The Club's Scouting Network

Robespierre

We hear Ally stating the importance of such a setup a few months ago, since then nothing has happened. If such an undertaking is not taken seriously over the next few months/years, when even a basic model will be pivotal in rebuilding a team for the championship and the premiership, I fear for what our team will look like two/three years down the line.

I hope this is on the agenda of Wallace, as it is something the club desperately needs in order to progress.

Is the importance of such a setup overstated and overestimated in the media, or is it essential to a clubs financial model?

I hope further clarity can be given on the matter in the coming weeks.

Why is it always popping up that the executives wages need cut, and Wallace has stated already that he will be looking at all aspects of what needs done, he has also said that the club needs a scouting system, so that would be probably included in his 120 review

What is stopping it being implemented now?

i watch football of all sorts on tv and you see and hear of managers etc at these games

never once have i heard of mcoist or our coaching staff at games.

surely that is part of their job to go and look at other players.

when you see some of the players that mcall and butcher etc have picked up from the lower leagues in england our coaching staff should be at mid week games there.

after all they are getting paid plenty

Surely if we cut executive wages we would free up enough money to invest in something worthwhile?

out of curiosity.... how much do you think our execs earn... and how much do you think it costs to set up a good scouting system?

Wallace has said he will be looking at things like this in the coming months. Apparently Wallace is a huge fan of youth, so that could be promising.

out of curiosity.... how much do you think our execs earn... and how much do you think it costs to set up a good scouting system?

Wallace has said he will be looking at things like this in the coming months. Apparently Wallace is a huge fan of youth, so that could be promising.

Obviously I can't quote exact figures, but from what is being said about the potential financial shit hole that the club finds itself in, I assume they earn too much for what they do. The money we have lost and continue to loose must be going somewhere, and it isn't going into the footballing side of things.

I also admit that setting up a Scouting Network would come at considerable cost, but it must be achievable even at a basic level. Sending a few scouts to England and having a couple watch the lower leagues would be a start and wouldn't cost too much.

We hear Ally stating the importance of such a setup a few months ago, since then nothing has happened. If such an undertaking is not taken seriously over the next few months/years, when even a basic model will be pivotal in rebuilding a team for the championship and the premiership, I fear for what our team will look like two/three years down the line.

I hope this is on the agenda of Wallace, as it is something the club desperately needs in order to progress.

Is the importance of such a setup overstated and overestimated in the media, or is it essential to a clubs financial model?

I hope further clarity can be given on the matter in the coming weeks.

The poster Bluepeter9 on here works at Murray Park and has his ear to the ground there mate.

Maybe try a pm as I don't think he will discuss it on an open forum

Obviously I can't quote exact figures, but from what is being said about the potential financial shit hole that the club finds itself in, I assume they earn too much for what they do. The money we have lost and continue to loose must be going somewhere, and it isn't going into the footballing side of things.

I also admit that setting up a Scouting Network would come at considerable cost, but it must be achievable even at a basic level. Sending a few scouts to England and having a couple watch the lower leagues would be a start and wouldn't cost too much.

the whole board together are taking less than 700k per year between them all.

Well then one must ponder, "Where's the Moneeeyyy!!!"

read the accounts. Read posts on RM. Its all been accounted for.

someone has been listening to too much propoganda IMO.

plus the fact that pretty much the entire board are different from the guys that spent all the moneeey.

If the figures that have been posted on here previously are accurate, we currently spend over 25 x more on footballing salaries than we do on executives, so I think your premise is a wee bit out of date. I reckon we need to cut footballing costs to generate footballing investment capital.

The money we spent on wages bringing in SPL standard players and Edmiston House could and should have been put towards it, it wasn't and we now have to cut our outgoings

Can't see it happening soon so hopefully we are making full use of our ex players and they are keeping their eyes open for any potential talent overseas.

1 scout would be a start though.

It's becoming like an elephant in the room problem. Everyone is aware of the problem. Everyone can see there is a problem. Its talked about. It's big enough. And the danger is known (theoretically at least).

But no action plan yet from the Board. I guess it will follow after the 120 day review, or maybe as part of it ie need to cut more in 'x' areas in order to help afford the scouting solution. Doing nothing is probably not an option.

I hesitate to think of how we'd progress on the pitch if a 'do nothing' option was taken or if action was delayed. It's one thing standing staring at the elephant and quite another if it starts to move against you - you risk being trampled in the long grass of 'doing nothing' inertia and recovery from that would take a lot longer. Longer than the 'starting to compete' 5 year plan.