I'd have bet on Ibrox not being picked for League Cup final

North Rd

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So our support greet they don't want the SFA to use Ibrox, I remember quotes of "tell them to fuck off" etc etc, but when they don't use it you all act offended? I'm glad they won't be using ibrox. The last thing I want is a team celebrating winning a trophy there that don't play in red white and blue.

So our support greet they don't want the SFA to use Ibrox, I remember quotes of "tell them to fuck off" etc etc, but when they don't use it you all act offended? I'm glad they won't be using ibrox. The last thing I want is a team celebrating winning a trophy there that don't play in red white and blue.

To be honest I've no seen anyone contradict themselfs - there's some that want the cash and some that don't

As much as I didn't want the final at Ibrox and it depresses me we were bending over backwards to try and help those bastards I'm glad McCoist finally grew a set of balls too and told them what everyone else knows

Keep it up (tu)

Sorry but, no matter what you think of Ally as a manager, he can't be accused of lacking in the testicular area: either in his playing days or more recently as one of the only guys constantly carrying the can for our club.

Sorry but, no matter what you think of Ally as a manager, he can't be accused of lacking in the testicular area: either in his playing days or more recently as one of the only guys constantly carrying the can for our club.

Sure I can

I've got loads of examples

Ibrox: a UEFA Elite stadium (Capable of hosting Champions League & Europa League finals)

Hampden: also a UEFA Elite stadium (I believe?, but out of the question due to CG)

Celtic Park: Fuck all... but gets picked.

This has been my argument all along.Forget the SFA or SPFL and an independent panel from outwith these shores were shown the criteria.....Ibrox would be first choice no bother.Outwith Hampden its our only European Elite Stadium...category four.....replacing the older 5 star system.

So they have the Scottish Cup Final,League Cup Final and worst of all the opening ceremony of the Commenwealth Games.So blatant its not real and not even questioned.....SHAMEFUL.!!!!!!

quite a few have stated that 2 games each is fine because we will get the same money. I'd welcome the logic on that one. Girodome has more seats (I know, normally empty) but that means the earning power of the organizer is greater. So, on a business basis, you would charge more to rent that out.

Or do people think you can hire a 10 room hotel for the same price as a 15 room one?

Would love to see the sums that are being paid......and I'd bet that we get less per match.

I dont think the SPFL will believe for one second they will get more than 50,000 at that match so going by your logic, if Ibrox was less, then surely that would have been the smarter option.

Not withstanding that though, if there are differences then I think they will be minimal.

Lets look at the other way though.

Lets say, we were given the League Cup Final and the other mhob were given the 2 x Scottish Cup semi-finals and the Scottish Cup Final. Would we accept that decision ? Or would we moan about that as well ?

I dont think the SPFL will believe for one second they will get more than 50,000 at that match so going by your logic, if Ibrox was less, then surely that would have been the smarter option.

Not withstanding that though, if there are differences then I think they will be minimal.

Lets look at the other way though.

Lets say, we were given the League Cup Final and the other mhob were given the 2 x Scottish Cup semi-finals and the Scottish Cup Final. Would we accept that decision ? Or would we moan about that as well ?

What if we were given the SC Final.....LC Final.....CG opening ceremony.....it would not be a moan,it would be an outcry..therein lies the difference...Get real.

Sure I can

I've got loads of examples

And right on cue, in todays super soaraway sun, Ally sticking up for his golfing buddy!!!

The same guy, who screamed DOB at the Rangers bench during a match at Ibrox, stepped off the field of play during the game to spit on a Rangers scarf, racially abused Rangers players in the tunnel at Ibrox (alledgedly) because no one at the club has the balls to confirm it officially, has made constant quips about 'financial doping' and 'stripping titles' etc

BUT Ally said " "It would be poor for everybody if Neil left because of that"

Yep, you stick up for your pal.

And right on cue, in todays super soaraway sun, Ally sticking up for his golfing buddy!!!

The same guy, who screamed DOB at the Rangers bench during a match at Ibrox, stepped off the field of play during the game to spit on a Rangers scarf, racially abused Rangers players in the tunnel at Ibrox (alledgedly) because no one at the club has the balls to confirm it officially, has made constant quips about 'financial doping' and 'stripping titles' etc

BUT Ally said " "It would be poor for everybody if Neil left because of that"

Yep, you stick up for your pal.

I seriously think you are misjudging 1st Jan on this. (tu)

I seriously think you are misjudging 1st Jan on this. (tu)

I read 1st Jan's post as meaning that Ally does not have the balls to defend the club/fans and he could give loads of examples of such.

If I've read him wrongly then apologies to him, either way should MCoist be defending the Lurgan Racist bhigot?

I think he's meaning to respond to the guy 1st Jan was responding to....

fuck it

Bit of both really, saintbob1969 posted "Sorry but, no matter what you think of Ally as a manager, he can't be accused of lacking in the testicular area"

1st Jan responded he could give loads of examples to prove otherwise....

and I gave an example of what I feel is our manager again going outwith his remit and not only failing to defend our club but actively defending a cunt who has put this country back 20 years imho.

If he feels he must mention the incident why not question why TLRB has problems with fans of so many clubs, surely fans at Aberdeen aren't kafflik-hating, anti-oirish bhigots too?

And I know the vile cunt is Irish btw.

Is familystandloyal trying to turn every thread into a vicious anti-Ally rant? Although I defended him in the past (Ally that is - not fsl) I am now having doubts about his managerial ability, but I would never stoop to the dogshit level of abuse he is now getting.

RC laughing at some Bear saying Ibrox is 5 star. They say it's only Hamdump and were very rude to him. Some cunt that has Twitter let them know they are cunts... http://www.wikistadiums.org/uefa-elite-stadiums

That rating system hasnt been used for about a decade as far as i know

I don't really mind so much about us getting the cup semi's and them the cup finals but I do admire Ally's choice of words. No doubt he will get a warning or fined for it by the corrupt SFA or SPFL and it's good to see him standing up against them and pointing out their dodgy ways. I do also think that the finals would generate a little more income too. As for the whole having to rig-up the TV cables etc excuse that doesn't wash with me. Here in Aus stadiums can get used up to 3 days running and in those 3 days used by 3 different rival TV stations (for example CH9 on Friday, CH7 on Saturday and Fox Sports on Sunday for the one stadium) and I also used to work for the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors in Canada and they can convert the Air Canada stadium from ice hockey rink to basketball court overnight yet they trod out the excuse they can't do it because of the TV scheduling and having to re-rig :rolleyes:

Surely this proves were the strength of Ally is , he is a natural when speaking to the media and always comes across really good , and gets his and Rangers point across throughout the written press and t v stations. I would leave Ally as manager for the rest of this season then, replace him, and put Ally forward to deal with our press releases and to deal with everyone and ever media outlet who try to attack our club.