How Long....

The Godfather

Would you accept us to go in the top flight before we are seriously challenging for the title (I mean taking it down to the wire and not being out of it with 10 or so games to go).

I myself think no matter the manager now it’s going to be a tough challenge in the first few years looking at how we have went so far. Much of it depends on investment as we will not be getting any European income of note until we win the Premiership (CL) so much of the money will need to come from investment and shrewd business in the markets for bringing in players and selling for some profits.

The way we are just now with no scouting network of any note and investment seeming a long way away currently I think our first 2 years will be trying to steady our ship and get things in action like our scouting and recruitment, I’d hope in our 3rd year we would be ready to mount a decent challenge. However if we did get the above things sorted before we made the Premiership then maybe this would be sped up and a challenge would be much sooner?

I know some people expect us to challenge from the word go but I honestly can’t see it in our first year or even second unless major changes are made and done so in the next 18 months.

What are your views on it?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if we got the right manager in now, it wouldnt take as long as people think it would.

Unfortunately though, it wont happen, so i fear it will be 12 to 18 months of Ally failure followed by another 18-30 months of new guy building up. (tu)

I do though believe a good new manager will guarantee us 2nd whereas Ally wont. (tu)

Would expect a challenge in our second year on our return to the top flight.

But impossible to say at the moment it depends what squad we have when the 2015 / 2016 season kicks off (tu)

Yeah much depends on what happenes with Investment and such but just trying to gauge the expectations in general.

I don't think we are going to throw millions at it in any scenario given the troubles of the past.

One year to see something different from Ally, even if we don't finish second I want to see better football and how he handles being up against teams with better players. If we don't see anything different he should go, he's had long enough and the long term future of Rangers is more important than making Ally a better manager.

immediately. I will never accept 2nd best that is not the Rangers way.

I understand this but do you not think that's putting huge pressure on Ally or whoever it is to expect such a thing in our first attempt given our players will have been playing at a lower level for a few years?

As bawsburst quite rightly says. 10 in a row must be not allowed to happen. We need to start implementing changes between now and next summer. Dukebox seems to be doing a good job of the u20's but its the transition into the 1st team thats the problem. How can we command fees for youth players or young imports if they either arent mentally or physically coached for top team football? We then become reliant on a sugar daddy to bail us out again.

Change must happen

With things staying roughly as they are at the moment we are miles away from realistically challenging - and i dont mean beating the rest and being second - I mean being in the hunt come end of season.

While I dont like it, I cant see as being in the hunt the first year - maybe the second if we get our act together, get some investment etc.

However, Cellic are cutting their cloth at the moment and i would expect investment on their side when we do get back, which we are going to have to face up to - so they may walk it the first couple of years as we try and build a team to compete.

The way things are going we'll be bottom 6 without some real investment in the club. We'll probobly see a leavue or scottish cup win before the title.

Next season could be tough unless we get some high earners who contribute little out of the club.

I'd say we could challenge in 3-4 years.

Yeah well I don't share his views but time will tell on that one.

You can't IMO just flick a switch and instantly start playing up a few gears just like that.

course you can't and I don't agree with Lee McCulloch either but the stupid tits just thrown that comment out there and it'll come back to bite us on the arse. Journos will have it diarised for 2 years time to bring back up when we're not sitting top after 3 games.

However, Cellic are cutting their cloth at the moment and i would expect investment on their side when we do get back, which we are going to have to face up to - so they may walk it the first couple of years as we try and build a team to compete.

I think this too, they don't need to spend just now and are raking in money from selling overhyped average players to England and getting CL money.

That alone leaves us miles behind, our best bet is to get our recruitment set up spot on and hope to bring in some real talent for low money, a hard thing to do though.

As bawsburst quite rightly says. 10 in a row must be not allowed to happen. We need to start implementing changes between now and next summer. Dukebox seems to be doing a good job of the u20's but its the transition into the 1st team thats the problem. How can we command fees for youth players or young imports if they either arent mentally or physically coached for top team football? We then become reliant on a sugar daddy to bail us out again.

Change must happen

spot on but we won't be the ones to stop 10 in a row. We struggle against the teams we play in League 1 - the scum are undefeated against a higher level of players. We need to stop believing this pish excuse that we are struggling because the opposition played well or their scrappy play hinders us - we should be stomping these teams into the pitch and steamrolling them with scores of 4 goals up each and every game. Time ot face facts - we are not up to the standard required to place top 4 in the SPL and unless we spend a lot on a scouting system, change the youth system, the tactics and ultimately the manager - we are doomed to mediocrity. And as loyal follower says, a sugardaddy (King) is not the answer - Murray played that role before and look where we ended up.

spot on but we won't be the ones to stop 10 in a row. We struggle against the teams we play in League 1 - the scum are undefeated against a higher level of players. We need to stop believing this pish excuse that we are struggling because the opposition played well or their scrappy play hinders us - we should be stomping these teams into the pitch and steamrolling them with scores of 4 goals up each and every game. Time ot face facts - we are not up to the standard required to place top 4 in the SPL and unless we spend a lot on a scouting system, change the youth system, the tactics and ultimately the manager - we are doomed to mediocrity. And as loyal follower says, a sugardaddy (King) is not the answer - Murray played that role before and look where we ended up.

we won 9 in a row.

This begs the question. if 10 in a row cant be allowed to happen - would we be happy to be £18Million in debt to avoid it?

we won 9 in a row.

This begs the question. if 10 in a row cant be allowed to happen - would we be happy to be £18Million in debt to avoid it?

No.

I'd never want my kids to go through what I did during Administration.

The life of the club is far more important than any title(s) they may win.

If they get 10 then we will strive to get 11.

We MUST never go down the same debt route ever again.