Chris Burke?

thing is werent villa interested in him? or was that only when he was free? i think that feindouno character can play on the right wing and could be a possible option as a replacment. I know furman can play there aswell.

I'd like to see us keep burke, purely as he has potential, one more season to prove himself.. then gtf

Novo must go imo. Burkes a sub, that can come on and offer something different, but thats all.. i'd like a first team right sided midfielder in, then burkes attitude might change, and try push for it.

Must be hard for a guy, trying to get motivated for games, when your whole family are tims and you play for the mighty gers. Might be easier to ship him off, he'd probably be good down south in the championship.

I'd like to keep Burke on as well. I still have hopes that he'll come good after putting the distraction of last year behind him. When all is said and done, he did sign for Rangers when his family support the Dark Side, so for that alone I'll continue to support him and hope he can reclaim the form he's capable of.

Novo provides an easy option for the manager because he will sacrifice himself for the team by tracking back,harrying and tackling which Burke cannot be bothered doing.

Hutton has gained from Novo's workrate and attitude and Novo has a high assist rate albeit at the expense of strike rate.The tactic of restricting him to a wide position gives that result. Personally I would prefer him to play up with Boyd in a dual strikeforce rather than have Barry starting in that position and reverting to a midfield role after a few minutes.

I think you make an excellent point about Hutton benefiting from having Novo playing at RM.

It just begs the question: If we sign a new RM in the summer who is more of a Burke than a Novo, then will we see the old Alan Hutton that nobody wanted here resurface again?

I think you make an excellent point about Hutton benefiting from having Novo playing at RM.

It just begs the question: If we sign a new RM in the summer who is more of a Burke than a Novo, then will we see the old Alan Hutton that nobody wanted here resurface again?

I think Hutton will continue to improve.

I hope that is case too! :locked:

IMO half the reason why Hutton's was hampered was actually down to Burke.

Check out the last season's first OF game. McGeady gets forward on several occasions and Hutton is caught out of position or left badly exposed. Why is this? Mostly because Burke has given the ball away and refused to track back. He never works in tandem with a RB and he cannot deliver a decent first cross. Yet, in later games (when Chris isn't playing) McNedy spends most the 90 mins in Hutton's pocket.

At least Hutton and Novo work well together and seem to have some understanding. It is a football TEAM after all!

I've seen Burke have one or two of the best games of his career in Europe last season. In one particular match he was awesome, (don't ask me which one). But due to his complete lack of any other contribution he's under heavy criticism especially now after signing the new contract.

One flaw which didn't seem relevant in the above games where he excelled is his lack of real pace for a winger. He has the trickery but for me he's showing just how slow he is when failing so many times to beat his opponent.

Comparison:

Ivan Sproule (whom I think is a good player but not awesome): Shows determination, speed, agility, average to good crossing, proven he can score goals and is probably on half Burkes wage possibly a quarter of it .

Burke: Great for the youths and reserves, started well, One great game in Europe, fk all since. 8k a week, maybe 12...

Sproule Edit: I should add (although this isn't entirely important to some of you but is to me), he's a mad Rangers fan as are his whole family

I've seen Burke have one or two of the best games of his career in Europe last season. In one particular match he was awesome, (don't ask me which one). But due to his complete lack of any other contribution he's under heavy criticism especially now after signing the new contract.

One flaw which didn't seem relevant in the above games where he excelled is his lack of real pace for a winger. He has the trickery but for me he's showing just how slow he is when failing so many times to beat his opponent.

Comparison:

Ivan Sproule (whom I think is a good player but not awesome): Shows determination, speed, agility, average to good crossing, proven he can score goals and is probably on half Burkes wage possibly a quarter of it .

Burke: Great for the youths and reserves, started well, One great game in Europe, fk all since. 8k a week, maybe 12...

Sproule Edit: I should add (although this isn't entirely important to some of you but is to me), he's a mad Rangers fan as are his whole family

A fair post, Ted, but you've only underlined the fundamental flaw in Burke's game: inconsistency and slowness. He's not alone in that respect but Rangers do not play Inter-Milan, Bayern Munich, Ajax or even Celtic every week. We are facing ICT, Killie, M'well, Falkirk and Aberdeen, that's were most the points were frittered away, and that's were Burke put in some of his worst performances.

Before Lovenkrands lost interest, but gained a new contract, his best asset against the hammer throwers and hackers at the bottom end of the table (all parts of the table?) was speed. If they can't catch you then they cannot kick you. Burke is put out the game with a hard tackle, he lacks both the body strength and the pace, he is injury prone and has fitness issues.

For the record, I'd like to see Sproule or even Adam Hammill (fat chance) signed. We might be taking a risk with IS but at least he's shown he can survive in what is an aggressive and physically demanding league. Burke has his chance and why he was given a new contract is beyond me :wtf: :unsure: