Terry and England

Was reading the BBC article on it and most seem to think it's a no brainer to have him go to Brazil.

What do you think?

Chelsea have the best defensive record so far in the EPL and together with Cahill who he would also be playing with IF he returned it would be a great option.

Would Terry go though and would Roy offer to take him?

Absolute no brainer, even if you stick by the Cahill and Jagielka partnership that has formed over the last year or so the options aren't great if they get injured etc so Terry would be a fantastic addition to the squad, he's had a real revival under Jose.

Roy may ask but I couldn't see him accepting, doubt he can forgive how the FA acted over the Anton Ferdinand stuff

Terry is the best english centre half in the country at the moment , by a distance . However the baggage & history of the situation with the ban for racism means its just not going to happen . The FA will not play a player for the national team whose been banned for racist language despite the fact he was acquitted at magistrates court that's before the issues of the relationship between the player and national manager are considered and the potential problems that will be probably be raised by the media, pressure groups and players of ethnicity. Before you even consider how terry feels how he was treated .

From purely a footballing point of view I'd say it's a no brainer but the other factors means its never going to happen

No brainer to me. Jagielka & Cahill are certainties to go but after that you've got what Smalling, Lescott, Dawson, Jones, Taylor if any of them were left out you wouldn't think "fuck that's a shocker would you?"

I would take Cahill, Jagielka, Terry & probably Jones purely becauase he's likely to be around the squad for the next decade and needs the experience.

Centre half is the area where nobody is staking a real claim in the way that guys like Lallana, Rodriquez, Huddlestone & Johnson are in the positions further up the park.

Terry is playing well because of Chelsea's system, especially when they sit deep. They have the quality to make it work. Does England?

I think England have enough pace in attack to pull it off. Welbeck, Rooney and Sturridge could be a good counter-attacking front three which would allow them to sit deeper.

Hodgsons teams aren't exactly renowned for a fast tempo high pressing game so I would yes they probably do.

Just because they aren't known for a fast tempo high pressing game, that doesn't mean they are any good at defensive counter-attacking football either. Again, I ask, do England have the quality players to play that game?

Just because they aren't known for a fast tempo high pressing game, that doesn't mean they are any good at defensive counter-attacking football either. Again, I ask, do England have the quality players to play that game?

I think he would fit in well in Englands system, his positional sense is second to none and relying on pace is something Terry has never done.

With Cahill beside him he has someone with the legs to cover any danger while the understadning together can only help England.

Chelsea don't always play the way they did on Monday night either, they have switched it about a few times and on those occasions both have done well when paired together.

Last season Terry looked spent, but with a manager coming back who plays him and believes in him you again can see he is the best defender in England by some distance.

I think he would fit in well in Englands system, his positional sense is second to none and relying on pace is something Terry has never done.

With Cahill beside him he has someone with the legs to cover any danger while the understadning together can only help England.

Chelsea don't always play the way they did on Monday night either, they have switched it about a few times and on those occasions both have done well when paired together.

Last season Terry looked spent, but with a manager coming back who plays him and believes in him you again can see he is the best defender in England by some distance.

Part of the reason Terry and Cahill have been so good, in my opinion, is that Ivanovic has been in outstanding form defensively.

As for your last sentence, that's part of why I would be concerned. Hodgson is not Mourinho. He is certainly no Mourinho as far as man management with Terry is concerned :lol:

Terry was very good for England at Euro 2012 imo

It's not a question of whether or not Terry will be good individually for England, it's whether England will be successful having to fit him in. On form alone of course he should be going to Brazil.

Part of the reason Terry and Cahill have been so good, in my opinion, is that Ivanovic has been in outstanding form defensively.

As for your last sentence, that's part of why I would be concerned. Hodgson is not Mourinho. He is certainly no Mourinho as far as man management with Terry is concerned :lol:

That is true, although going forward (Monday night apart) Ivan is horrible :lol:

Yeah Jose has played a huge part in his revival but you would like to think his form could be taken over to Brazil.

Can't see it though as I doubt Roy would ask and Terry might not risk the media circus again.

That is true, although going forward (Monday night apart) Ivan is horrible :lol:

Yeah Jose has played a huge part in his revival but you would like to think his form could be taken over to Brazil.

Can't see it though as I doubt Roy would ask and Terry might not risk the media circus again.

I like Ivanovic just being a solid defender tbh.

If I was a manager that's what I would probably for for too, one full back who is sound defensively and one who is a lot more attack minded.

It's almost what we had under Smith with Hutton/Whittaker and Papac and it's why this fantasy that people have about Hutton & Wallace as our full backs doesn't really appeal to me all that much.

If I was a manager that's what I would probably for for too, one full back who is sound defensively and one who is a lot more attack minded.

It's almost what we had under Smith with Hutton/Whittaker and Papac and it's why this fantasy that people have about Hutton & Wallace as our full backs doesn't really appeal to me all that much.

I understand why he plays as he is a rock solid defender and at set pieces he is a threat. He is one of the top open play scorers in England (defenders wise).

I just wish he could cross a ball :lol:

It's fine to play two attacking full backs if you have someone in midfield that can drop back a la Busquets at Barcelona.

It's not a question of whether or not Terry will be good individually for England, it's whether England will be successful having to fit him in. On form alone of course he should be going to Brazil.

End of the day I think form is the most important issue, especially with a distinct lack of good CB options

I suppose if you wanted to go down a Chelsea kind of route for them the below would be an option albeit not a tested or tried one.

------------Hart----------

Johnston---Cahill--Terry----Baines

-------Gerrard----Barry---

Sturridge-----Wilshere-----Lallana

-------------Rooney----------