Last Nights Attendance

don logan

For what was probably the biggest game of our season, no ifs no buts, last nights attendance was pitiful. Whatever the truth is behind the rumours we need money and more fans should have stepped up to the plate. We have hardcore but we have a huge chunk of fairweather fans. Lots of noise is made about this that and the next thing on forums etc but when following through on this, we are left wanting, like last night. And I've read screeds of negative stuff on here about much maligned The Blue Order but they filled their section last night despite the fact it was a Friday night, on the telly, we are playing shite football etc etc etc. And they sang from first minute to last to create the only atmosphere in the ground.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what was probably the biggest game of our season, no ifs no buts, last nights attendance was pitiful. Whatever the truth is behind the rumours we need money and more fans should have stepped up to the plate. We have hardcore but we have a huge chunk of fairweather fans. Lots of noise is made about this that and the next thing on forums etc but when following through on this, we are left wanting, like last night. And I've read screeds of negative stuff on here about much maligned The Blue Order but they filled their section last night despite the fact it was a Friday night, on the telly, we are playing shite football etc etc etc. And they sang from first minute to last to create the only atmosphere in the ground.

You're right. You're the biggest bluenose.

Well done.

Whats going on with non season ticker cup matches now? Not just with us but the Tims too...

I remember being at Kris Boyd's debut against a 3rd Divison mob in the Scottish Cup and I think there was about 40,000 at it, thats a cup game so you can bet the announced figure is accurate, if we got 40k to a game now, a genuine 40k it's deemed a big deal.

Both Old Firm clubs could give teams 30 points of a start in their respective leagues so you'd think that Cup competitions would have a greater significance but fans just don't seem as interested.

imo even though it was cheap, the pricing for a friday night game is still way off

£17 quid for adults and a fiver for kids, 22 quid minimum not including expenses to and from the game plus food and drink, far too much to charge only a month after xmas really

it should have been £15 quid adults, £10 concession and every full paying adult can get 1 kid in for free, also the adult ticket grants 10% off of the total cost at the food outlets

The cup games are a brucie bonus on a season, no club should budget for any of them, so its an ideal time to try and experiment with the pricing to see if anything could be done differently

Pretty low crowd for a team with the amount of supporters we have , also pricing wise it wasny too clever either imo ,shoulda made it a £10 for adults and a £5 for concession/kids , also coulda made a fortune if they cheapened the food n drink prices , ie all burgers /pies £1.50 and all drinks £1

Pretty low crowd for a team with the amount of supporters we have , also pricing wise it wasny too clever either imo ,shoulda made it a £10 for adults and a £5 for concession/kids , also coulda made a fortune if they cheapened the food n drink prices , ie all burgers /pies £1.50 and all drinks £1

The catering at ibrox is separate from rangers it's a franchise I think, I've always said they could do so much with the catering it's a joke I never buy anything