Advocaat's team

BFerguson6

Aye but hadn't we just came back and beat shelbourne a few days before? :lol: it was a slow start

Aye, we were at that as well. 3-0 down with 25 minutes left. After the Hearts game we struggled at home to Motherwell as well, won with a last minute penalty from Albertz.

My mate would have sacked him after Tynecastle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, we were at that as well. 3-0 down with 25 minutes left. After the Hearts game we struggled at home to Motherwell as well, won with a last minute penalty from Albertz.

My mate would have sacked him after Tynecastle.

Funny enough I watched highlights of the Motherwell game. Some of the football was ridiculous.

Don't know if it was Advocat who signed Rozental but he was being billed as the next Ronaldo I think it was but he got injured and never came back to the player he was.

Was Walter Smith.

I was at the league cup quarters vs St Johnstone when he made his debut. Scored, then never reappeared for second half. When we finally saw him again he looked like he'd eaten Alec Cleland.

Don't know if it was Advocat who signed Rozental but he was being billed as the next Ronaldo I think it was but he got injured and never came back to the player he was.

It was Smith. He looked about 45 when he signed, no was was he 23 or whatever he was supposed to be.

Funny enough I watched highlights of the Motherwell game. Some of the football was ridiculous.

A young Lee McCulloch at 4.05.

Jardel....:drool:

1999-2000 season was the greatest team in my lifetime.

We were a bawhair away from the next stage of the CL and assuming we got the same group Bayern did, we would have got Madrid, Dynamo Kiev and se other pish mob. Bayern topped it, we could easily have got through that stage. Bayern reached the semi's before Madrid (who won it) put them out. I see no reason why we couldn't have went far that season. We played. Bayern off the park home and away and embarrassed the dutch champions twice. The only team that gave us a lesson was Valencia. How Dortmund knocked us out the UEFA Cup that year aswell I'll never know.

I also reckon we could have won the UEFA Cup in ecks first season aswell.

Jardel.... :drool:

We were a bawhair away from the next stage of the CL and assuming we got the same group Bayern did, we would have got Madrid, Dynamo Kiev and se other pish mob. Bayern topped it, we could easily have got through that stage. Bayern reached the semi's before Madrid (who won it) put them out. I see no reason why we couldn't have went far that season. We played. Bayern off the park home and away and embarrassed the dutch champions twice. The only team that gave us a lesson was Valencia. How Dortmund knocked us out the UEFA Cup that year aswell I'll never know.

If we had avoided Parma earlier then I reckon we could have won the UEFA Cup in 98-99.

Jardel.... :drool:

The difference between that season and the next season was ridiculous. I mind being at the Orange Cup final thinking that these days were never going to end, then we just completely collapsed.

The talent in that team was absolutely phenomenal. From the start to the 1999/2000 season til when Mols get injured that's the best football I've ever seen (and probably ever likely to see) at Ibrox.

The midfield alone was incredible. Wee Dick could pick from Reyna, wee Barry, Gio, McCann, Kanchelskis, Tugay and big Albertz.

Also worth bearing in mind that although we should have got out of that Champions League group both Bayern and Valencia reached the semi-finals that season and contested the final the following season. If we had got through that group and had a wee bit of luck then who knows how far we could have gone.

It's just amazing how far that team fell.

1999 - knocked out by UEFA Cup winners.

2000 - knocked out by CL semi finalists, and the season afters winners.

2001 - knocked out by previous seasons UEFA Cup winners

2002 - knocked out by UEFA Cup winners.

2003...we wont got there.

The 2000-2001 group stage was the most annoying, Sturm Graz and Galatasaray ffs. If we still had the confidence of the previous season, we'd have won that group.

1999 - knocked out by UEFA Cup winners.

2000 - knocked out by CL semi finalists, and the season afters winners.

2001 - knocked out by previous seasons UEFA Cup winners

2002 - knocked out by UEFA Cup winners.

The 2000-2001 group stage was the most annoying, Sturm Graz and Galatasaray ffs. If we still had the confidence of the previous season, we'd have won that group.

That night in 2003 was probably one of the noisiest European nights :lol: it was fucking bouncing. Klos nearly won it in the 120th minute

Fuck I'm way out I was talking about zizkov :lol:

Raul Tamudo, if he settled could have been a fantastic player for us. Didn't he fail a medical? We then went on to sign Flo and the rest is history.

no he started greeting in the airport then he either changed his mind at that point or flew to glasgow and then changed his mind

it was hartson that failed the medical before we bought flo, what a disaster that was

as for others, at the time advocaat had a choice between joos valgaeren and bert konterman, wrong again advocaat :(

1999 - knocked out by UEFA Cup winners after battering them.

2000 - knocked out by CL semi finalists, and the season afters winners after battering them.

2001 - knocked out by previous seasons UEFA Cup winners after battering them.

2002 - knocked out by UEFA Cup winners after battering them.