Rangers speak out against 'Mad Phil'

Boab

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? It was broadcast on the web though. What jurisdiction does a UK court have one foreign country?

If someone was to blog something in Iran that we didnt like, we could hardly just force the Iranian government to prosecute one of their own citizens for something they did in their own country.

Falls under the jurisdiction of the country the ISP provider is registered I believe.

Falls under the jurisdiction of the country the ISP provider is registered I believe.

You sure?

I would imagine that almost all laws are only enforceable in the country the 'crime' is committed in.

I could understand that if the ISP was UK based, then we could get the content removed or blocked, but I really dont see how we could do anything to a foreign national in a foreign country.

It is lightweight and not as emphatic or forceful as it could have have been. If the club are going to bother challenging that scumbag's lies then get wired in to him.

You think I'm being pretty pathetic? Fine. The day your opinion matters to me there will be be two blue moons and flocks of flying pigs in the sky.

The statement could be better but I've seen enough of your anti board postings to believe you were trying to insinuate that some of the claims might be true because of the wording, that's what I find pathetic. Feel free to say I'm wrong.

It mattered enough for you to reply though eh?

You sure?

I would imagine that almost all laws are only enforceable in the country the 'crime' is committed in.

I could understand that if the ISP was UK based, then we could get the content removed or blocked, but I really dont see how we could do anything to a foreign national in a foreign country.

Looks like the country in which it was published actually.

Libel is libel you would have to raise the civil action in Ireland though.

Hmmm I wondered about the wording of the statement, particularly the part "damaging to the reputation of Rangers Football Club.". That seems to me like grounds for some legal action. I wonder if the club is giving them all fair warning before going after the next lot of crap one of these scumbags produces . . . . .

club cant really win on this one but better to do something rather than nothing maybe just a shot across the bows at this stage

This is how I see it, far too much criticism in this thread I would say.

I cannot believe Wallace will not be looking at what can be done to stop this reptile and will have legal advice on what was best to say at this time.

This is how I see it, far too much criticism in this thread I would say.

I cannot believe Wallace will not be looking at what can be done to stop this reptile and will have legal advice on what was best to say at this time.

Aye I think Wallace and co deserve a bit of a chance on this

Looks like the country in which it was published actually.

Libel is libel you would have to raise the civil action in Ireland though.

Yea true, if he is committing libel, then its a crime.

Like you say though, the case would not be under UK jurisdiction, but would have to be raised in the Irish legal system.

Jim Delahunt snickering that he "gets into trouble for reading Rangers' statements."

I tend to agree with Ger-Onimo here. I am not sure that this weirdo should be acknowledged by the club.

Delacunt is a putrid wee arsehole. I would never tire of booting the jaw clean off him.

Hmmm I wondered about the wording of the statement, particularly the part "damaging to the reputation of Rangers Football Club.". That seems to me like grounds for some legal action. I wonder if the club is giving them all fair warning before going after the next lot of crap one of these scumbags produces . . . . .

I agree there's a warning in that message but it has been too much for too long.

Until one of these bigots are sued or jailed, then it's all just meaningless words.

Action needs taken. Not pish statements!

Whether it is or not, whatever the board do won't be good enough for you :)

For one thing. I havent got a single clue what you are on about. If you can show me one post where I have been against this board I would be delighted to see it. You must be sniffing around bawsbursts crumbs.

Secondly you completely avoided a simple yes or no question.

Do you think this statement was strong enough?

One of the reasons the famine song was banned was due to a complaint from visiting Irish officials I believe it is time we returned the favour and let the Irish government know respect is a two way process.

It should work like that, you're right, but i do not know one single MP/MSP in the entire country, that would put our grievance forward to the Irish officials, with any true conviction.

I am not happy with the Board's statement either, and can only hope it is, as some say above, a softly, softly approach.

Why we would use this tactic against this sectarian stained lunatic, and then issue legal warnings to others, is anybodies guess.Only time will tell. :7325:

I've had a bash and I reckon this version or similar is better. It shows phil macgivian up for the crook he is, whilst could not be done legally due to the alleged etc.

Dear All,

It has come to our attention that a number of false allegations have been made regarding Rangers Football Club, from a known bigot masquerading as a journalist, indeed suffice to say this is the same man termed by a tabloid national paper as being "tarred with a sickening sectarian brush". A man whose such past is so dubious he has changed his surname 2-3 times Indeed it remains open to reasonable conjecture as to why this is the case.

Whilst it is not club policy to comment on such individuals. It would appear the individual is suffering from an obvious mental health problem. We refute these allegations wholeheartedly, and urge the individual to seek the immediate help of a mental health professional if not for him for the sake of his alleged (sic) daughter.

In the meantime, I will be working tirelessly to return the Rangers Football Club to their rightful position at the top of the Scottish and European Game

Yours Sincerely

Mr Graham Wallace

The Priviledged CEO of the Rangers FC

Edit :The above is intended for humorous purposes only. No fictitious daughters were made to cry in the drafting of this statement. If you or any persons affected by this statement were made to cry please seek the help of a mental health professional.

How about this?

Rangers FC have once again read the comments of the mentally ill bigot with disbelief. We have allowed this to go on for so long in the hope this diseased ridden piece of bile would either die or come to his senses. Unfortunately, he's still alive and spreading lies about our club. It's with great delight, we fully intend to sue this mentally ill dirtbag and ensure he does the honourable thing and kills himself or loses everything he owns when he pays us for libel.

This gets my vote :7325: