I'd have bet on Ibrox not being picked for League Cup final

North Rd

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why 2 semi's vs 2 finals?

From what I've read the Tims are doing a refurb job for the Commonwealth and it was due to begin on the Monday after the last day of the Season, they needed early notice to postpone it so the SFA gave them the Cup Final as its the biggest venue and I believe gave us the 2 semi's as to show their was no bias.

As for the Final of the League Cup, Doncaster said yesterday that the Rangers/Dunfermline game is likely to be chosen for TV that weekend and due to the set up of equipment its unrealistic to expect SKY/BT Sport pack up their gear and for the BBC to then have the time to set their equipment up before the loss of daylight, TV companies generally like to be set up 24 hours before kick off and go through hours of run-throughs to make sure everything is running perfectly, I'd imagine for a Cup Final a broadcaster might be extra vigilant.

If we got this Final and as a consequence our game with Dunfermline got moved to the Tuesday/Wednesday night then we would have loads of Bears on here pretty pissed off that we screwed the fans over for the SPFL Shilling

Experienced TV people are cynical of this "derigging takes 3 days". I am too.

I think we should start a company that can de-rig a stadium in 3 hours.

Don't let the overall picture cloud your judgement and I ask how does it sound when you see it 2 semi-finals v 2 finals?

It's obviously better to be hosting the final but if there is no difference in the money then I'm not arsed. Yea it's probably favouring they cunts but I think we have enough problems of our own rather than splitting hairs over something like this.

And you know this for a fact? I'd have thought the tattie munchers would have been paid more for the more prestigious events.

And you know this for a fact? I'd have thought the tattie munchers would have been paid more for the more prestigious events.

nope all moneys from semi and finals are pooled together and from that venues are paid, with it being the same price to rent grounds for all matches , which means hearts , hibs , rangers and celtic all get the same amount of cash.

out of curiosity much you think clubs get to hire out grounds?

3 hours, it'd still be about half past 5/6 o'clock at night before the BBC could then set up their equpment, they'd have no day-light what so ever to work with in carrying out their run-throughs, I don't think any National Broadcaster would want those constaints placed upon them on the eve of a Cup Final

nope all moneys from semi and finals are pooled together and from that venues are paid, with it being the same price to rent grounds for all matches , which means hearts , hibs , rangers and celtic all get the same amount of cash.

out of curiosity much you think clubs get to hire out grounds?

That's a wee bit surprising actually.

Absolutely no idea how much we get from this? Anyone know what this is worth to us?

3 hours, it'd still be about half past 5/6 o'clock at night before the BBC could then set up their equpment, they'd have no day-light what so ever to work with in carrying out their run-throughs, I don't think any National Broadcaster would want those constaints placed upon them on the eve of a Cup Final

They'll have sufficient hours to conduct them beforehand. The whole morning would be available for what should be a minimal procedure.

Imho I don't think the fact we have a home game being televised the day before the League Cup final had anything to with their decision. After all year in year out the 2 Scottish Cup semi's are played at Hampden 2 days in a row and at least one of them is televised. As for us hosting the semi's so that it's 2 games each I thought they only gave us the semi's because we had a home league game(if we're not still in the cup) that weekend! I'd love for us to be in the Scottish Cup semi's esp as we'll have home advantage but if we're not it's another game my kids won't get to because it's too late for them on a school night by the time we get home. I'm more pee'd off about the Ramsdens final going to Easter Road as so few of our ST holders will get tickets. Absolutely ridiculous decision!

the way I look at it is you have four games, two semis and two finals to dish out between the two teams, for fairness sake one final and pne semi each would be the most sensible course but obviously the spfl aren't that bright. one stadium is a uefa recognised elite the other is only in the running because of its capacity if either of the two was to hold both finals then in any other country it would be ibrox.

100% agree but I think Sky have beat you to it. The 2009 Scottish cup semi finals, we played St.Mirren on the Saturday at Hampden with the game live on Sky, then on the Sunday Falkirk played Dunfermline at Hampden. I can't remember if the Falkirk game was televised or not though but ours definitely was as it was an early ko.

They'll have sufficient hours to conduct them beforehand. The whole morning would be available for what should be a minimal procedure.

a

Clutching at straws mate, if it was so simple then why do broadcasters constantly do it 24 hours before any game?

You can't just expect a broadcaster to change its whole philosophy, one that all the broadcasters use just for the sake of keeping some Bears happy, the ironic thing is a lot of those Bears would be pissed off that we sold our soul for the SPFL shilling.

100% agree but I think Sky have beat you to it. The 2009 Scottish cup semi finals, we played St.Mirren on the Saturday at Hampden with the game live on Sky, then on the Sunday Falkirk played Dunfermline at Hampden. I can't remember if the Falkirk game was televised or not though but ours definitely was as it was an early ko.

SKY would have left their equipment for the weekend due to them having the rights to show their own highlights of the 1 match they didn't show live

I'd imagine they will get more for a final. It'd be interesting to see the payments.

I'd imagine they will get more for a final. It'd be interesting to see the payments.

There will be a Hell of a lot more money if we meet them in the Semi Final at Ibrox............I think that previous posters are right. The share out has been pretty Fair TBH but the reasoning Doncaster gave was BS.....What I want to know is if One of the Semis is us against the beadrattlers, How on EARTH are they gonna televise it?

I mean BOTH Semis will be on TV...say ICT v Aberdeen on ALBA on the Saturday...then US on the Sunday Lunchtime!...How Can TWO TV Companies manage to rig and derig in that amount of time Mr Dungcaster?.......Bullshitting Arsehole

There will be a Hell of a lot more money if we meet them in the Semi Final at Ibrox............I think that previous posters are right. The share out has been pretty Fair TBH but the reasoning Doncaster gave was BS.....What I want to know is if One of the Semis is us against the beadrattlers, How on EARTH are they gonna televise it?

I mean BOTH Semis will be on TV...say ICT v Aberdeen on ALBA on the Saturday...then US on the Sunday Lunchtime!...How Can TWO TV Companies manage to rig and derig in that amount of time Mr Dungcaster?.......Bullshitting Arsehole

SKY will rig up for both Cup Semi's and the BBC will use their equitment like they always do, SKY/BT Sports don't have any rights for the Scottish League Cup so they don't offer their sevices

Do they have to set up in the dark for evening kick offs?

SKY will rig up for both Cup Semi's and the BBC will use their equitment like they always do, SKY/BT Sports don't have any rights for the Scottish League Cup so they don't offer their sevices

thats fair enough , but our game against dunfermline is on sky/bt and cup final is on bbc so why cant they do same thing?

You'd think so. I'd like to be sure though. I don't trust the SFA or the SPFL. Regardless, I'm still annoyed that the mhanks will be getting the two higher profile matches.

I'd imagine the only advantage the finals would bring would be higher sales revenue, selling consumables to the bigger crowds.

Ally's quite right to chip, chip away at things like this.

Those tactics have gained others major advantages and assistance.

It's not ideal, but others have altered the politics of the game. It was never about sporting integrity. That much we know now.

There's no point standing on the sidelines, shaking our heads, saying "Well, that's just not cricket.."

It's a dirty game with dirty tactics these days. Being Mary Poppins gets us nowhere.