Memories

1st_Jan_1994

First

Attended a Rangers game. Vaguely remember being in the centenary stand watching us play Aberdeen. First one I have a clear recollection of is John Greigs testimonial.

Attended a cup final. Can't clearly remember but would have been in the Greig management days

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy. See above

First game that made you cry. Beating Leeds at Elland Road.

First Old Firm game. At Parkhead and we lost

First old firm victory. Can't remember.

First old firm at Parkhead. See above

First European away. Barcelona in the CL

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy. Pittodrie .

First Game - 1968 or 1969 beat Hearts on a Wednesday night 3-2. Three nil up at one point.

First Cup Final - 1970 Glasgow Cup. Beat Clyde 2-0 at Ibrox with Colin Stein scoring both goals.

First winning Cup Final - as above.

First Old Firm Game - League Cup Final 1975 where we won 1-0 with Alex MacDonald scoring the goal.

First winning Old Firm Game - as above.

First trip to piggery - 1979 . Wednesday night and we lost 1-0 to a last minute goal. Ian Redford had a goal disallowed in his first of game.

First Away European Game - 1982 on a preseason tournament in Belgium. Remember helping team to lift hamper baskets onto bus.

First League Championship - not until 1989 I think , beating Hearts 4-0.

First

Attended a Rangers game; Around 1979

Attended a cup final; 1986

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy; 1986

First game that made you cry; Gazza 8 iar

First Old Firm game; 1986

First old firm victory; 1986

First old firm at Parkhead; 1986

First European away; Home games only, had to call off a Germany trip at the last minute. :(

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy; 1987

The Gazza 8-in-a-row was certainly the first time I cried tears of joy and elation. It was so emotional that season... that game... and now I can't even remember exactly why. By that I mean I think I remember stronger emotions that day than the clinching game the next year.

The first time I cried because of football pain and deflation would have undoubtedly been a Scotland game.

Take your pick... The 0-0 vs Uruguay in 86. Tears of rage! The 5-0 drubbing v Portugal when Gough retired and McCoist broke his leg. The 3-0 hammering from Morocco in 1998.

When McAllister missed the penalty at Wembley I cried for a very short time... until Gazza scored and then I hurled abuse at him. So, the same daft Geordie genius made me laugh and sing and cry and rage all in the same year.

As Charlie Miller may have said: "Hey, Gazzzzar... Y'tryn' tae bam me up, ya dick?"

Attended a Rangers game 1983 dundee utd won 2-0

Attended a cup final 1987 V Aberdeen 3-3 won on penalties

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy As Above

First game that made you cry

First Old Firm game 1988 5-1 v celtic... Ian Andrews had a disaster :lol:

First old firm victory As above

First old firm at Parkhead 1992 1-0 Durrant

First European away Marseille

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy 1989

That's a belter of a first Old Firm! :thumbup:

Wiiiiiiillllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssssss (tu)

I wasn't there. I remember the commentary however.

Archie followed up with "a goal made in England..." Because Butcher had headed on a Gary Stevens throw-in for Wilkins to... BOOM...!

First game 1974 v Motherwell won 3-0.

First old firm league decider 1979 at Parkhead felt empty after it.

First old firm win at Parkhead Alex Miller last kick of the ball.

First cup final league cup final v Aberdeen won 2-1 Colin Jackson and Doddie.

League win Pittodrie 1987.

Andrews scarcely moved.

'Blocked by McCarthey, ther's McCoist!'.... another one that sticks in the mind from that game. I always liked Brown as a commentator.

Attended a Rangers game: 95 or 96ish vs Motherwell, I was just a pup.

Attended a cup final: Orange Day vs Aberdeen.

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy: ^

First game that made you cry: Losing to Dhims probably.

First Old Firm game: 2004? Prso and Averladze!

First old firm victory: ^

First old firm at Parkhead: Never been, no desire to go to that dump.

First European away: Manchester.

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy: Killie 2011.

Honourable mention of being at the CIS cup final 2011, what a day!

First

1st game 1963 Rangers 5 QOTs 2

1st cup final 1966 king kai

1st cry 1967 CWC Final v Bayern

1st OF game 1963 LC section Rangers 3 scum 0

1st OF win at piggary 1969 scum 2 Gers 4 (shouldve been about 8 that day)

1st away Euro game 1968 v Leeds (beat 2 nil but what a night!)

1st league trophy 1975 at Easter Rd (hardly missed a game for 12 yrs and was my best day ever as a fan)

First

1st game 1963 Rangers 5 QOTs 2

1st cup final 1966 king kai

1st cry 1967 CWC Final v Bayern

1st OF game 1963 LC section Rangers 3 scum 0

1st OF win at piggary 1969 scum 2 Gers 4 (shouldve been about 8 that day)

1st away Euro game 1968 v Leeds (beat 2 nil but what a night!)

