Biggest Game of the Season

plymouthranger

I've got a feeling that we will play good football tonight. We have decent players and at some point it has to click. Tonight would be a good time for some of our lads to shine.

I agree mate and it would be good to see them turn up the style for this game.

We know they have it in them, and the fact that it's a meaningful game again, should hopefully make them try a bit harder than they have been recently.

Agreed to an extent. Although the team do need to start to 'perform' soon though, it's fine grinding out results against top teams. Don't think its acceptable to do it against the dung of leagues 1 and 2 and if we do, we certainly won't be able to make the step up when we meet a better side.

I think it's more than acceptable in the straight knock-out competition.

Obviously we all want to see a good performance and us smash Dunfermline but progression is vital.

In the league where its all but wrapped up the performances perhaps are more of a priority especially considering we're going up the leagues and may not get away with such performances in the next few years.

But in the cup its solely about progressing - like somebody said if we win the Scottish Cup this year then nobody will remember or care how we performed in this round (tu)

I completely disagree.

cups games are about progression to the next round and NOTHING else is important.

In that case I'd be as well paying my money and not turning up. I am fed up of the attitude that the result is the only thing. I want to see football. That's the reason I pay money.

In that case I'd be as well paying my money and not turning up. I am fed up of the attitude that the result is the only thing. I want to see football. That's the reason I pay money.

Surely the reason you pay money is to see Rangers? You could see football at any number of venues this weekend, most of which promise a better chance of entertaining football.

Surely the reason you pay money is to see Rangers? You could see football at any number of venues this weekend, most of which promise a better chance of entertaining football.

Football and sport is meant to be about entertainment, that doesn't change because we have loyalty to particular teams

If the OP had added 'so far' to the end of his thread title then maybe I'd see a point in agreeing with him. The reality is, we will win this game, no matter the size of the crowd and it's the next round, the last 8 where we've a chance of meeting SPFL opposition that will be the biggest game of the season. Feck the Pars, even if they try to kick lumps out of us, we will prevail.

I didn't think I had to say that part. Since we are all Rangers fans, going to watch Rangers.

I pay money to see Rangers play football.