Jump to content

Wallace meetings minutes.


bawsburst
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just like when VB had an "informal" meeting with Stockbridge yet everyone wanted to know what was discussed.

You don't have informal meetings between a CEO and heads of fans groups.

And in any case the same "minutes" were sent out by all three groups despite their being two different meetings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the following some time ago but i assumed it would be posted by others so never bothered to share.

"

The discussion with Graham Wallace went ahead on Saturday and Tam and I spent over an hour with him. The discussion was informal but open and frank. This note gives a summary of the main points that were covered.

To begin with, he asked us to explain a bit of the background to the Assembly and how things had operated over the past period. We highlighted the challenges we have faced especially over the past 2 years and outlined our aim to try and help ensure that fan representation and engagement with the Club going forward is improved significantly and ideally can include, and be seen to include, ALL fans.

He gave a bit of background on himself and said that he felt he had the skills, experience and drive to ensure that the Club returns to its values and is run on the lines that we all expect it should be.

He stated that the biggest challenge for him and the Board is to establish trust and confidence with the fans and he asked us how we felt that could be achieved. We said that the outcomes of his 120-day review and the manner in which they are communicated will be crucial. Fans want to see tangible evidence that the Club is being run professionally at all levels, that the governance and financial management is sound and transparent, that there are plans to grow the business and attract investment, that the playing squad remains competitive and progressive and that the match-day experience is attractive. We also said that open engagement with fans and building strong relationships was crucial and we emphasised that the PR and media outputs from the Club need to be good.

He asked us what the main concerns were for fans and we said:

  • the financial mis-management that has seen the Club go through all the investment and season ticket money;
  • the risk that we are in financial trouble and little sign of things changing;
  • a feeling that the Board is still unstable and has ties to the previous regime;
  • a feeling that the main pre-IPO investors are only there to milk the Club;
  • the role, cost and outputs of Jack Irvine - he seems to be acting for individuals rather than the Club as a whole.

He noted all these points and recognised the concerns. He feels that the Board is functioning well at present and that the business can be stabilised and then move forward. He doesn't think there are any issues to be concerned about with investors and the question of who is behind hedge funds and institutional investor groups is not a worry for him.

He explained that he recognised that there was too much focus on short-term planning previously and said that there needs to be a 5-year plan that covers us getting back to competing with Celtic at the top of the SPL and playing European football and growing the business in line with that plan. He said he needs a bit of time to put the plan in place and changes will need to be made to enable the Club to live within its means.

Overall, he came across positively, seemed to have a clear vision, showed a desire to work with the fans on an ongoing basis, realises the importance of trust between the Club and the fans and wants to address that as a priority. He has clearly given the matter some thought and taken soundings from within the Club and from individuals that have contacted him. He asked us for a view on a model that had a figurehead (ex player?) who was respected by fans and a Fans Board of say 12 representatives. We said that was not a long way away from what we had with the Fighting Fund and the open meetings that were held during that time were always well attended, generated good discussion and usually reached good outcomes so the model can work. We said that being able to engage across the whole fan base and make all fans feel they can have a voice is not easy to achieve but it is something we need to consider and try and find a solution.

He will be meeting representatives from the Association and the Trust later this week and we will take stock then in terms of the next steps and the way forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

surely with all this talk of the club living within it's means, Wallace can see that this will mean that we have to produce youth that will go on to play first team football? there's little money to be made in Scottish football outside of Europe and if we won't be spending big to bring players in, the youth development will be expected to produce. We ceratinly can't hope to buy and sell at a profit as most of the signings are players at the end of their careers in terms of making it outside Scottish Football.

i really hope a full overhaul of the youth system is performed next season and we start to see a lot more of our youth players become greats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was an introductory meeting which is explained in the release. Also states Wallace didn't answer many, if any, questions for various reasons.

What were the questions he couldn't /wouldn't answer and what were his reasons, don't insult fans intelligence by quoting "getting to know" as a get out and then saying the next minute he couldn't/wouldn't answer questions.

It follows questions were asked so what were they, or is it nearer to the truth that groups were told they weren't there to ask questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff.

Lets hope Wallace starts up a proper fans group and the other mickey mouse groups can disband.

The more I hear from wallace, the more I like the cut of his gib.

From what I have heard and been led to believe the recent meetings with the 'current' fans groups are prely courtesy.

The current fans groups/cliques in their various forms and their respective leaders are finished in all but name, their pro-rhebels stance pre-AGM and conduct have made them sine die as far as I am aware.

A new, club-led fan group will be set up to isolate them all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chairman & Secretary from the RST attended I believe. No idea for other 2.

Did Dungwallet write the questions to be asked by them in advance or were they 'wired up' so he didn't feel left out?

What's happening with the hacking/police investigations etc...anyone know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Dungwallet write the questions to be asked by them in advance or were they 'wired up' so he didn't feel left out?

What's happening with the hacking/police investigations etc...anyone know?

He has absolutely zero involvement in the trust anymore. MD went to the police so you would have to ask the police how the investigation is going (tu)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chairman & Secretary from the RST attended I believe. No idea for other 2.

I fear you missed the point, deliberately or otherwise. Why were the participants not revealed at the time? Calls for transparency from the RIFC/RFC boards seem rather hypocritical as a result.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 18 May 2022 19:00 Until 21:00
      0  
      Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers
      Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...