Genuine question about signing Daly?

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion signing a player from r.o.i while were climbing the leagues is good move,proving to doubters and potential investers that no matter your background if you give 100% the gers fans will support you.living in england like me it is easier to win friends and arguments with facts....Rangers have the most patriotic and royalist support in Britain.[ill informed englishman]but you dont play any R.Cs.[me] our c.f is from dublin mate,so who do you prefer the anti english poppy haters.,who support any one who has a grieviance with Britain.or the boys in red white and blue who are proud to support our troops, support our queen and proudly fly our union flag.supplied with the facts there decision is easy.[unless their granny is a tatty muncher]

He's a big lump of pish tbh.

When you can't score every single week in these divisions then it tells you all you need to know about a striker/front man.

In terms of Ally's football he was a decent signing but if we actually want to play football on the deck and not bore our support into submission then this guy won't be playing.

Not as bad as Mo Jo or Miller coming back that I agree with.

Had no problems with him joining and still don't.

Daly's issue is not his skill, he has the attributes to shine but for whatever reason McCoist doesn't utilise him that way. Most of his service is from his own half lumped up when he is usually 2 v 1.

He has more to his game but is asked to perform the battering ram role. Which to the big mans credit, he works hard for the team and follows his orders.

No complaints from me.

I will always hope rangers sign the best player they can no matter where they are from, or what religion they follow, or who they have played for in the past, sadly this person wasn't the best we could of got in my opinion.

Was it not Fernando Ricksen who said "When you come to Glasgow and put on that blue jersey, you automatically become a PROTESTANT! If you can't accept that then don't sign for the club". As far as I'm concerned Big Jon is a Rangers player like all the rest. Everything else comes behind that.

:rangers:

He has done well for us and we should be glad, he is a proven goal scorer/creator something we had lacked and interestingly when he is on an off day the fans comment on our lack of penetration so it shows the job he does and it also allows the youngsters a geniune opportunity to play without pressure and tension That should be our main focus

Had no problems with him joining and still don't.

Daly's issue is not his skill, he has the attributes to shine but for whatever reason McCoist doesn't utilise him that way. Most of his service is from his own half lumped up when he is usually 2 v 1.

He has more to his game but is asked to perform the battering ram role. Which to the big mans credit, he works hard for the team and follows his orders.

No complaints from me.

This. He's a top player, and far more than just the big target man that some on here portray him as. It's the way he's being utilised. Anyone who saw him at DU would know there's far more to his game than that.

As for him being Irish, it's not an issue. Anyone who thinks it is needs to get a fucking grip of themselves.

Also my mate used to play football with a Dundee Utd fan who'd named his daughter Daly. Whatever happens, he's enjoying this less than you are.