I'd have bet on Ibrox not being picked for League Cup final

North Rd

Well said Ally, he and more importantly, the club. Should be highlighting and complaining when their blatant corruption is pushed in our faces.

Is it really blatant corruption?

2 games at Ibrox - 2 Scottish Cup Semi's

2 games at the Piggery - 2 Finals

2 games at Easter Road - League Cup Semi & Ramsdens Final

1 game at Tyncastle - League Cup Semi

Choose your battles wisely

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view has somewhat cooled on this upon reflection.

As has been previously pointed out, we have been given 2 Neutral Cup games and the same goes with the other mhob. This wont be on a per ticket sold basis as it will simply be a rental agreement for the entire ground.

If they had given us a 3rd game v their 1 game then it was going to leave the governing bodies open to bigger claims of bias in my opinion. (tu)

This does not take into account how daft it is to have it either ground incidentally or to name the semi-final and final grounds months in advance before knowing who is even playing in the games. (tu)

I'd imagine they will get more for a final. It'd be interesting to see the payments.

Spot on

We are getting as paranoid as the taigs

My view has somewhat cooled on this upon reflection.

As has been previously pointed out, we have been given 2 Neutral Cup games and the same goes with the other mhob. This wont be on a per ticket sold basis as it will simply be a rental agreement for the entire ground.

If they had given us a 3rd game v their 1 game then it was going to leave the governing bodies open to bigger claims of bias in my opinion. (tu)

This does not take into account how daft it is to have it either ground incidentally or to name the semi-final and final grounds months in advance before knowing who is even playing in the games. (tu)

If the semi final and final are attracting the same funding then I would agree.

Surely they could have figures out that both finals regardless would have been requiring a decent sized stadium to host.

They should have given a semi final and a final each to Rangers and Celtic to keep it even.

Ally McCoist has quipped he would have bet on Ibrox not being chosen by the SPFL as the venue for the 2014 Scottish League Cup final.

Celtic Park will host the fixture on March 16, with Aberdeen taking on Inverness Caledonian Thistle for the trophy.

Asked if he was surprised his club's ground had been overlooked for the occasion, McCoist replied: "Not surprised at all.

"I did say to the chief executive that if we were allowed to bet, which of course we are not, get a few quid on the cup final not being at Ibrox.

"I just didn't think it would be. It was my own opinion.

"I think obviously Neil [Doncaster], or indeed whoever is running the SPFL, made the decision and they'll stick by it."

In an interview with STV on Wednesday, SPFL chief executive Doncaster said Ibrox couldn't be used because it was likely a live game would be played at the ground the day before, causing logistical problems for television companies.

McCoist refuted that suggestion, saying: "I've worked with television long enough that I know these boys are unbelievable at their job in terms of de-rigging and setting up for games.

"Come on. That doesn't wash with me and I don't think it washes with you either."

http://sport.stv.tv/...ague-cup-final/

Ally's getting an appetite for this sort of stuff.

Glad to see that. It needs to be said.

Why 2 finals Vs 2 semis?

Absolutely. But a wee comment that highlights any possible bias can add to the pressure when the next more serious injustice comes along, as it surely will, can only be a good thing.

Others were keen to claim bias and got referees bullied out of the game.

Why 2 finals Vs 2 semis?

Absolutely. But a wee comment that highlights any possible bias can add to the pressure when the next more serious injustice comes along, as it surely will, can only be a good thing.

Others were keen to claim bias and got referees bullied out of the game.

Why 2 semi's vs 2 finals?

From what I've read the Tims are doing a refurb job for the Commonwealth and it was due to begin on the Monday after the last day of the Season, they needed early notice to postpone it so the SFA gave them the Cup Final as its the biggest venue and I believe gave us the 2 semi's as to show their was no bias.

As for the Final of the League Cup, Doncaster said yesterday that the Rangers/Dunfermline game is likely to be chosen for TV that weekend and due to the set up of equipment its unrealistic to expect SKY/BT Sport pack up their gear and for the BBC to then have the time to set their equipment up before the loss of daylight, TV companies generally like to be set up 24 hours before kick off and go through hours of run-throughs to make sure everything is running perfectly, I'd imagine for a Cup Final a broadcaster might be extra vigilant.

If we got this Final and as a consequence our game with Dunfermline got moved to the Tuesday/Wednesday night then we would have loads of Bears on here pretty pissed off that we screwed the fans over for the SPFL Shilling

I wouldn't think the payment would be more, they'll have a fixed payment for the use of the grounds.

The SFA and SPFL pick up all the costs so there would be no apparent reason to pay more for renting the ground for a different stage. (tu)

You'd think so. I'd like to be sure though. I don't trust the SFA or the SPFL. Regardless, I'm still annoyed that the mhanks will be getting the two higher profile matches.

Doesn't sound as bad when you see it like that., I wasn't bothering my hole anyway but nothing wrong with a wee sly dig.

There is also a prestige aspect of holding a national final which isn't there with a semi final and I'm sure most bears wouldn't have minded a game being rescheduled if they knew extra finance was coming into the club.

The location of the this final has been announced 38 days before the match day of the final.

The location of the SC final could be named after each semi has been played as there is a 34 day gap until the match day of the final.

If they had waited to name the location of the SC final until after the semi finals were played then this would ensure there is no home advantage for the old firm.

I see this as favouritism towards the scum and feel we are getting treated with contempt similar to the contempt that GCC is treating us with the CG.

It is official we have been shafted to the back of the bus by all and sundry.

in reality it means feck all. we get the same amount of money for the 2 semi finals as they get for the 2 finals.

honestly its no big deal in my opinion

And you know this for a fact? I'd have thought the tattie munchers would have been paid more for the more prestigious events.