1st league trophy 1975 at Easter Rd (hardly missed a game for 12 yrs and was my best day ever as a fan)

Your age is telling lol only 8??? I love optimism

First

Attended a Rangers game

-- In 1976, a dull 0-0 game v Dundee Utd. Rangers had already won the league, and Utd needed a point to stay up. The only thing of note was Hamish McAlpine hitting the bar with a penalty and then having to sprint all the way back to his goal.

Attended a cup final

In 1979 v Hibs. 0-0

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy

Second replay of the above final v Hibs. Arthur Duncan scored an own goal in extra time to make it 3-2 to Rangers.

First game that made you cry

v CSKA Moscow in our first CL season. We just came up a little bit short.

First Old Firm game

A 1-0 defeat at Ibrox around 1980. Charlie Nicholas Scored the only goal.

First old firm victory

A 1-0 win in the early 80s Jim Bett scored a penalty.

First old firm at Parkhead

A 3-3 draw in the early 80s.

First European away

Not been to a European away game.

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy

v St Mirren in Souness' first season.

'Blocked by McCarthey, ther's McCoist!'.... another one that sticks in the mind from that game. I always liked Brown as a commentator.

Watched that so many times and agree commentary was great. Sounded like Brown was loving it as much as us. I know he went to work for them but I reckon he's a blue nose.

Watched that so many times and agree commentary was great. Sounded like Brown was loving it as much as us. I know he went to work for them but I reckon he's a blue nose.

Mibbees. His voice was just perfect for it. My favourite commentator by far. Shame he fucked that up by going to the mhanks.

This is my favourite commentary of his. 'You could have driven a bus through the Celtic defence'.

Brilliant. Bumbling billy wasn't the best though. I remember listening to that match like it was yesterday on the radio at my gramps house. He happens to be a mhanky type so that was good. :pipe:

First

Attended a Rangers game - Thistle Away 1978 beat 2 1

Attended a cup final - Dundee Utd 0 0 Redford missed penalty last minute

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy - Dundee Utd 1 0 1984 Ferguson scored

First game that made you cry - SCF against them when they stole the throw in and scored, was 16 and was sure we would pump them

First Old Firm game - 1980 Ibrox 3 0 Beast and wee John scored

First old firm victory - As above

First old firm at Parkhead - can't remember if 86 or 87 drew 1 1 think Coop scored

First European away - Juventus away pumped

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy - Was at Pittodrie when we won it then presentation week after iirc

First

Attended a Rangers game; Borussia Dortmund CWC QF 1967 King Kai scored the opener!

Attended a cup final: 1971 League Cup, DJ scored the only goal and winner.

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy: as above, although Scottish Cup Final 1973 is my all-time favourite game.

First game that made you cry: East Fife Ramsden Cup 1st Round 2012/13 in the Copeland Rd end, sun was shining directly into my eyes!

First Old Firm game: New Year 1971 remembered for all the wrong reasons, in the enclosure with my Dad and Granddad, Granddad went back in to help.

First old firm victory: can't really remember late sixties early seventies!

First old firm at Parkhead: Season 1975/76 Big Jock’s first treble winning year.

First European away: CWC Final 1972 Barcelona.

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy: Easter Road 1975 there was 36 thousand in ER that day!

Attended a Rangers game - 1976 Cup Final v Hearts (3-1)

Attended a cup final - as above

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy - as above

First game that made you cry - I'm hardy and don't cry but Fiorentina night was a bit special

First Old Firm game 0-0 August 1993 at them

First old firm victory 1-0 LC SF 1993 - Hateley goal after Huistra had been sent off (10 men did it again, tra la la la la)

First old firm at Parkhead - as above 1993 game - big Dunc and Hateley played up front together (awful)

First European away - not been away but Manchester counts surely??

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy 1993-94 - won it with a few games to go, stinking run to end and then lost cup final to DU.

Attended a Rangers game - 1975 1 - 1 Colin Stein, away to hibs to win the League.

Attended a cup final -1978 League Cup 2 - 1 Davie Cooper, Gordon Smith v mhanks.

Attended a cup final we won/first trophy - see above

First game that made you cry No Surrender.

First Old Firm game -1977 2 - 2 Derek Parlane double Ibrox.

First old firm victory -1978 3 - 1 Gordon Smith, John Greig, Derek Parlane Ibrox.

First old firm at Parkhead -1977 1 - 1 Derek Johnstone.

First European away - Never been away in Europe :( apart from Manchester final, only in the city not the ground, going to the next one though. :)

First time you were in the ground to see us witness the league trophy - See first question.