Julio Cesar

Noticed that Julio Cesar never moved in the January window, albeit he could go to a South American club, and he still can't even get on the bench at QPR.

Anyone else amazed that he's not pushed through a move somewhere just to be able to play football? He's still Brazil's first choice keeper (I think) yet if he's going to go a whole season without playing how can he remain so for the World Cup? He's a good goalkeeper but QPR obviously don't want him, so it seems like another sad case of a player not wanting to give up whatever stupid wages a club gave him.

QPR can't afford to play him, his wages are a hige stumbling block and he will need to lower his demans significantly if he wants to play for someone to get in the WC squad.

How can they not afford to play him when he's got the contract anyway? Win bonuses etc?

Yeah I heard his contract was made up of a ridiculous appearance fee, not sure about the win bonuses or that but not doubt that's in there too.

Still be quite a drain paying him whatever the weekly wage is, and I think he's got another two years on his contract after this season if he really intends to stay put.

Still be quite a drain paying him whatever the weekly wage is, and I think he's got another two years on his contract after this season if he really intends to stay put.

Could have one of those clauses that the contract goes up after so many games?

He has to move though for his own sake and QPR's, surely he'd say fuck it and just go to SA so he gets to play in the WC?

Could have one of those clauses that the contract goes up after so many games?

He has to move though for his own sake and QPR's, surely he'd say fuck it and just go to SA so he gets to play in the WC?

That's what I'd think, how often do you get the chance to play at a World Cup where your country are the hosts?

Is he not on something mental like 96k a week You would think he would have made a move and taken a pay cut just to ensure he is on the place to Brazil.

He's only 34 too which really isn't old for a keeper these days so why he seems to be content to sit out his deal at QPR is baffling to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Atletico Madrid if they can't seal a permanent deal for Courtorious.

96k a week at QPR in the championship :lol:

That's sheer madness, you have to worry for them if they don't get promoted.

I wasn't sure if that was right so I did a quick google search and got two results.

One said he joined on an 80k a week deal and the other said he joined for 45k a week plus a number of performance related bonuses.

Either way a club like QPR shouldn't be dishing out contracts like that :lol:

I wasn't sure if that was right so I did a quick google search and got two results.

One said he joined on an 80k a week deal and the other said he joined for 45k a week plus a number of performance related bonuses.

Either way a club like QPR shouldn't be dishing out contracts like that :lol:

Pretty sure they still pay some of Remy's wages too.

They simply have to get promotion this season but it's the Championship which I think is one of the hardest division to get out of in Europe.

I remember Boro being tipped to walk it a few years ago when the got Thomson, Boyd, MacDonald ect and they had a shocker of a season!

Pretty sure they still pay some of Remy's wages too.

They simply have to get promotion this season but it's the Championship which I think is one of the hardest division to get out of in Europe.

I remember Boro being tipped to walk it a few years ago when the got Thomson, Boyd, MacDonald ect and they had a shocker of a season!

Leicester seem to have the league sown up unless they have a massive collapse, still all to play for in 2nd.

Play-offs are possible too but always a bit of a lottery.

Is he not on something mental like 96k a week You would think he would have made a move and taken a pay cut just to ensure he is on the place to Brazil.

He's only 34 too which really isn't old for a keeper these days so why he seems to be content to sit out his deal at QPR is baffling to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Atletico Madrid if they can't seal a permanent deal for Courtorious.

Atletico seem to prefer younger keepers, De Gea, Courtois etc, possible though.

96k a week ffs. :lol:

Atletico seem to prefer younger keepers, De Gea, Courtois etc, possible though.

96k a week ffs. :lol:

Atletico would have had some team if they didn't have to become a selling club of sorts.

De Gea

Torres (when he was good)

Aguero

It's a shame some teams can't keep their players for a decent period of time to build something of note.

Atletico would have had some team if they didn't have to become a selling club of sorts.

De Gea

Torres (when he was good)

Aguero

It's a shame some teams can't keep their players for a decent period of time to build something of note.

Indeed, although they seem to have moved forward after selling those players rather than collapse