, not booed at.

It pisses me off.

This journey is testing some of our Fans though.

I'd much rather certain fans would fuck off, as in my eyes they're not real fans of the club. Just spoilt wasters. I received a PM on here from a "fan" and I'll not embarrass him but he said "Its my opinion I want Ally out of there no matter what .Its my opinion but that does not make less of a fan ." Well yes it does. So even if McCoist improved the team beyond our expectations this fan states he'd still want him out.

The fact is SOME, not all of the fans against Ally just hate him, completely and utterly hate the man. I would advise fellow supporters to be extra vigilant with this kind of "supporter" as they are the most damaging to the club. The fans against Ally due to what they see as poor management, fair enough, at least they have a reason to be against him.

These are trying times to be a Rangers supporter, employee and owner. Sad that we do not come together but bicker amongst ourselves. If the split between fans and bickering stop by vacating fans like the type outlined above - I welcome it.

I do not want to be associated with such pig ignorance and stupidity.

I'd much rather certain fans would fuck off, as in my eyes they're not real fans of the club. Just spoilt wasters. I received a PM on here from a "fan" and I'll not embarrass him but he said "Its my opinion I want Ally out of there no matter what .Its my opinion but that does not make less of a fan ." Well yes it does. So even if McCoist improved the team beyond our expectations this fan states he'd still want him out.

The fact is SOME, not all of the fans against Ally just hate him, completely and utterly hate the man. I would advise fellow supporters to be extra vigilant with this kind of "supporter" as they are the most damaging to the club. The fans against Ally due to what they see as poor management, fair enough, at least they have a reason to be against him.

These are trying times to be a Rangers supporter, employee and owner. Sad that we do not come together but bicker amongst ourselves. If the split between fans and bickering stop by vacating fans like the type outlined above - I welcome it.

I do not want to be associated with such pig ignorance and stupidity.

That's one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on here

Less of a fan for wanting what he thinks is a shite manager out the door so we play better football and better results? (I know we've been winning but mean overall in a general sense struggling against teams and abysmal cup records)

That's one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on here

Less of a fan for wanting what he thinks is a shite manager out the door so we play better football and better results? (I know we've been winning but mean overall in a general sense struggling against teams and abysmal cup records)

LOL

Read my post again, seems it went over your head. Perhaps you're too stupid to understand what was said?

Do you honestly think that him saying no matter what includes him turning things around and being the most successful manager ever, for example?

If you want to take a figure of speech like that so literally then maybe your the stupid and ignorant one?

Do you honestly think that him saying no matter what includes him turning things around and being the most successful manager ever, for example?

If you want to take a figure of speech like that so literally then maybe your the stupid and ignorant one?

Listen retard. What was said was taken in the context of the original discussion which you were not a part of. I'm not going to post the full contents for you to investigate.

What a fuckhead

Listen retard. What was said was taken in the context of the original discussion which you were not a part of. I'm not going to post the full contents for you to investigate.

What a fuckhead

Can I take this opportunity to remind you that name calling is not permitted and against forum rules

The last thing I want to do is report you

Thanks in advance

Can I take this opportunity to remind you that name calling is not permitted and against forum rules

The last thing I want to do is report you

Thanks in advance

You called a Rangers legend and current manager McCoist a shite manager, I'm pretty sure that goes way beyond petty name calling for some Rangers fans. Funny how Gogzy appeared as soon as you posted that, I'm pretty sure you did run away to mammy. Even after your post...

Interesting