bigotry towards Daly

Johnny Hubbard

Ok then,im not sorry.

Im a proud protestant,unionist and loyalist.

I follow Rangers fc,the team traditionally supported by many who share my beliefs.

I'm a lapsed orangeman and apprentice boy as well as a former band member(DRFB)

I have also taken the Queen's shilling.

I am not ashamed,why should i be?

Im proud of what i am and who i am.

I would rather Rangers were a protestant only team again.

Im sick and tired of people trying to make protestants/loyalists/unionists feel ashamed of our culture.

So if anyone on here thinks that i should feel shame about any of that then that is their problem.

So back to my original point,i'd rather daly wasn't there but he is,so he gets my support when he pulls on that famous blue jersey.

If Rangers were a protestant only team, does that mean that as an atheist, I am also not welcome?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then,im not sorry.

I follow Rangers fc,the team traditionally supported by many who share my beliefs.

Im sick and tired of people trying to make protestants/loyalists/unionists feel ashamed of our culture.

So if anyone on here thinks that i should feel shame about any of that then that is their problem.

So back to my original point,i'd rather daly wasn't there but he is,so he gets my support when he pulls on that famous blue jersey.

Deary me :lol:

Ok then,im not sorry.

I didn't say you should (feel any shame)

Ok then,im not sorry.

You feeling that people make you feel ashamed to be a Prod is a different thing all together. The thing is the acceptance of all cultures and religions is important. So many great Rangers players were Catholic. People like you want acceptance of being one thing, but do not offer the same to others whom are different from you, it's ridiculous.

My dad is catholic, when I was younger I was a prod, I'm now athiest, do you have a problem with me and my dad going to games?

What a backward mentality

You feeling that people make you feel ashamed to be a Prod is a different thing all together. The thing is the acceptance of all cultures and religions is important. So many great Rangers players were Catholic. People like you want acceptance of being one thing, but do not offer the same to others whom are different from you, it's ridiculous.

My dad is catholic, when I was younger I was a prod, I'm now athiest, do you have a problem with me and my dad going to games?

I disagree

I think you are taking UKIP Bear's comment to the extreme; he clearly stated the way he feels and his preferences in life but he also said at the end of his post he would support the players that pull on the famous blue jersey such as big John Daly even if they fell outside his preferrences.

To me that shows he is a man that knows what he is about and what he believes is true in his own heart and sticks to it.

But more than that it shows he knows the rest of the world may not feel the same way and understands that fact and the consequences that go with it.

Far from being backward, I find his post quite mature.

If Rangers were a protestant only team, does that mean that as an atheist, I am also not welcome?

Where did i say that any fan wasn't welcome?

Answer=Nowhere.

Don't think you read my post.

I said i'd support Daly in a blue jersey but i'd rather we were an all protestant team.

I don't have any problem with you going to games with your dad.

I wish your dad the best.

But i despise his church and many of it's teachings.

Where did i say that any fan wasn't welcome?

Answer=Nowhere.

Don't think you read my post.

I said i'd support Daly in a blue jersey but i'd rather we were an all protestant team.

Agree totally with you mate.

You are quite entitled to state your preference with regards who you would wish to play for Rangers just as much as someone is entitled to post exactly how they wish the team would line up or play on a Saturday.

The fact that you ended your original point with the 'I'll support everyone wearing a Rangers jersey' type statement seems to have been willfully ignored by some on here who then decided to spout drivel about whether they were allowed to watch Rangers.

I really wish people would actually read the post they are responding to and have a wee think before posting nonsense.

quis separabit

I think a lot of taigs started threads on here about the flag and such nonsense and the braindead joined in. Where Daly came from should never be an issue he should only be judged on what he brings to the team.

"the braindead joined in"

And then you join in. lol.

I disagree

I think you are taking UKIP Bear's comment to the extreme; he clearly stated the way he feels and his preferences in life but he also said at the end of his post he would support the players that pull on the famous blue jersey such as big John Daly even if they fell outside his preferrences.

To me that shows he is a man that knows what he is about and what he believes is true in his own heart and sticks to it.

But more than that it shows he knows the rest of the world may not feel the same way and understands that fact and the consequences that go with it.

Far from being backward, I find his post quite mature.

That is the way I interpreted his post too CR