I'd have bet on Ibrox not being picked for League Cup final

North Rd

I read 1st Jan's post as meaning that Ally does not have the balls to defend the club/fans and he could give loads of examples of such.

If I've read him wrongly then apologies to him, either way should MCoist be defending the Lurgan Racist bhigot?

You read me right mate

Ally "ma best pal Lennon" McCoist today is another kick in the balls to any normal Rangers fan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really mind so much about us getting the cup semi's and them the cup finals but I do admire Ally's choice of words. No doubt he will get a warning or fined for it by the corrupt SFA or SPFL and it's good to see him standing up against them and pointing out their dodgy ways. I do also think that the finals would generate a little more income too. As for the whole having to rig-up the TV cables etc excuse that doesn't wash with me. Here in Aus stadiums can get used up to 3 days running and in those 3 days used by 3 different rival TV stations (for example CH9 on Friday, CH7 on Saturday and Fox Sports on Sunday for the one stadium) and I also used to work for the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors in Canada and they can convert the Air Canada stadium from ice hockey rink to basketball court overnight yet they trod out the excuse they can't do it because of the TV scheduling and having to re-rig :rolleyes:

You are completely correct; the tv excuse is just plain nonsense and does not wash with anyone. Usually the semi finals are played on consecutive days at Hampden with one shown on BBC and the other by Sky oe ESPN in the past without the drama Doncaster suggests with cables etc.

It is also nonsense that the League Cup Final between teams with an combined average home attendance way short of 20k has to be played at a 60k capacity stadium and thw Ramsdens Cup Final between teams with a combined average attendance of 48 k HAS to be played in a stadium with a 20k capacity.

Just listening to Ally talk about tomorrows match on Rangers Chat. He has just said 'we are doing well in the league and we are in the Ramsden Cup final, we are ready for them tomorrow night'.

Fair enough Manager, job well done, keep it up and I might have to eat humble pie.